Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 31
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline

A little help with mage in G2 NotR?

I've passed Gothic 2 NotR as a warrior 1 handed and 2 handed and I've come to 3rd chapter with archer and quit cause it was too easy(literally lol) so now I want a challenge and start playing with a mage. Unfortunately, I have very bad memories of playing as a mage cause first time I played Gothic 2 NotR I played as a mage and screwed up, I remember the firebolt spell was a huge disappointment, me being low leveled and weak so I lost the will to play and I started over as a warrior.

Any advice on how to build, what to put points in, what I should(or shouldn't do) etc not to fuck myself up? And should I even learn str/1 or 2 handed or can I play as a pure mage?

I don't mind a big challenge if the reward is big too.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Zeri0n

Zeri0n ist offline
    Magician in notr is a challenge, at the beginning though, as of later you become the most OP class (that is if you play your game well)

Pure mage is even harder at the beginning but later on you are stronger than a "battlemage"

Mana, language (keep those tablets until you reach around 90 mana), alchemy (potions after 90 mana), pray every day (guildless, then novice and then as a mage), don't use claw of beliar (useless IMO)

as a battle mage: you could invest some LP into str + 1h (fighter should be enough)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Yeah, pure mage is tough. The problem is surviving until you can become a magician without either STR or DEX. I usually go for DEX and a little bow at the beginning but then it's too tempting to fall back on archery whenever things get a little hard up to about level 20 and then you're not a pure mage anymore.

I'm just starting a new game so maybe I'll try a branch on my level 2 character to see if it's possible without any DEX or STR. I've always been curious about that but haven't actually tried it because I've felt it would be too difficult.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    Magician in notr is a challenge, at the beginning though, as of later you become the most OP class (that is if you play your game well)

Pure mage is even harder at the beginning but later on you are stronger than a "battlemage"

Mana, language (keep those tablets until you reach around 90 mana), alchemy (potions after 90 mana), pray every day (guildless, then novice and then as a mage), don't use claw of beliar (useless IMO)

as a battle mage: you could invest some LP into str + 1h (fighter should be enough)
    Thanks for help, I think I'm going pure mage(even tho its gonna be hard). I already found some other useful info, like if you give all old stone tablets to Vatras at once he gives you a huge amount of xp and that you can transform into Dragon Snapper and clear half the island lol.

I didn't find one thing however. About shrines, if I pray as guildless and get 20 mana, when I pray as a novice/mage will I gain 20 mana again?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von fragonard Beitrag anzeigen
    Yeah, pure mage is tough. The problem is surviving until you can become a magician without either STR or DEX. I usually go for DEX and a little bow at the beginning but then it's too tempting to fall back on archery whenever things get a little hard up to about level 20 and then you're not a pure mage anymore.

I'm just starting a new game so maybe I'll try a branch on my level 2 character to see if it's possible without any DEX or STR. I've always been curious about that but haven't actually tried it because I've felt it would be too difficult.
    I'll start a new game now to try it too. I'll go pure mage and I'll only use weapons when I have to and won't put a single LP in str/weapon skills but I'll still take str and 1h/2h from tablets, potions etc

I've read somewhere that there is a Gothic hardcore mode thread with special rules, so I'd like to play by those rules too if anybody knows the rules or has a link to the page please help, my searching skills are bad

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    .... and that you can transform into Dragon Snapper and clear half the island lol.
    I don't know, that makes game pointless - especially when you said you wanna some challenge and so on. I don't say that I'm not using that spell - but I always use some restrictions for myself, usually just for one foe too strong in the beginning.
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Thank you so much

I'm gonna go hardcore first time mage. Yep I'm feeling a bit masochistic right now

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Zeri0n ist offline
    about Vatras and stone tablets:
    You won't get exp but mana (number of tablets = mana gained) - so keep those tablets till, hmm chapter 4?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't know, that makes game pointless - especially when you said you wanna some challenge and so on. I don't say that I'm not using that spell - but I always use some restrictions for myself, usually just for one foe too strong in the beginning.
    Yeah, you're right about that I didn't even use Dragon Snapper scroll yet(saving it for Jharkendar and that godawful swamp). I used a warg scroll though, to kill Ulf when I was going back from the test of fire.

Anyway, ATM I'm having much fun as mage right now. I learned fire arrow and goblin skeleton so I just summon goblin skeleton and he kills and takes dmg from me while I slowly poke from distance with fire arrow

Any awesome spell combos/spells I should get? I'm thinking of lightning instead of fireball in CH2

And can I become a Water mage and get their armor too?

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Sounds good. At what level did you go to the Monastery?

You can become a member of the Ring with armor but not an actual Water mage. (with robes)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Sounds good. At what level did you go to the Monastery?

You can become a member of the Ring with armor but not an actual Water mage. (with robes)
    I went to Monastery at level 5-6(quite early, I know), became mage at lvl 7 and I'm lvl 9 now. Last time I ended ch1 I was lvl 16. Now I'll be little lower since I didn't beat up mercenaries like I usually do because I'm a pure mage with 10 str and 10% weapon skills.

I know I can become member of the Ring, I played through NotR many times with warrior/archer but this is my first time as mage.

Didn't you say you'll go pure mage too? How are you doing? I hope you didn't give up, its hard but its definitely not impossible. I'll gladly help if you need advice about anything

Here is what I did about problem with melee combat. Spoiler warning!
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

I bought a staff from Gorax that requires 25 mana instead of strength, has 55 dmg and gives you 20 bonus mana, it costs 850 gold. Spend ~1000 gold on Daron to give you hp and some bonus mana and LP, give him 50 gold at a time(but I guess you already know that). Also, buy a sleep scroll from Zuris and put the guard besides Matteo's house to sleep and loot the chests, you'll get leather armor and some citizien armors for protection(I guess you already know this too but still). All this HP and armor will give you durability and staff will give you bonus dmg though you will still attack slow. You can take down packs of up to 2 bloodflies/scavs/wolves this way and 3-4 goblins when you're about lvl 6-7

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

Ratamahatta ist offline
    Any awesome spell combos/spells I should get? I'm thinking of lightning instead of fireball in CH2
    summoning spells are always useful to distract enemies as you are doing it now and lightning spell I like more than fireball (though in returning mod in the beginning this spell was just amazing ) or is it a small lightning spell? if so - this spell sucks.
    talking about combos - I remember I was using for fun purposes against single enemy this combo: wind fist (enemy is punched further away) + lightning or even geyser till enemy has come closer (geyser spell personally for me is one of the most visually beautiful spell )

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline

Didn't you say you'll go pure mage too? How are you doing? I hope you didn't give up, its hard but its definitely not impossible. I'll gladly help if you need advice about anything

I haven't been able to play for the last few days but, yes, I do intend to try and I appreciate the offer of advice.

Level 5 sounds about right. As soon as I'm strong enough to get Daron's statuette I'll head to the Monastery and try to make up some XP before going into Ch2.

Did you apprentice with anyone?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    I haven't been able to play for the last few days but, yes, I do intend to try and I appreciate the offer of advice.

Level 5 sounds about right. As soon as I'm strong enough to get Daron's statuette I'll head to the Monastery and try to make up some XP before going into Ch2.

Did you apprentice with anyone?
    I apprenticed with Constantino but I don't give him Dark Mushrooms cause of bonus mana, I only give him Digger meat.

I didn't do Bosper's mission because I didn't want to spend 5 LP on skinning so I found an orc weapon for Harrad in a bandit cave when you go left from the second town entrance.

Who can teach me to make Elixir of Spirit(for +5 mana)? Do I need to know to make all other mana potions before I can learn to do it or is it separated?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Local Hero

fragonard ist offline
    Sagitta and Neoras. You need to spend 19 LP.
    Are you familiar with this site? All the info you need.
    http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/

If you use the Engish version, be careful because there are a few errors.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

Zeri0n ist offline
    @Rattamatha, yes it's small lightning spell, since lightning spell is third circle spell along with ice lance (ooh, get ice lance!!! owns fire lizards and fire golems, easy exp)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zeri0n Beitrag anzeigen
    @Rattamatha, yes it's small lightning spell, since lightning spell is third circle spell along with ice lance (ooh, get ice lance!!! owns fire lizards and fire golems, easy exp)
    Yes, I'm definitely planning to go with Lightning/Ice spells + summoning spells. I'm not a big fan of healing/light/fire spells, except Rain of Fire, do I need to learn simpler fire spells(Firebolt, Fireball etc) before learning Rain of Fire?

Also, fragonard thanks for the site its pretty cool, I remember finding it about 2-3 years ago and really liking it but then forgetting how its named so thanks alot

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19

Ratamahatta ist offline
    do I need to learn simpler fire spells(Firebolt, Fireball etc) before learning Rain of Fire?
    as far as I remember it is not needed - it is different circles of magic what matters.
    one important question - what magic runes can you find during a game? I do remember
    fear, summon goblin, ice arrow??? spell runes
    but do not remember exact locations, except where Bilgot's friend found his final resting place..

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Ratamahatta Beitrag anzeigen
    as far as I remember it is not needed - it is different circles of magic what matters.
    one important question - what magic runes can you find during a game? I do remember
    fear, summon goblin, ice arrow??? spell runes
    but do not remember exact locations, except where Bilgot's friend found his final resting place..
    When can I enter which circle of magic? I really hope that it doesn't go like this: Circle 1 - Chapter 1, Circle 2 - Chapter 2

Also, who can teach me to take tongue of fire from fire lizards?

And what about plain runestones? Can I buy them from somebody? I know I'll get 1 from Lutero after I bring him snapper claws.

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »