Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Knight Avatar von Gor_Na_Drak

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline

Technical difficulties G2/NotR

I had just put in my disk of NotR to start a new game and this is what's going on on my screen.

[Bild: sthis5fv.th.png]

This only happens when I'm outside in the game world, and only with NPC's, creatures and trees, not rocks, or the sides of buildings. But if I'm inside the game world, like a building, it doesn't happen with creatures or NPC's, or anything else for that matter.

I've already tried a reinstall to no avail. I checked out other games but there's no problem there either. I even reinstalled G2 only, leaving out the NotR but still the same problem. I've tried resetting the visual options, and the video options, but again no luck. I'm thinking maybe my Gold edition is corrupt, but I'd like some other options out there if there are any before I go out and shell out my money for another copy (if I can even find one).

Thanks.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Chosen One Avatar von rockfest

rockfest ist offline
    First of all you should have posted this link too :
    http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9912/sthis5fv.png

And now...what the hell is that? I can't understand it. Try to describe it or dunno....what is it?

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    I think... it's a graphics glitch.
    I sometimes had that on City of Villains.
    I'd suggest installing the latest drivers for your graphics card.
    And possibly the newest version of DirectX.

As for what it exactly is; I can only guess but here's what I think:
    I think that the game accidently assigned a polygon or 2 outside the model. (how unlikely it may sound)
    An other possibility is that the game assigned 2 (or more in bad cases) binding points for the textures on models that have should not have that texture. (more likely)
    In anycase: it's horrible to look at. (especially with multiple of those glitches like I had in City of Villains)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Onisuzume
    I think... it's a graphics glitch.
    I sometimes had that on City of Villains.
    I'd suggest installing the latest drivers for your graphics card.
    And possibly the newest version of DirectX.

As for what it exactly is; I can only guess but here's what I think:
    I think that the game accidently assigned a polygon or 2 outside the model. (how unlikely it may sound)
    An other possibility is that the game assigned 2 (or more in bad cases) binding points for the textures on models that have should not have that texture. (more likely)
    In anycase: it's horrible to look at. (especially with multiple of those glitches like I had in City of Villains)
    I'll try this out. And yes it does seem that the textures from the hero, and the textures from the other NPC's seem to blend into one another or more accurately they seem to touch one another. It happens from long distances to. The further the NPC is from the hero the longer the textures seems to connect to one another. They also connect between one NPC and another creating this zig zag look between any NPC's, as well as the hero. It's really, really annoying. But it's also kinda cool to look at.

Might as well look at the bright side of a bad situation, no?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Sword Master Avatar von cipris

cipris ist offline
    That is the strangest think I saw to a game......... Most of the glitches at games I saw were from video card caused by bad drivers or overclocked video cards. But this don't look like one.......
    You tried to install the on another computer? Just to see if the problem is from game or from your computer.....
    [Bild: sigmouse27hv.jpg] -Hold still..........

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Gor_Na_Drak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von cipris
    That is the strangest think I saw to a game......... Most of the glitches at games I saw were from video card caused by bad drivers or overclocked video cards. But this don't look like one.......
    You tried to install the on another computer? Just to see if the problem is from game or from your computer.....
    No I didn't. But I don't think I have to now.

Onisuzume seems to have figured it out. Thank you. I installed the latest version of Direct x and reinstalled G2/NotR and all seems to be working fine.

Thank you again Onisuzume.

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Mythos Avatar von Onisuzume

Onisuzume ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gor_Na_Drak
    Thank you again Onisuzume.
    I rule.