Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 15 von 21 « Erste ... 48111213141516171819 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 281 bis 300 von 401
    Knight
    Quy, i'm getting a feeling that, atleast from pics, that blooms is too strong, would it be possible to reduce it? It has that oblivion effect, when lighting and color just looks too saturated and unnatural therefor. Also, if i may ask, why is it that many game devs uses so strong bloom, when it doesn't look too natural?

tnx, and besides that, great work so far!
    Zocky ist offline

Just arrived
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but will there be a game editor (á la Morrowind) available for Risen? The game is looking extremely promising, and such a feature would really be the icing on the cake
    unikus ist offline

Knight Commander Avatar von Bamfy
    Zitat Zitat von unikus Beitrag anzeigen
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but will there be a game editor (á la Morrowind) available for Risen? The game is looking extremely promising, and such a feature would really be the icing on the cake
    Sorry,but there won't be any game editor.Not when the game will be released in any case.
    Edit:
    http://www.worldofrisen.de/images/ga...3dd71d7845.jpg It looks great but IMO that dude is like a light in the dark.I mean,that place looks dangerous and darker,but although there is no sun,the guy is bright.
    I hate that the game has so much lighting.Could you guys please at least make there an option where we can turn off the lighting?(sorry,I don't know which is the term for it but I guess you know what I mean.)
    I ain't the first to complain about it and don't think I`m the last.(only if you`re answer will be positive)
    Bamfy ist offline Geändert von Bamfy (23.05.2009 um 14:03 Uhr)

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Are you still working to the human body models?

[No offense, but the women seems to have no sex appeal :P Those from Gothic 2 were more sexy]
    catalinux ist offline

Waldläufer Avatar von iab

1. apart from the hero can learn and perform special moves, can NPCs use special moves (according to their fighting talent)?

2. why the majority of the city guards tends to use staff weapon, rather than using sword?

3. if i may ask a bit deeper, does that mean as a member of the inquisition, we cannot master the art of sword fighting? this would be a pity for the king.

4. i'm curious to know what will happen when someone tries to kill a chicken with a melee weapon. will this time he also just "strike the air" and then chicken "fly high into the air"?
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (26.05.2009 um 09:03 Uhr)

Knight Commander Avatar von Demonium
    Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    Sorry,but there won't be any game editor.Not when the game will be released in any case.
    Edit:
    http://www.worldofrisen.de/images/ga...3dd71d7845.jpg It looks great but IMO that dude is like a light in the dark.I mean,that place looks dangerous and darker,but although there is no sun,the guy is bright.
    I hate that the game has so much lighting.Could you guys please at least make there an option where we can turn off the lighting?(sorry,I don't know which is the term for it but I guess you know what I mean.)
    I ain't the first to complain about it and don't think I`m the last.(only if you`re answer will be positive)
    perhaps there is self Illumination on the human NPC, or there are not any specular maps i guess to arrange what body parts will be lightened mostly and less...

I am not impressed at all with the skin shaders and the reflection of the metal surfaces...They look too fake an plastic again imo...
    Demonium ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Hello everyone,

yesterday I was sick, so I'll catch up with the answers today.

Zitat Zitat von Raul48 Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm sorry if there's already no sense asking questions regarding combat system, but here's it is:

Will hero's actions be easily interruptable (G1, G3)? That was the key difference (which I disliked) for me in combat sys in mentioned parts from Gothic II one. In G2 all humanoid characters (people, skeletons) that have same attack and casting animations between selves aren't interrupted by getting struck, while animals and demonic creatures (whose attacks could be much more swift and deadly) are, what is pretty honest to my opinion. Thanks.
    We have a new combat system, that feels different from the Gothic games, especially the fightings against the humans. I have to ask you to wait until you can play it on your own. After that I would like to hear your opinion about the interruptions during a combat in Risen.

Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    Quy, i'm getting a feeling that, atleast from pics, that blooms is too strong, would it be possible to reduce it? It has that oblivion effect, when lighting and color just looks too saturated and unnatural therefor. Also, if i may ask, why is it that many game devs uses so strong bloom, when it doesn't look too natural?

tnx, and besides that, great work so far!
    In the actual version, the bloom is already decreased a little bit.
    Why many game devs uses strong bloom/HDR? If I had to guess, it is the choice of a better look, at the expense of naturalness/realism.

Zitat Zitat von Bamfy Beitrag anzeigen
    Edit:
    I know that guy/NPC and his location. So I know why he looks so bright: it is because there is a campfire (reddish yellow light) which lighten the scene and isn't visible in the screenshot.

Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen

1. apart from the hero can learn and perform special moves, can NPCs use special moves (according to their fighting talent)?

2. why the majority of the city guards tends to use staff weapon, rather than using sword?

3. if i may ask a bit deeper, does that mean as a member of the inquisition, we cannot master the art of sword fighting? this would be a pity for the king.

4. i'm curious to know what will happen when someone tries to kill a chicken with a melee weapon. will this time he also just "strike the air" and then chicken "fly high into the air"?
    1. The NPCs has the some moves like the player (as you said: according to their fighting talent).
    2. You mean the members of the inquisition. Yes they all fight with staff weapons, because it is a part of their training. The harbour town - guards for example using their swords.
    3. In Risen you have the choice with which weapon you want to fight. As I told you in my second point, in the drill of the inquisition you will learn to fight with the staff. Apart from that it is your decision where you want to invest you skill points. So, yes it is possible to master the sword fight as a member of the inquisition. But don't expect to find the trainer there.
    4. No this won't happen. Even though I would find this funny.

Kind regards,

Quy
    Quy ist offline

Knight Avatar von catalinux
    Hy Quy! Can we smoke weed in Risen? Roll some stalks?
    catalinux ist offline

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello everyone,

yesterday I was sick, so I'll catch up with the answers today.
    i was also sick, a fever, 103°F, and i could do nothing but lying in bed and asking questions
    Edit: not AH1N1 flu!

thank you Quy, hope you get well soon!
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (26.05.2009 um 12:39 Uhr)

Piranha Bytes Avatar von PB_Harry
    Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    In the demo of the RPC you were able to smoke some stuff. Dunno if it was weed (love to have some "sumpfkraut" (maybe swamp-herb in the english version *g*) back in the game) ... at the stadium of the rpc demo there were no sideeffects and no smoke implemented (and I'm damn sure that we'll have these things in the final version)
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

Neuling
    Zitat Zitat von Ralf Beitrag anzeigen
    1) Selfmade Engine.
    2) Since we seem to have enough time to get the bugs out- let´s hope we will find them all.
    3) PB Games have a certain style. Regardless, which Tech-Base is used. This is a concious decission, and I, as the AD have to keep an Eye out, so it doesn´t look too realistic.
    Only one question:
    No oblivion loading bars, right?

I don't know about Oblivion, but I don't mind some loading bars in GI's style... Like going to the Old Mine and the such. If it improves performance by a lot, I think it's worth it.

A question about GIII then.
    Would having put Varant, Myrtana and Nordmar in three different loading zones have improved the performance a lot ?
    Pladio ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Pladio Beitrag anzeigen
    A question about GIII then.
    Would having put Varant, Myrtana and Nordmar in three different loading zones have improved the performance a lot ?
    Who knows? We'll not go down that narrow path and engage in idle speculation about what could have been since no one is using G3's engine for new games.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Is it possible to blackjack or backstab an opponent in Risen? Too much Thief for me
    Powaz ist offline

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Is it possible to blackjack or backstab an opponent in Risen? Too much Thief for me
    What is "to blackjack someone"?
    I know the card game, but that's neither included nor probably meant by you.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Blackjack a baton, a small club with which you can knock your opponents from behind. Garrett from the Thief series carries one. I meant "to knock down somebody from behind".
    Powaz ist offline Geändert von Powaz (27.05.2009 um 07:59 Uhr)

Knight Avatar von vivaxardas
    I just received Official XBox Magazine (US). There is a short preview of Risen there - 2/3 of a page. PB as a developer is not even mentioned. Risen is presented as an indie project, sort of an experiment of some new developer. They mention Two Worlds as a comparison, and it is not cool, you know. I wouldn't run to buy Risen if it were the only info I got about it. The same magazine has long articles about Assassin's Creed II, Volverine, Ghostbusters, and other US games.

My question: Are you going to advertise Risen? What will be you marketing strategy in USA? Right now it seems Risen is set to be a market failure.
    SKEPTICISM IS A VIRTUE!

Лидия: Любимый, я беременна!
    Я: ФУС-РО-ДА!!!!
    vivaxardas ist offline Geändert von vivaxardas (30.05.2009 um 18:09 Uhr)

Will we see Risen on E3 this year?
    Powaz ist offline

Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Hello everyone,

we had a long, wonderful sunny weekend (including a holiday). I hope yours was great too.

Zitat Zitat von catalinux Beitrag anzeigen
    Zitat Zitat von OnKeLDead Beitrag anzeigen
    In the demo of the RPC you were able to smoke some stuff. Dunno if it was weed (love to have some "sumpfkraut" (maybe swamp-herb in the english version *g*) back in the game) ... at the stadium of the rpc demo there were no sideeffects and no smoke implemented (and I'm damn sure that we'll have these things in the final version)
    Yes you can smoke some dried stuff. And OnKeLDead is right, smoke is already implemented in the actual version.

I like to 'blackjack' enemies in games too. But no, this isn't a feature of Risen. The game is not designed for 'blackjacking', so if we would implemented it without big changes in our fight and sneak system, it would be too easy to exploit this feature.

Zitat Zitat von vivaxardas Beitrag anzeigen
    I just received Official XBox Magazine (US). There is a short preview of Risen there - 2/3 of a page. PB as a developer is not even mentioned. Risen is presented as an indie project, sort of an experiment of some new developer. They mention Two Worlds as a comparison, and it is not cool, you know. I wouldn't run to buy Risen if it were the only info I got about it. The same magazine has long articles about Assassin's Creed II, Volverine, Ghostbusters, and other US games.

My question: Are you going to advertise Risen? What will be you marketing strategy in USA? Right now it seems Risen is set to be a market failure.
    I understand what you mean. Of course I would prefer to see only Risen articles over several pages, but I think it is not possible every time. But I can't give you any informations about the marketing strategy in the USA. Please ask our publisher Deep Silver, they do the marketing.

Will we see Risen on E3 this year?
    Maybe behind closed doors, but not public.

Zitat Zitat von iab Beitrag anzeigen
    i was also sick, a fever, 103°F, and i could do nothing but lying in bed and asking questions
    Edit: not AH1N1 flu!

thank you Quy, hope you get well soon!
    Haha yes the flu was my first thought too. By now I am healthy again (except my sour muscles - all of them ^^), Thank you for your wishes.

Have a nice week.

Best regards,

Quy
    Quy ist offline

Rookie
    Hello Quy,

I have a question about the PC interface :
    Is there a key that you strike once to keep walking like in Oblivion, or we have to keep pressing the "forward" key like in G3 ?
    I got cramps to my "forward" finger while playing G3.
    thorskin ist offline

Piranha Bytes Avatar von PB_Harry
    Zitat Zitat von thorskin Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello Quy,

I have a question about the PC interface :
    Is there a key that you strike once to keep walking like in Oblivion, or we have to keep pressing the "forward" key like in G3 ?
    I got cramps to my "forward" finger while playing G3.
    Hello Thorskin,

I guess the PBs didn't change the movement-system fundamentally which was already playable in the RPC demo, so I think I can give you the answer:

It's a usual WASD system, (If you prefer the arrow keys, you can use them instead) and you have to hold one of the keys as long as you want to walk in the direction of your choice. This is a good solution and my fingers never got tired, so basically, train your fingers and everything will be alright
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline

Seite 15 von 21 « Erste ... 48111213141516171819 ... Letzte »