Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Apprentice Avatar von chopkinsca

chopkinsca ist offline

Gothic 1: Ranger build.

First off, it's been many years since I've played the Gothic series. I just picked up the Gothic universe pack from steam.

Last time I played Gothic I went with a two-handed sword "build". My memory is rusty, but I remember you need points in something to use the sword at the end. My question is if archery is a viable option (it was in G2:NoTR). My biggest concern is the sword at the end and not having skill points to use it. Also, if I ended up in a situation with not enough stat points, would it be considered cheating to add just enough stats for the sword via the console?

Edit: this might have fit better in the help section.
    Geändert von chopkinsca (01.03.2012 um 21:26 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter Avatar von Saberstorm

Saberstorm ist offline
    The two hand sword is needed for chapter 6.
    "Don't throw stones at every dog that barks at you" George Silver

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Fighter Avatar von SkullX

SkullX ist offline
    I see lately many Gothic 1 threads and stuff, I am very happy to see people replaying/playing this game once again.

As for your problem, you can go Archery without a problem..cuz till the end of the game you'll get enough Strenght to use 2handed without investing points into it...until then you can play as range as you like.
    If you even try to look the other way...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    @chopkinsca: Here's a rather detailed uhm... "guide" on how to play as ranger:

First of all it's a bad idea to start with the bow right away due to the lack of ammunition. Your best bet it so invest 10 lp into 1handed combat, immediately followed by another 10 LP in strength. You can easily get to chapter 4 with a battle sword, if you know what you're doing that is.

Next thing I'd do is to farm experience. Kill the molerats, scavengers, bloodflies, goblins, lizards, maybe some wolves(generally a bad idea since they always attack in packs). Don't forget to go to the new mine and receive a free armor. Also, complete all the quest you can before joining a camp, which in this case should be the New Camp. I usually reach level 10 before joining so it should be no problem.

After you join, you should then master Bow and cap your dexterity afterwords. Now I haven't played in a long time and I'm not sure if the cap was 80 or 100 but either case, save your +dex potions for only after you have capped it. You can drink the str/mana perm. bonuses straight away since you don't need to cap those stats.

If I were you I'd start using the bow maybe in mid-3rd chapter, because as I said the arrows are scarce. Maybe it's not a bad idea to draw the string in the Orc Cemetary. Yeah.

By the time you get Uriziel you should have plenty of LP left to at least train 2h weapons once.
    As far as I recall it required like 20-30 str, which you will get from the permanent potion bonuses alone. There is no need to train your str at all.

So to sum this up short: Learn 1h once, add 10 str and get a battle sword; then farm LPs to master Bow and start capping your dexterity. Don't forget to kill everything possible for a few extra levels. That including most NPCs after chapter 5. Obviously you can't whack the immortal ones.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

chopkinsca ist offline
    Thanks for the advice. The only question I have is why join the new camp? It's been awhile, so I forget the perks for each camp.

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Veteran Avatar von CrashMorraKan

CrashMorraKan ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von SkullX Beitrag anzeigen
    [COLOR="#FF8C00"]I see lately many Gothic 1 threads and stuff, I am very happy to see people replaying/playing this game once again.
    i agree with you! even with those all new games, especially this (Skyrim) LOL (which i play myself) gothic 1 is still awesome!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von chopkinsca Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks for the advice. The only question I have is why join the new camp? It's been awhile, so I forget the perks for each camp.
    I don't know, it looks coolest.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

chopkinsca ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CrashMorraKan Beitrag anzeigen
    i agree with you! even with those all new games, especially this (Skyrim) LOL (which i play myself) gothic 1 is still awesome!
    All the old memories of why I loved the game are flooding back. I love how the game handles exploration. I love to explore and the game always throws stronger monsters at you in some places so you are left to wonder what is past those beasts until you are strong enough to kill them.

I also forgot how non-black-&-white quests are. The 'best' choice for a quest isn't always apparent as it is in other games. One example is where one guy asks you to go with him to get an amulet, instead he takes you to an ambush. Also ratting out the slacking worker in the mines. I thought the guard would be glad I told him a worker wasn't exactly working, instead I get a "I hate slackers, but I hate traitors even more!". I also love how some people will con you out of ore or something. I would be tempted to reload and avoid it, but just take it as being part of the game and reloading would be cheating.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Sword Master Avatar von C-Hawk

C-Hawk ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von chopkinsca Beitrag anzeigen
    Because you can learn 2h even though you didnt master 1h: saves 20LP (the costs for learning 1h-master.)

Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, I totally agree: the new camp is awesome. Rogue4Life
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    As Gomez will kick u out in Ch4 and the other camp believes in a devil, the rogues only rely on themselves. They're a bunch of filthy mercenaries, but at least they dont extort King Rhobar. (1?)
    Arcadia - A click and win tale
    Geändert von C-Hawk (07.03.2012 um 18:30 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Adventurer

TheWonderHenn ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    In New camp you also can become mercenary in chapter 1. First become rogue then you need to get level 10 and now talk to Lee.