Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 9 123458 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 163
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    Pre-alpha version of Risen 2 being showcased at Game Developers Conference 2011!

Note: Latest preview is first.

G4TV: Risen 2: Dark Waters First Look Preview
    http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/65078/r...-Look-Preview/
    Deep Silver wouldn’t talk about a potential pet system, but I am holding out hope for parrots. The reps did say there will be no ship-to-ship combat, as the idea was to make a great RPG as opposed to a naval combat game.

AtomicGamer: Risen 2: Dark Waters Preview
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/articles/...waters-preview
    the hand-holding is cut down to a minimum, so if you gain skill points, you will have to find a trainer that has the skills you want and do quests to gain his favor (or just pay a bunch of money, we'd guess) - all just so you can actually spend the skill points you receive. Beyond that, while you will get quests that tell you where to go, the game doesn't put little markers on a map or compass to show you where off-the-beaten-path points of interest are. You have to find those yourself.

[...]

the developers can now equip items and accessories per-piece onto each NPC, giving each a more unique appearance.

[...]

while magic will be in the game, it's definitely going to be different than what we've seen in past Piranha Bytes games.

[...]

It's reasonable to assume that if you're getting into all this pirate-y stuff, you'll actually be able to sail a ship around, but when I asked, the developers merely told us that they're not talking about it yet. When you read this on our website, the context is removed, but the distinct impression I got was that it's in there and they just want to wait to show it off.

Digital Trends: First look at Risen 2: Dark Waters
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...2-dark-waters/
    The second game takes place a few years after, and the hero of the original game has grown tired and bitter. His battle with the titan cost him an eye, his accomplishments were not recognized, and he is in a downward spiral. As the game begins, titans freely roam the world, and your quest is to stop them and find out why they are raging around the world.

[...]

In traditional RPG fashion, the game starts you with nothing, and you build yourself up. [...] The game retains the open world style of the first, but many areas will either be inaccessible until you gain certain items, or might be accessible but too difficult for players at lower levels.

[...]

Firearms have also been introduced for the sequel, most items available will be usable and the attitudes of the enemies will determine their strength. If you are packing heat and the guy you are picking a fight with doesn’t seem the least bit frightened, then he probably isn’t because he knows he can crush you. Alternatively, if the enemy you are facing cowers from your might, then you should have no problem with them.

[...]

no release date has been given other than a possible late 2011 or early 2012 window on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

TeamXbox: Risen 2: A Pirate's Life for Me
    http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-36...ark-Waters/p1/
    the developers want you to grind your way back to earlier areas to solve puzzles you couldn't before and in general build a powerful character.

GoozerNation: Risen 2 Preview | GDC 2011
    http://www.goozernation.com/video-ga...eview-gdc-2011
    One thing that immediately stands out is the style and level of detail from Risen to Risen 2; they revamped character design in a big way.

DualShockers: Risen 2 Looks Arrrrr-right So Far
    http://dualshockers.com/2011/03/04/g...-right-so-far/
    there were reassurances that this time around, the console versions wouldn’t suffer such technical problems. The main complaints of the first game were that the 360 version was bogged down with bugs, glitches, and things of that nature. This was due to the hasty decision to port to consoles with only six to eight months before launch. This time around, they’re building the console versions from the ground up alongside the PC version, so the game should run smoother. Along with that, they’ve done some clever things to increase the efficiency of the cached and stored data on consoles and fully utilize the processing capability.

[...]

When asked for a release date, they exclaimed, “When it’s done,”

Destructoid: First Look at Risen 2
    http://www.destructoid.com/gdc-11-fi...2-195615.phtml
    The hero you play as is a broken-down drunk, a sharp contrast to the hero from the first game. It's a nice touch, and something I welcome as I'm sick of the perfect hero syndrome we always see in these types of games.

ZGR: GDC 2011 Risen 2 and Dead Island
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyjhixmcEdI&hd=1
    - Discussion about DeepSilver's GDC demonstration. No gameplay footage is shown.
    - GDC trailer to be released at some point in the future.

IGN: Play as a Pirate in Risen 2: Dark Waters
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1153294p1.html
    Dark Waters will feature multiple islands, at least three according to Piranha Bytes. These adventure areas will be smaller in size than Faranga from the first game, but in total will comprise a larger area of land filled with something on the order of 60 to 80 hours of content to play through. Piranha Bytes says that the multiple island setup allows for more exciting exploration, since you can't run around early on and explore all the terrain. Instead, you'll need to board a ship in order to travel to a new space, which allows for greater variety in environment design and presentation.

[...]

Past Piranha Bytes games have not been pick up and play experiences, and from the sounds of things Dark Waters won't be either
    New and higher resolution screenshots: (same screens without watermarks here at WoR!)

[Bild: risen-2-dark-waters-20llua.jpg] [Bild: risen-2-dark-waters-209lnk.jpg] [Bild: risen-2-dark-waters-200bar.jpg] [Bild: risen-2-dark-waters-206azi.jpg] [Bild: risen-2-dark-waters-20pb79.jpg] [Bild: risen-2-dark-waters-204yfb.jpg] [Bild: risen-2-dark-waters-20vxu0.jpg] [Bild: risen-2-dark-waters-20klbl.jpg]

GameSpot: Risen 2: Dark Waters Impressions - First Look
    http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc20..._pc&pid=622499
    While we took our first look at the game during a hands-off demonstration session, Piranha Bytes representatives took a great deal of time to address the specific complaints from Risen's fan community, including bland-looking character models, flat-looking environment textures, a lack of variety in enemies to fight, and technical problems in the console versions. The studio is addressing every single one of these concerns by creating highly detailed character models with varied animations and modular apparel that can be more-easily mixed and matched, enhanced environment texturing that makes the environments seem much more realistic, simultaneous PC and console development to ensure all versions of the game are created in lock-step, and lots of new enemies to populate the islands.

[...]

We then took a brief look at a pre-alpha version of the game in motion, and found the game to already look considerably better than the previous game. In addition to featuring beautiful water effects (which allow for underwater vegetation and darting schools of fish), Risen 2's environments seem highly detailed and will be populated by townspeople who have their own daily schedules and tasks that they'll attend to whether or not you happen to be in the area.

The game is still very early in development but already looks extremely promising. Risen 2 will offer better graphics, a bigger world, and an all-new story. The game will be released later this year.
    SlamDunk ist offline Geändert von SlamDunk (25.03.2011 um 14:30 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Thank you, comrade.

specific complaints from Risen's fan community
    What about readable books? Damn.

I know a scavenger when I see one!
    Powaz ist offline Geändert von Powaz (02.03.2011 um 20:31 Uhr)

3. #3 Zitieren
    Warrior Avatar von SlamDunk
    You're welcome

Could a mod/admin edit the topic headline to Risen 2 at GDC 2011 - Screens and details (2011 release date?)? Thanks!
    SlamDunk ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von nirolF
    At least one of the companions will be a mysterious woman practiced in the dreaded art of voodoo magic. This character appears in one of the game's early video trailers and rescues the hero by means of a voodoo doll and a lit match...
    when was that?
    nirolF ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Lazor
    That Mandrill-like monster seems to be my favorite PB creature so far in R2.
    Lazor ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    "In a first for a Piranha Bytes game, the Hero does not suffer from amnesia."

Why does everyone keep repeating that false stuff? I know of only one PB game where the hero had amnesia: Gothic 2. And there, it was optional (via dialogue) as a means to help players that did not know the first game.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Fable 4: Molyneux's wrath!

sorry, couldn't help myself

joke, aside, those screens look good.
    Yoomazir ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Cool...nice graphics. For some reason it reminds me of Gothic 2...the houses, vegetation and feeling yes...
    Textures look detailed...
    I cant see any Speedtree there...Strange. All that vegetation looks like hand modeled and textured...

those creatures look horrible though...

a fish with spider legs and an antenna on its head with a lump...(seriously you must be on drugs to imagine such creature)

A chicken with a lizard body and tail...Although it reminds scavenger and fire lizards at the same time, the combination is really hilarious...

And aggressive monkey/baboon...no comments on this.

EDIT: Human models look much better now...Closer to reality this time. Not cartoon like.
    Demonium ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Naah, I like 'em. Ok maybe not the fish-spider legged creature (I just DON'T wanna know how that thing moves) .

The rest of them look fine to me, maybe some updated more detail textures would work pretty well.
    Lazor ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Warrior
    The rooster head seems like a cockatrice by definition, or so I think.

Good news altogether, though I am not really fascinated about the angler piranha fish.
    Talek ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    simultaneous PC and console development to ensure all versions of the game are created in lockstep
    "lockstep"
    Sad but true.

12. #12 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    a fish with spider legs and an antenna on its head with a lump...(seriously you must be on drugs to imagine such creature)
    Depends a little on the location it's in. If it hides in a dark foggy swamp (maybe only comes out at night), it wouldn't be to different from a fish similar to it.
    The leg anatomy is a bit strange though, but maybe some insects have this. After all it wouldn't be the first time giant insectslike features are seen in a game, and something that is not very realistic for large sizes (due to gravity).

Zitat Zitat von Demonium Beitrag anzeigen
    A chicken with a lizard body and tail...Although it reminds scavenger and fire lizards at the same time, the combination is really hilarious...
    The scavenger and this new one both share a strong resemblance to the terror birds. However the terror birds did have feathers though. This new "terror bird" actually looks like a predator though. There were dinosaurs that had a similar anatomy, and I don't see why an evolution towards the terror bird look, only without the feathers is unrealistic. After all, the terror birds have dominated most of the post dinosaur era in America.

And aggressive monkey/baboon...no comments on this.
    Reminds me a little of a hybrid of Orangutangs and baboons. The limbs looks like that of a tree climber like the orangutang.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    Mandrill they call it (it's not a baboon), there's absolutely no doubt they got inspired by it. I mean what other primate has red-blue painted snout?
    Lazor ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    What's with the razor sharp shadows? Inspired by ArcaniA?

Zitat Zitat von nirolF Beitrag anzeigen
    when was that?
    I suppose they may have shown a few videos at the GDC.

EDIT:
    BAD NEWS

The combat's changing around too. Gone are bows and arrows, replaced by firearms. Throughout the journey you'll get access to pistols, rifles, shotguns and even cannon.
    Bold#1: I hope that the previewer only says this because he wasn't shown any bows, not because there aren't any bows and arrows in the game. Though this sentence does strike me as downright scary.

Bold#2: I think we can safely assume that the previewer doesn't know the difference between a musket and a rifle or a blunderbuss and a shotgun. I hope so anyway.
    My skin for Opera Web Browser.[Bild: tOC_sig1.jpg]
    Nisarg ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von UrukGox
    Recognizable G1, 2 style ... I like it!

...monkey for the enemy ... pretty bold ... for AI.
    Zitat Zitat von Lazor Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok maybe not the fish-spider legged creature (I just DON'T wanna know how that thing moves) .
    These are the legs as the grasshopper... I think they have a good jump attack ...
    UrukGox ist offline Geändert von UrukGox (03.03.2011 um 09:01 Uhr)

16. #16 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Well, I like what I see: the graphics look very gothic-ish (reminds me A LOT of G2), the chracter models especially, and the news on the armor system made me happy.

I wonder if the environment will stand up to the Arcania enivronement realism while keeping the awesome, incredible, perfect, magnificent game-design of Risen1.
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von warstrike
    omg i love the setting ! It was time for something new from PB ! Still ,i think it`s too much the pistols and shotguns....it depends if well implemented it could turn all right ,but i smell some disaster
    Anyway let`s just wait for more info about the game and maybe they`ll release a demo before...I`m can`t wait to play the game
    warstrike ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    But I still want my grainy soft shadows from Risen 1.

And my bow and arrows.
    Nisarg ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    I had no problem with arms being put into the setting, but the lack of bows/crossbows seems kinda illogical indeed.
    Powaz ist offline

20. #20 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    We can only hope that the previewer wrote that there are no bows when he should have written that he hadn't seen any bows.
    Nisarg ist offline

Seite 1 von 9 123458 ... Letzte »