Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 95
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan
    [Bild: risen_the_strike_logo.jpg]

Hello. I would like to present you one of the mod projects I am currently working on ( there are two in total ).

The Strike name of mod officially changes. The Strike tells you a story ( the plot is not finished yet ) about game third faction ( The Paladins ), group of warriors who intentionally reach the shores of Faranga to regain the lost control of the island.

ESTIMATED RELEASE DATE: 01.06.2014

I decided to give a name of "expansion mod" because this is going to be the biggest mod project in Risen1 history

EDIT:

New story proposal:

The world is ending, the Titans are destroying everything and Faranga is one of only few safe places
    to live. The Inquisition from Gaurus realizes, that they need to abandon Gaurus in order to survive.
    They get on ships and arrive on the Faranga to take it over for themselves. At that moment Faranga is being ruled by
    Don Esteban and his most trustworthy man - commandant Candela.

When Inquision arrives on the island – the Don with his men escape to the swamp - because they know that they don't stand a chance in open battle with well combat-trained troops of the Inquisition. Mendoza and his men take control over the island and lock almost everyone in Harbour town. When the Inquisition strikes at harbour town many members of the Town Guard perish in fight... Those who didn't die in a fight had no choice – they had to surrender to Inquisiton or get instantly slain... Commandant Candela – the commandant of Town Guard manages to run away during the battle of harbour town, but he loses many good men.

Those of the town guards who remained in harbour town are divided into two groups: one that is officially assimilated by the Inquisition and the second group- which serves the Inquisition only seemingly, but in their hearts they are still loyal to Candela and they ready to start the revolt in the harbour town in any moment.

Candela is angry on Esteban, because when the inquistion came Esteban left him alone, didn't help him to stay in command and didn't take him to the swampcamp. Candela hates the Order because they are the main reason he lost his force, moreover –he lost his second half- his beloved wife Rebecca lost her life during the attack of the inquisition. Candela and his men establish a hidden camp away from harbour town.

Time runs out and the Titans have already destroyed majority of the world – The Old Kingdom, the biggest land in the region has no future, they have to escape like the Inquisition did, before their homes will be comletely wrecked by Titans - they have heard that Faranga is protected from Titan attacks somehow, so they decide to run for it. Unfortunately the King Gardom – the ruler of the The Old Kingdom dies in Titan attack, while trying to escape from Old Kingdom.

The squad of one-hundred warriors escapes with two ships, commanded by General Magmus and lieutenant Ferro. The Ferro is well known for his irascible and rebellious temperament ( he is a son of an influential magnate from the Old Kingdom ), and he often caused problems in army. Many people claim, that he became Commandant only because of protection of his father.

Unfortunaltely the Knights did not predict, that the arrival on Faranga may be more difficult, than they expected - their ships felt into terryfiying storm - wind crashed them on the rocks and ripped their ships into pieces. Only few of them survived - those who made it - reached the shore of Faranga by swimming or by rescue boats, most of their gear was lost underwater.

A rest of Knights, who survived the crash was totally exhaused and had very low morale... The Commandant Ferro made use of this situation, since he always have been in confict with General Magmus - and convinced a small group of warriors to join him and escape .

Ferro and Magmus have their own, very different plans to introduce. The island will show who is right and who of them will survive...

In summary:
    -one new Town Guard camp ( Candela )
    -two new Knight's camps ( Ferro and General Magmus )
    -one new Inquisiton stealth camp

About the Strike of The Paladins mod in short:

-it is going to bring the atmospere of open-confilt between Bandits, Inquisition and Paladins ( Paladins will be neutral to Don Esteban's Bandit's , but hostile to Inquision )

-new, darker, moodier atmospere of confilct and danger
    -up to 50 new quests and dialogues ( type: bring, check, steal, infiltrate, kill ) - example quest: "Go to stealth Inquisition camp and steal their weapons"
    -new faction ( The Paladins )
    -scripted Inquisition patrols walking on selected areas of island
    -new weapons
    -new items
    -new monsters?
    -new armour textures and armour models ( I will need some help with that )
    -storyline enchancing and crossing the original Risen storyline ( player will have a option to help Paladins and kill Mendoza or collabore with Inquisition and destroy Paladins. )

-interesting mod giving about 5-10 hours of additional gameplay.

HELP OF OTHER MODDERS WANTED!
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (25.11.2013 um 17:46 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Diener der Nachtmutter Avatar von TheDarkRuler
    Looks like something i would like to play.
    But do you have some pictures or other ingame material to show us?
    Would be cool to see some progress there.
    "I won't run, I will stand and look ahead to what I must do. I must face the fear, I won't let it control me anymore.
    I will use my heart that holds my courage and my bravery to move forward to what I must do."

TheDarkRuler ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Waldläufer
    Great to see!
    Mixtli ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Phael
    Well the story/description is nothing that blows me away, to be honest (maybe you could try to recruit some help in this department?), but the screenshots look phenomenal, I have to say. I don't think I've ever seen anything to this extent in Risen, so keep up the good work - if you manage to release it, it could maybe even be a boost to Risen modding in general.
    Phael ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Yeah, I am open for any kind of help even in story creating. Greetings
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Legende Avatar von JFaron
    That's kind of a great plan you've got there and I'm really excited about your progress. However, I have to to agree with Phael.

I also had the idea to implement a new faction (In fact I wanted their camp in the position of the Paladin's camp aswell), but it should be an extended pirate-story, featuring even more of Patty and the Romanovs. (Who could e. g. come from the neigbour island Gaurus )
    But I dropped the idea because of several reasons, or let's say I stopped caring about at that time. One of these reasons is: In my opinion there is too much that could be done in the existing chapters and plots.

One of the two major problems of Risen is the linearity in the last chapters. That sucks, and that could be changed. My ideas were to a) differ the mages and the guys of the inquisition at this point, creating completely different plots. (Mages: Background of Lizards; Inquisition: Control over the city, maybe even a little revolt.) and b) creating a new threat, for example through a new faction. But that was in my opinion the weaker idea.
    The second problem of the game is the missing lore and the inconsistency. That could be combined with "friends" of the hero (I always consider William and Sam nice mates ), another problem. This point would actually require changes from the beginning on. I personally am not so interested in that areas, since I like to create my own stories with a wide interpretive framework.

I can totally share your point, and I really like to see someone is working on this, but I would be very happy if you (at least) think about enhancing the existing factions with new backgrounds etc.
    And I personally like the ideas of pirates rather than Paladins more, since the soldiers of the Inquisition are actually Paladins and described at these (at least) in the strategy guide. Or you create a mixture of pirates and mercenaries by using a originally disciplined hierarchy and fleets ending up in your conflict between General and Commander
    JFaron ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    JFaron - no offence, but I prefer to stick to original idea of Paladins, rather than to pirates. As I said I am open to suggestions and we could create another group/faction known as pirates with additional quests enhancing the story, while keeping the original plot related to paladins arrival.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    while keeping the original plot related to paladins arrival.
    It's your mod, and your decision. That doesn't offend me. I'm just saying that mercenaries would suit better than paladins, since the paladins already exist.
    JFaron ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    I will consider the use of mercenaries
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Phael
    That's actually what I thought as well. Paladins and Inquisition just sound too similar, in my opinion.
    You should really give a lot of thought into how to make the new faction different from the old ones, in terms of motivation, optic and gameplay - the Paladins you described sound to much like a mixture between Inquisition (organized, religious military types) and the Bandits (economic motivation, taking over the island).

I'm also a little bit confused about the backstory: So, the world is ending, the Titans are wrecking havoc and Faranga is pretty much one of the few safe havens, but this guy Lord Gardom cares about who is ruling an island because of some treasures?
    What would make more sense to me, if he and his man escaped from the Southern Kingdom, which lies in ruins, and tries to take over Faranga for himself, because its the only place that is protected from the Titans. And he could either die during the storm, or wash ashore on the beach (which would provide you some conflict with Candela).

But yeah, that's of course just my opinions. I won't tell you what to put into your mod, I just think there's some room for improvement.

EDIT: And you don't have to call them mercenaries, I think. It's just that "Paladin" always brings to mind a religious order, and I'm not sure that's what you're getting at. Other more neutral terms would be "Knights" or "Soldiers" or something like that. Or maybe don't refer to their faction with a job description, but with the place of origin? So either a simply "Southerners" or with the name of the kingdom.
    Phael ist offline Geändert von Phael (18.09.2013 um 18:59 Uhr)

11. #11 Zitieren
    Some thoughts and the modders diary I've been thinking about the mod's name and ways to enhance mod's story - but I haven't invited much more - your ideas?

Day 1one

Official work on the mod has started three days ago ( thanks to Baltram and JFaron for showing me the way to create custom lrent files from the beginnig). I have already created the bridge leading to hidden inquisition camp ( original bridge from the game was a base ), I updated the collision mesh and it's working fine.

Day 2two

I have created roaming inquisition patrols ( I still need to make them wander by exact trail ). Some designing of the hidden inquisition camp was done too ( I inserted majority of NPC ) , but I am still not sure about the watchtower location

Day 3three

I have almost done and finished the second Knight's camp ( Candela will be there ) but I encountered weird bug - not every object, which I add with Reditor appears later in game ( it's especially frequent with NPC adding ) - even 25% don't appear at all... I am afraid I cannot continue modding with such fu*ked up problem.
    Maybe that's my fault - maybe I don't copy a file that is needed ( screen shot from the folder containing "projects" files )
    I have encountered this problem also on previous versions of Reditor.

[Bild: projects.png]

Take a look maybe I commit an error somewhere?

Tell me what do you think about watchtower location ( the optional position is marked with a cross ) - but placing it on the optional possition requires more work from me ( I need to open xsmh with 3ds max, rotate it, replace, create collision mesh again and then update the collision mesh ). Tell me if the watchtower location isn't too exposed for hidden camp?

At the moment I have a lot of problems with rotating objects - rotating them in the Reditor destroys their mesh ( in 90% of cases ). Unfortunately the newest version with rotation gizmo is not working and I cannot find any programmist to fix it.

Here are the potential routes of Inquisiton patrols ( they roam from the point 1one to point 5five and then wait for 30 seconds, then they go back over and over )

patrol1 route
    [Bild: patrol_1_route.jpg]

patrol2 route

[Bild: patrol_2_route.jpg]

patrol3 route

[Bild: patrol_3_route.jpg]

Inquisition camp bridge and watchtower:

[Bild: pNIx3uwhKWvbB1UkTIUntitled.jpg]

[Bild: k6Y5jCd9yKumtekyUntitled_2.jpg]

[Bild: bridge_inquisition_camp.jpg]

[Bild: bridge_2_stealth_inquisition_camp.jpg]

[Bild: bridge_3_stealth_inquisition_camp.jpg]

Havin' some barbeque at Knight's second camp

[Bild: barbeque.jpg]

The entrance to Knight's second camp

[Bild: second_knight_s_camp___entrance.jpg]

Sitting on some treestump

[Bild: treestump_sitting.jpg]

In second knight's camp

[Bild: jUNnzLZ4nUntitled_2.jpg]

Pass in the second knight's camp

[Bild: RUntitled_3.jpg]

A blockade at the end of the second knight's camp ( Candela and his man locked the second entrance to the cave to avoid an attack from the back ).

[Bild: Untitled_5.jpg]
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (25.09.2013 um 15:11 Uhr)

12. #12 Zitieren
    Abenteurer
    -Tell me if the watchtower location isn't too exposed for hidden camp?-
    No, i don't think it's too exposed. It looks good like this.
    GGGeorGGG ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Sorry, I didn't upload the pics of the watchtower location, here they are:

[Bild: watch_tower_location_3.jpg]

[Bild: watch_tower_location_2.jpg]
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    It's a nice idea to write a 'modder's diary'.

I encountered weird bug - not every object, which I add with Reditor appears later in game ( it's especially frequent with NPC adding ) - even 25% don't appear at all...
    So if you open the .lrent in REditor, all of the NPCs are there but if you start the game some are missing?

You could check if they are really missing (or just invisible) using for example DynEntity Edit <GUID> or DynEntity Show <GUID>. DynEntity GetGuid <Name> could also help.

At the moment I have a lot of problems with rotating objects - rotating them in the Reditor destroys their mesh ( in 90% of cases ).
    Try using the in-game editor: In Minsky Mode, press Ctrl+Alt+Space. A white cross should appear. You can select entities with this cursor and rotate them by pressing Alt plus one of the three keys next to the left shift button. You can save your changes using World SaveLayer.
    Baltram ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Bücherwolf  Avatar von HerrFenrisWolf
    I would alter some of your ideas more to stay closer to the "Risen lore" or simply that what we know from the official website and co.
    The king is dead and out of the ruins of the old kingdom form the order ( inquisition ) to protect mankind and establish a new order. Faranga was ruled by Don Esteban, his men ( now bandits ) and the old townguard. When the inquistion arrived Esteban fled to the swamp with the most of his men. Why there are only so few old town guards in the city? Maybe Carlos kicked the most of them out to because they were so corrupt ( only a few ones remain because somebody have to care at the slum ( you should be build up with more tents and poor farmers ) and Mendoza take so many men with him to the fortress ) .
    If I would be you, I would make one of the two planned new camps to the camp of the old townguard. There the major ex guards live with their commandand Candela. Candela is angry on Esteban, because when the inquistion came Esteban left him alone, didn't help him to stay in command and didn't take him to the swampcamp too. But Candela hates the order too, because they are the main reason he lost his force.
    Some days after the inquisition Lord Gardom arrives at the island. He is the nephew of the dead king and the biggest looser after the Inquisition was established. He is a old nobleman with the wish to restore the old monarchy but only a few loyal men. Together they followed the ships of the inquisition from Gareus ( was mentioned to be the neighbor island to Faranga, where the hero gets on board at the inquisitors ship ) to Faranga. He wants to take over Faranga because it's seems to be a save place and he is some kind related to the old nobleman family Patroscon. So Candela bets on the knew arrived horse Lord Gardom and his remant knights.

It would be nice to have some more faction interaction in the mod. So Esteban could buy Candelas loyality again to wipe out Lord Gardoms men and take him prisoner or Lord Gardom could provocate a attack of the inquisition on the bandits and so on.
    HerrFenrisWolf ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von HerrFenrisWolf Beitrag anzeigen
    Why there are only so few old town guards in the city?
    It is explained by a (named) townguard ingame. They were the first to step into the ruins to save the people or give them time to flee or whatever. Through this many of them died...

Gareus
    At least in German it is Gaurus. (src: Risen magazine (GER), page 3)
    JFaron ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Baltram wrote:

"So if you open the .lrent in REditor, all of the NPCs are there but if you start the game some are missing?

You could check if they are really missing (or just invisible) using for example DynEntity Edit <GUID> or DynEntity Show <GUID>. DynEntity GetGuid <Name> could also help."

Exactly, all of them are in editor, but when I start the game some of them are missing

Thanks, I will check it out

HerrFenrisWolf - whoah that's a bit complicated story, but I even like it
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (25.09.2013 um 17:47 Uhr)

18. #18 Zitieren
    Bücherwolf  Avatar von HerrFenrisWolf
    Zitat Zitat von JFaron Beitrag anzeigen
    It is explained by a (named) townguard ingame. They were the first to step into the ruins to save the people or give them time to flee or whatever. Through this many of them died...

At least in German it is Gaurus. (src: Risen magazine (GER), page 3)
    Really? Mhh seems I forget that... but still like my idea.

Thank you for the Risen magazine... that was exactly what I'm looking for in another thread, hahahaha...
    HerrFenrisWolf ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Baltram - are you sure about key combination? I do select an object, then I press alt + one of those keys, then I can see that
    X Y Z arrows are highlit every time i tap the key, but objects don't want to rotate...

Looks like the game doesn't really load the entity ( yes, it is in the editor ) and the entity doesn't really exist in game, it's missing - I wrote down the GUID of the specific entity ( Townguard_01 ) from Risen Editor
    [ TAB Entity -> Properties -> Misc -> GUID ] and then I used your command "DynEntity Show {GUID}" on game's console

It had following effect: "DynEntity Show {GUID} failed" , "Retrieved invalid dynamic entity from GUID". Then I input the command
    "DynEntity GetGuid Townguard_01" and the game gave me a reply: "bla bla bla {GUID}" The nearest Townguard_01 entity is 20,5 metres ( or something similar ). It prooves, that there are no entities around ( because console should find the guard standing no further than 4-5 metres - these 20,5m distant were some other guards, that were already visible.
    CzarnyAfgan ist offline Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (25.09.2013 um 18:58 Uhr)

20. #20 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Baltram
    Baltram - are you sure about key combination? I do select an object, then I press alt + one of those keys, then I can see that
    X Y Z arrows are highlit every time i tap the key, but objects don't want to rotate...
    Well you also need to move the mouse.
    Baltram ist offline

Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »