Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Rookie

Goddess_Elune ist offline

I cannot install Gothic I

Hello, everybody!

This is the most annoying thing in the world.I have installed Gothic I about 2 months ago, then deleted it in order to play Gothic II for the second time (first time as a mercenary, second time as a paladin and next time I wil play it as a magician).Ok, so I deleted Gothic I in order to make some space on my hard.

Now I've finished Gothic II and I was planning to play Gothic I...but surprise! I cannot install it anymore.I place CD1 in the computer, the setup guide appears and there are 3 options available : modify, repair and remove. No matter what I chose, the result is the same: nothing happens. After 2 seconds a message appears saying that the maintenance is completed and then...nothing! The game is neither installed nor removed.I've tried Autorun, Open, Explore, Remove program, Delete file...and only Gods know how many other things...

Does anyone have any idea where I have gone wrong and how can I install Gothic I again?

Please don't, Saphira! I am the rider and I say we go!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Adventurer Avatar von SharkAttack

SharkAttack ist offline
    when you want to make space in your pc ..dont delete the folder with the program..unistall it ..you should reinstal windows ..or if you can replace the deleted folder uith the game(i mean put an installed copy of the game wher the deleted one was ...)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger Avatar von Shadow Lord

Shadow Lord ist offline
    You had to uninstall the game not simply delete it...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Schwertmeister Avatar von wurzel^2

wurzel^2 ist offline
    search in your registry for any entry called "gothic 1" and delete them... a reinstall of the os is one solution, but not a very good one.
    mabey if you have a second pc, just insall g1 on it and then copy the files, the setup maked on your other pc

cya wurzel

ps: sry for my bad englsih

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Rookie

Goddess_Elune ist offline
    Yeah, I know that the game has to be uninstalled before being deleted and I thought I did, but apparently I wasn't ...

I did all the things you suggested and it's still not working (except that thing with the second PC, wich I don't have). And I even reinstalled Windows...nothing has changed.

Any other ideas?

Please don't, Saphira! I am the rider and I say we go!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Sword Master Avatar von Mage Master

Mage Master ist offline
    Try this: Start Menu>Programs(or all programs)>Accesories>System Tools>System Restore. this will "turn the time back" from the point you chose, like yesterday, 3 days ago, 99 days ago... chose the time before you uninstalled g1. this should help you, but you should know that the whole programs and files will go back to the point you chose(in this case, before you uninstalled g1)

Welcome §welcome
    Geändert von Mage Master (22.01.2007 um 19:04 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Manually uninstall of g1:

- start RegEdit.exe, search HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    - search 'gothic' till you find 'DisplayName'='Gothic'
    - the found name of the found regestry-path is the GUID for the installation ( '{BBF10B37-4ED3-11D5-A818-00500435FC18}' )
    - delete the path [Programs]\InstallShield Installation Information\[GUID]
    - delete the above found path with the GUID

If Patch 1.08k is inastalled, the same again for 'DisplayName'='Gothic_Patch'. (by NicoDE).