Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 23
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Mod-Starter Project  Avatar von LordOfWAR

LordOfWAR ist offline

rolleyes [Ar] Extracting Arcania-demo resources

Hello all . I can't find same thread, so I decided to make new one.

At this moment, there is only two programs which can extract some of Arcania paks - QuickBMS and official SBPacker utility which everyone can find after unpacking basedata.pak file using QuickBMS . But only official program can extract the files with saving original folders structure. SBPacker - command line utility, for which I am made small GUI. It will help you to extract and to make new paks by clicking few buttons :

Here you can download GUI - http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file...PAK_Worker.rar

Note : GUI will works only after you will copy sbpacker.exe into Tools folder. I am not include it in this archive, because I don't know will be it legal or not... But you can get this file after unpacking "...\ArcaniA - Gothic 4 Demo\data\basedata.pak" with this utility - QuickBMS.

Here is small instruction :

1. Download utility from off site
    2. Download bms script for demo/EFIGS version, for russian full version or for PL/HU/CZ full version.
    3. Launch QuickBMS and it will ask for first file - you must select recently downloaded bms. Then it will ask for second file - file what we whant to extract. We must select basedata.pak . If it will say that there is many files which can replace each other, just press "a" - replace all.
    4. After this, in extracted folder we will have SBPacker.exe which we can use for extracting paks and which is needed for my GUI... (Note - now if you will try to extract same basedata.pak, you will see all folders, sub-folders and so on - files structure will be saved).

I hope that this instruction is not complicated (If that's will be a problem, I can send this file via PM... ). After (If) it will be allowed by Jowood, then I will reupload archive of my GUI with this file...
    #Stand With Ukraine
    Geändert von LordOfWAR (16.10.2010 um 17:52 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Retro Micky Avatar von Blue Force

Blue Force ist offline
    great work
    if you agree I can translate your post to german and post it also in the german forum ?
    Because there are many who might like this very much
    1 2 3 4 5

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

LordOfWAR ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Blue Force Beitrag anzeigen
    great work
    if you agree I can translate your post to german and post it also in the german forum ?
    Because there are many who might like this very much
    Ok, but I already posted it in german section ...

By the way, user Pap wrote in russian section that there is a way to extract only SBPacker.exe from basedata.pak using QuickBMS with this command :

Zitat Zitat von Pap Beitrag anzeigen
    quickbms.exe -f "sbpacker.exe" arcania.bms basedata.pak .
    "." in the end is necessary .
    #Stand With Ukraine

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Retro Micky Avatar von Blue Force

Blue Force ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von LordOfWAR Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, but I already posted it in german section ...

By the way, user Pap wrote in russian section that there is a way to extract only SBPacker.exe from basedata.pak using QuickBMS with this command :

"." in the end is necessary .
    ok I did it
    ... and added pap's hint and that data0.pak cannot be unpacked.
    1 2 3 4 5

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ranger Avatar von ThePredator

ThePredator ist offline
    first of all, great work LordOfWar!

I installed your utility but i ran into a problem. I tried to 'unpak' the music.pak Arcania data file. The problem is that now i have a folder with 90 files, audio_streaming_chunk_0.pak to audio_streaming_chunk_89.pak. If i try to unpack these as well, some empty new folders will appear.

Any idea why?

I thought that by unpaking the music.pak file i'll get some .ogg sounds or smth.
    O.o

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von ThePredator Beitrag anzeigen
    If i try to unpack these as well, some empty new folders will appear.
    These paks are different from the previous paks.

Zitat Zitat von ThePredator Beitrag anzeigen
    I thought that by unpaking the music.pak file i'll get some .ogg sounds or smth.
    Nope, SB choose to use a different format for music, or perhaps audio_streaming_chunk_*.pak files are an intermediary format.

Update: For a tool to extract the music, look here:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...&#post14070526
    Geändert von Larisa (30.09.2010 um 19:33 Uhr) Grund: double post

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ranger Avatar von ThePredator

ThePredator ist offline
    you are most cool. 23 6-min-length ambiental sounds/songs.
    Thank you kindly!

later edit: might be just me but the songs are closer to DAO soundtrack than Gothic...i miss those composed by Kai Rosenkranz ...
    O.o
    Geändert von ThePredator (29.09.2010 um 21:12 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

LordOfWAR ist offline
    Ok, here it is - almost full pack of tools to edit Arcania in-game texts in one program from me and Looker :

(You can convert only in-game texts files which is located in ...\text(s) folders)

Download : - ArConv.2.rar (WOP-link) .

Why it is needed to use converter to edit in-game texts : if you already extracted Arcania resources, then you probably know, that all Arcania in-game texts stored in xml and bin files. But game use only bin, so if you will want to change some text, changing only XML files will not give you no any results. With this program, it will be very easy to convert XML files into CSV text format, which you can edit in every programs like MS Excel. After that you will be able to convert CSV into XML back and compile your new XML into BIN.

If you want to edit some in-game texts, first of all you must edit XML and then convert it into BIN. With this version of our convertation tool you will be able to :

• Convert XML files into most useful - CSV (it is easy to edit it in the programs like Excel. I hope that all who recently converted Risen texts will understand all what is needed )

• After you will change some text in CSV file, it is needed to convert it back into - XML.

• You also can edit XML files directly without converting, using our integrated small XML Editor. It have only standard possibilities. You can open XML editor by pressing on first menu button.

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

• After you will edit needed text in XML, you must convert our new file into BIN. For that, you can use XML-->BIN convertation option (But it can't be used for g4_inputs, g4_menues, g4_tooltips files. Their content is the same and you must use MENU --> BIN convertation option to convert them).

Note : If you want change some menu texts, then you can edit only g4_menues file (I don't know why others two files have same content).

• Also there was added few direct convertation options (for example CSV-->BIN ) which includes others convertations methods to making this process more easy.

• In this version, it is possible to convert all XML files into BIN.

__

Recommendations :

• It is better to leave field - "destination file" empty in most cases. If it will be empty, then program will proceed all filenames automatically and result files will be stored in the created folders - csv,xml or bin.

• As you can see, there is also "CheckBox" option - "Convert all files with the same ext in the folder". If it will be enabled, all files with the same extension will be converted (using selected method) and saved in one of needed sub-folders (csv,xml or bin). For example if we will select dialogs file - "\data_test_lvl69\texts\g4_dialogs.en", with option XML-->CSV convertation, then if CheckBox was checked - others files will be processed too :

• g4_actor_tooltip.en
      • g4_dialogs.en
      • g4_entities.en
      • g4_quests.en

And we will have csv sub-folder with converted files :

• g4_actor_tooltip.en.csv
      • g4_dialogs.en.csv
      • g4_entities.en.csv
      • g4_quests.en.csv

#Stand With Ukraine
    Geändert von LordOfWAR (15.02.2011 um 15:36 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Neuling

Venushja ist offline
    Hello ... It would be some way to wrap things up just a file? and existing ones would be overwriting what was there? Thank you very much for your answer ... (Sorry my English is wrong)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

LordOfWAR ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Venushja Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello ... It would be some way to wrap things up just a file? and existing ones would be overwriting what was there? Thank you very much for your answer ... (Sorry my English is wrong)
    Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean...
    #Stand With Ukraine

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Neuling

Venushja ist offline
    Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean...
    Well, I write it like this ....
    I say 3 files and instead I unwrapped and then packed with new souborama so that the program and just let the files be packed directly into it .... Without extracting the file ...

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

LordOfWAR ist offline
    Well, I write it like this ....
    I say 3 files and instead I unwrapped and then packed with new souborama so that the program and just let the files be packed directly into it .... Without extracting the file ...
    Still don't understand... write more detailed in your own language... I will try to translate it using google...

EDIT for all: I am update my program few days ago to support different pak locales. Check first post.
    #Stand With Ukraine

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Neuling

Venushja ist offline
    Still don't understand... write more detailed in your own language... I will try to translate it using google...

EDIT for all: I am update my program few days ago to support different pak locales. Check first post.
    Okey .... No myslel jsem tím že jestli by šel nějak udelat script kterej by zabalil jenom některé soubory a ty stávající co by byly stejné by se v tom *.pak přepsaly ... Takže mám soubor *.pak pustim script vyberu soubor s příponou .pak a ono by mě to tam přidalo soubory co bych označil a v tom *.pak souboru by se přepsaly .... Czech Language

Edit : Pokud se můžu zeptat jak je dělaný ten nový program na tu lokalizaci ? Předtím mě to nešlo SBPackerem otevřít a teďka jo čím to je ?

Edit2 : Nevite nahodou jak otevřít soubor Data0.pak ?
    Geändert von Venushja (16.10.2010 um 19:54 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Schwertmeister Avatar von bigsnappy

bigsnappy ist offline

Just a hint: You could have also asked him to immediately add the google translation to his post. It saves you a minute, and we are all able to help you understand him
    Everything is relative... until it bites.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Edit2 : Nevite nahodou jak otevřít soubor Data0.pak ?
    To open data0.pak, which is encrypted, you need the Arcania-DataDump tool:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...php?p=14073254

As for the rest, Google translate did a poor job, so I still have no idea what exactly you want.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Rookie

Adraeus ist offline
    Ok, here it is - almost full pack of tools to edit Arcania in-game texts in one program from me and Looker
    Could you update your tool to work with other XML files, especially MANIFEST.XML? You can edit the manifest XML source to modify items, NPCs, enemies, recipes, spells, etc., but I believe it needs to be converted to BIN in order to override the precompiled default MANIFEST.BIN.

Also, in the retail version of the game, the localization/text files do not have corresponding XML sources. They are precompiled BINs. Do you think it is possible to convert BIN to XML or BIN to CSV?

And, XML files like difficultysettings.xml under /raw/data0/configuration can be placed in /Data/configuration. The folders work as override directories. These and similar files do not need to be converted to BIN.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Neuling

Venushja ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    To open data0.pak, which is encrypted, you need the Arcania-DataDump tool:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...php?p=14073254

As for the rest, Google translate did a poor job, so I still have no idea what exactly you want.
    DataDump report Virus :-( I have a Eset :-(
    Edit : We could not do otherwise than through the DataDump? be Script ?
    Geändert von Venushja (17.10.2010 um 08:54 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    DataDump report Virus :-( I have a Eset :-(
    If you downloaded the file from the link I gave you, it's most probably a false positive: your antivirus is mistaken. Try to disable the antivirus while you download and use that file then enable it again.
    No other way as far as I know.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Neuling

Venushja ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    If you downloaded the file from the link I gave you, it's most probably a false positive: your antivirus is mistaken. Try to disable the antivirus while you download and use that file then enable it again.
    No other way as far as I know.
    Absolutely not, but it does not work :-( I would go on to write a script like the other files?

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »