Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 102
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von André Feroi
    Nice marketing event yesterday and nice atmosphere among the community
    Despite I do not care so much the graphics, I shared the communicative joy, cheer and friendly mood.

Now that we know the new hero's face, IMO the next step will be the demo !

Is it technically ready ? And if yes when will it be available ?
    Official message from Deep Silver is "before or at the same time than game release".

@doberlec: would a virtual gathering as yesterday one helps your company to haste the demo availability ?
    André Feroi ist offline Geändert von André Feroi (21.09.2009 um 10:12 Uhr) Grund: edited title based on DS feedback

2. #2 Zitieren
    Sysiphos  Avatar von Jodob
    yesterday doberlec said, the demo is still work in progress, so the release might be very close to the release of the game
    Jodob ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose
    Unfortunately, publishers tend to not release demos too far in advance of the game, partly to keep suspense high and partly because they fear it will give pirates a head-start on making a working crack; it is for this reason that some demos include the full version's copy protection to stall the pirates for as long as possible. Demos often don't come out until about a week before the game's release, and in some cases they don't come out until long after (which encourages some gamers to download a "demo" of a much less legal nature).

Since Risen merely uses disc-based copy protection it won't take the pirates long to crack it anyway. Hopefully Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver will balance this unfortunate reality of the industry against the immense goodwill an early demo would earn from those fearing another Gothic 3. An early demo would also increase pre-orders and pre-purchases, especially of the Collector's Edition; I myself have considered importing it, but that would have to hinge on the game meeting my expectations so fully that I would be willing to pay much more than the normal retail price for it.
    Arkose ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von Arkose Beitrag anzeigen
    Since Risen merely uses disc-based copy protection it won't take the pirates long to crack it anyway. Hopefully Piranha Bytes and Deep Silver will balance this unfortunate reality of the industry against the immense goodwill an early demo would earn from those fearing another Gothic 3. An early demo would also increase pre-orders and pre-purchases, especially of the Collector's Edition; I myself have considered importing it, but that would have to hinge on the game meeting my expectations so fully that I would be willing to pay much more than the normal retail price for it.
    The crack will be out no later than (most likely alot sooner) 24 hours. People who download the game, will have to wait for some time to download, and the crack will usually be out by then, so it wouldn't really matter.
    I hope they release it a week before, but I doubt that. I think it will be releaesed max 3 days before.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Zitat Zitat von Arkose Beitrag anzeigen
    Since Risen merely uses disc-based copy protection it won't take the pirates long to crack it anyway.
    That sentence suggest a logical connection between a "mere disc-based copy protection" and "early cracks" which I cannot see. Any copy protection is cracked rather quickly.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Arkose
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    That sentence suggest a logical connection between a "mere disc-based copy protection" and "early cracks" which I cannot see. Any copy protection is cracked rather quickly.
    Sorry, my point was that Risen's feeble protection won't prevent a "0 day" crack so an early demo would not measurably increase its vulnerability.

Activation-based systems do take a bit longer to crack; while this is normally measured in hours, not days, some games with advanced protection are not completely cracked the first time (meaning the game cannot be completed and/or has crippling glitches, as in the case of Mass Effect) and it can take up to a few days before a perfect crack is produced.
    Arkose ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite
    I can wait for the demo. I can already tell the demo (like most demos), are just the benchmark tests to see how well they run on my system. Still, it would great to get a feel for the game a bit early, just to get us more hyped for the full version, like the old days...
    Stalagmite ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Waldläufer
    I hope the demo will give a proper introduction to how well the voiceovers are performed and how the story can be anticipated to evolve qualitywise, as i dont purchase half-finished games thus supporting sloppy developers, G3 was such a game i didnt buy
    Mrdolce ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Rookie
    I already preordered Risen, but still it would be nice to get demo, I wouldn't then be so anxious for Risen....
    Barak ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SacredGamer
    Hope theres a demo for 360 although not betting on it.
    As I would like to see for myself how the control scheme is.
    Also how fluid the game is.
    SacredGamer ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Yes, please give us the Demo to shorten the time until it finally ships... hurry up now..
    Bruell ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    I bet the demo will come one week before
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von catalinux
    I bet the demo will come the same day with the game.
    catalinux ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    I bet the demo will come one week before
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen

They better release it earlier....
    Kostaz ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite
    Zitat Zitat von Kostaz Beitrag anzeigen

They better release it earlier....
    You showed them!

But yeah, on a marketing standpoint I can clearly see that they have no reason to release a demo earlier than the game seeing as how the majority of people who will snag an early demo are PB fans from the Gothic series. All the console kiddies and casul RPG gamers will just notice the demo when it's relesed then decide if they want to buy it or not. Something tells me they'll go for the most secure option that prevents pirating.

Sad but true.
    Stalagmite ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von Stalagmite Beitrag anzeigen
    Something tells me they'll go for the most secure option that prevents pirating.
    We have penguins!

[Bild: AlQaida_Penguin.gif]
    Kostaz ist offline Geändert von Kostaz (08.09.2009 um 23:45 Uhr)

17. #17 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Well then at least I can play it while the shipping is in progress.
    Shipping will take 1 to 3 days so that'l be okay but not great!
    Bruell ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von TeLovesc
    they wont release a demo anymore i think....is there any official announcement which says that there IS a demo??
    TeLovesc ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Yup. Working in progress, i mean.
    SoM3 ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Zitat Zitat von TeLovesc Beitrag anzeigen
    they wont release a demo anymore i think....is there any official announcement which says that there IS a demo??
    I do believe some time ago they officially announced that there will be a demo, just not when exactly.

Edit: How's about they release an early demo for all the participants of this WOR forum?
    Like those who have been here for say at least two months?
    Bruell ist offline Geändert von Bruell (12.09.2009 um 19:46 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... Letzte »