Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 20 von 21 « Erste ... 913161718192021 Letzte »
Ergebnis 381 bis 400 von 407
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Quy
    Good morning!

Zitat Zitat von diego_pmc Beitrag anzeigen
    But didn't you (maybe Ralf) say that you used the concepts you already started working on that were originally intended for Gothics 4 and then modified them for Risen?
    It must have been Ralf who wrote that. I am sorry, but I need a quote from him to know what he was writing about.

Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Will Risen feature a bigger beastiary?
    Risen? I think you are asking about RPB II? ^^
    I don't believe you expect an answer here. I don't know it yet, but it could be possible to see one or two more creatures in RPB II.

Zitat Zitat von Vontrippen Beitrag anzeigen
    I have onnly one question:

The textures patch for the xbox version of the game when can we have??
    We are not responsible for the Xbox 360 Version and I really don't know the answer.

Zitat Zitat von Mynden Beitrag anzeigen
    I would like to say thank you to PB for the games they made, and i was very happy to see how Risen was so like the original gothic 1 and 2 games. It was the good old feeling of playing a true PB rpg again

That being said i would buy in a heartbeat a remake of the gothic I game, the history is so good and characterful, but the game is getting older and i have problems running it with modern computers. Just a suggestion that i am sure have been said many other times.

I don´t have any questions, just wanted to leave a comment. I wish you guys the best of luck and i am looking forward to your next project!
    I'm glad to hear that.
    I don't know if we'll ever see a remake of Gothic 1 – made by Piranha Bytes.
    But I hope you'll also like our next game.

CU

Quy
    PB 3D-Artist
    Quy ist offline

Veteran Avatar von vic1968
    Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't know it yet, but it could be possible to see one or two more creatures in RPB II.
    So, this means that RPB II will be a medieval RPG?
    vic1968 ist offline

Zitat Zitat von vic1968 Beitrag anzeigen
    So, this means that RPB II will be a medieval RPG?

So aliens and mutants don't belong to the category of creatures?
    PB 3D-Artist
    Quy ist offline

Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von Quy Beitrag anzeigen
    So aliens and mutants don't belong to the category of creatures?
    Well, zombies are kinda mutants, so here is the question:

Will you bring the good old zombies back?
    For the most recent Elex news, the new Piranha Bytes RPG, visit us at World of Elex!!!
    Maladiq ist offline

Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Risen was a really great game, but I want to make a small suggestion. The harbor town quests were amazing, so was the guild system, I'm just gonna quote one review:

The developers tried to make all the factions morally ambiguous, and I think they succeeded. There are no good guys – everyone has his own agenda which he’ll pursuit through any means necessary. The faction exposition is also done in an interesting way – with the inquisition, you’ll first be meeting the ‘good guys’ mostly, but after joining, suddenly you’ll start noticing that something’s not right about them. It’s the other way around for the rebels – if you go to Harbour Town first, instead of the rebel camp, you’ll be meeting the ‘criminal’ part of the organization mostly, and only later you’ll meet their local leader, who seems like a very reasonable chap.
    The only problem with Risen is that you guys drop the faction struggle too fast, let's say in Gothic 2 you really felt that you were a paladin or dragon hunter, because a lot of things were different, even if the core of the main quest was the same. That's what Risen really needed, I hope the next game will improve this.

I remember an old Risen interview of Mike in which he talked about quests. He talked about getting quests in a certain place, after some event you would come back and the place would be destroyed having different quests and so on. I really missed that in Risen.

Could you please show this post to Bjorn and other quest designers?
    Powaz ist offline

Veteran Avatar von Takuu
    Hey Piranhas did you saw the two Ambiance Tech Trailers from Gothic 4? How did you liked the graphics? I think that JoWooD and Spellbound did great job with G4
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded
    Takuu ist offline

Apprentice Avatar von Zorinik
    I quote myself again I just want to know if it is worthwhile to write the screenplay ^^ I already wrote the first 15 pages...

Zitat Zitat von Zorinik Beitrag anzeigen
    "Reputedly: if I wanna write a screenplay for a movie (with real people) about Gothic... how can I have the permit?"

It's intended to be about Gothic 1.
    Zorinik ist offline Geändert von Zorinik (01.04.2010 um 22:20 Uhr)

Knight Avatar von TheDoctor
    Zitat Zitat von Zorinik Beitrag anzeigen
    I quote myself again I just want to know if it is worthwhile to write the screenplay ^^ I already wrote the first 15 pages...
    You do understand that making a movie isn't as easy e-mailing a screenplay to a publisher and have it done with over day? To answer your question: Talk with JoWood, they have got the rights for the Gothic franchise. Good luck..
    My Risen short stories
    Gnork & Blargina part: 1, 2, 3
    An unusual meeting (pdf)
    TheDoctor ist offline

Gothic 3 and Risen had a small problem with models, it was the character faces. They really lacked more details and stronger characterization.

Will the new project have inprovements of faces and models in general?
    Powaz ist offline

Rookie
    Hello everyone!

I have just finished Risen for the third time now and I have to say that it is one of the best RPGs I've ever played...it is a worthy successor of the Gothic series.The game is great but it could have been SO MUCH better basically the game is very good until chapter 3/4.The world could have been a little bigger imo but again congratulations to PB for making this awesome game and congratulations for making Gyrger island so unique( my favorite zone in the game).But enough of that now for some questions

1.Will you make a NotR style addon for Risen?Imo this could be a great way to enhance the gameplay/story or add more memorable characters(Patty is the only character in the game whom you actually form a friendship).
    2.Are you happy with the sales?
    3.Will your future games have a world as big as the Gothic 3 world?(I hope not )
    4.Are you satisfied with Risen so far?
    5.What do you think of the new ArcaniA ambience trailer?Is Gothic 4 in good hands(I personally think that it is but I want to hear the opinion of the original Gothic creators too :P )
    6.How is work going on the new project?
    7.Are you using the Risen engine for the new project?
    8.What is the biggest lesson you have learned from Gothic 3?
    MagicianuL ist offline Geändert von MagicianuL (05.04.2010 um 18:13 Uhr)

Knight
    hello!

Firstly, this will probably be more like suggestion rether then question, but still.

I was thinking the other day. I was always (well, when i was small kid) great fan of stories like Zorro. And i was just thinking, that i might be really interesting, if you could implement a npc like that in R2. I mean, not completely, but just the basic idea. Maybe some old pirate with hidden identity, who liked to help local people and became sort of like a local legend. Someone, who don't really side with anyone, but tries to do what he thinks is correct. If you think about it, we already had something similar in gothic series, the guy called xardas. He wasn't really sided with noone, he only listened to himself and tried to do the best for the people. Well, he wasn't local here, but otherwise, he pretty much fits in the role.
    It doesn't have to be all centered around this guy, but he would be like a strong side quest; maybe he was some kind of pirate, or dunno something, he tried to help people, and for that he became local legend. Now he has sort of problems, and you can help him out. This way, you can have several quest related to him (kinda like that pirate's daughter in Risen1), which would be good because you coulld get to know him more and would be sort of like what diego and others was to you in G series. And for once, it wouldn't be you who would be the hero and someone who people like, but rether someone else. i must admit i don't see this a lot, that a npc would be a real hero, you would just help him out to 'claim back his glory', or how to say(ofcourse, he would be hero for this small town, it's still you who is saving the world :P).
    ofcourse it needs to be done correctly, so that there would be mistery around this person, so that quests would be more interesting.
    I know, i know, too much movies (:P), but think it would be great to have such a memorable side quests. I think this is exactly what R1 was lacking of, side stories. I mean, this is why i like LOTR too; it's not all about the ring, there are whole lot of smaller sidestory, which are almost more interesting then the main plot. But at the end, in enriches the game and makes it more interesting.

Uhm, so, would something like that be altest remotly possible in your next RPG?
    Sorry for long post, but i just really thing side stories like this would make the whole world a lot more interesting.
    Zocky ist offline Geändert von Zocky (05.04.2010 um 20:41 Uhr)

Piranha-Bytes
    Zitat Zitat von Takuu Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey Piranhas did you saw the two Ambiance Tech Trailers from Gothic 4? How did you liked the graphics? I think that JoWooD and Spellbound did great job with G4
    We will not comment on competitors' products.
    Only this:
    Whether Gothic 4 will be good or not will be revealed when the game hits the shelves. Not a minute before. Same as with any other computer game.
    Michael Rüve ist offline

Hello everyone!

Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, zombies are kinda mutants, so here is the question:

Will you bring the good old zombies back?
    No comment.

Could you please show this post to Bjorn and other quest designers?
    I forwarded your post to Bjoern.

Gothic 3 and Risen had a small problem with models, it was the character faces. They really lacked more details and stronger characterization.

Will the new project have inprovements of faces and models in general?
    I'm convienced that our characters will be improved!

Zitat Zitat von MagicianuL Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello everyone!

I have just finished Risen for the third time now and I have to say that it is one of the best RPGs I've ever played...it is a worthy successor of the Gothic series.The game is great but it could have been SO MUCH better basically the game is very good until chapter 3/4.The world could have been a little bigger imo but again congratulations to PB for making this awesome game and congratulations for making Gyrger island so unique( my favorite zone in the game).But enough of that now for some questions

1.Will you make a NotR style addon for Risen?Imo this could be a great way to enhance the gameplay/story or add more memorable characters(Patty is the only character in the game whom you actually form a friendship).
    2.Are you happy with the sales?
    3.Will your future games have a world as big as the Gothic 3 world?(I hope not )
    4.Are you satisfied with Risen so far?
    5.What do you think of the new ArcaniA ambience trailer?Is Gothic 4 in good hands(I personally think that it is but I want to hear the opinion of the original Gothic creators too :P )
    6.How is work going on the new project?
    7.Are you using the Risen engine for the new project?
    8.What is the biggest lesson you have learned from Gothic 3?
    It's great to hear, that you like Risen that much.
    And yes Gyrger Island was one of my favourite locations too.

1. Sorry, I don't reveal anything about our next project. But I can tell you, that our publisher denied an add-on.
    2. To be honest, I don't know anything about our sales. The only sales figure I know, is that we sold 100000 units after a few weeks.
    3. No comment
    4. Yes we are satisfied with Risen. But of course we know that Risen is not perfect and we want to improve our next game.
    5. See Micheal's post.
    6. We have a lot of work to do, but we are satisfied with our progress.
    7. No comment
    8. I can't answer that question, I joined PB after G3.

Zitat Zitat von Zocky Beitrag anzeigen
    hello!

Firstly, this will probably be more like suggestion rether then question, but still.

I was thinking the other day. I was always (well, when i was small kid) great fan of stories like Zorro. And i was just thinking, that i might be really interesting, if you could implement a npc like that in R2. I mean, not completely, but just the basic idea. Maybe some old pirate with hidden identity, who liked to help local people and became sort of like a local legend. Someone, who don't really side with anyone, but tries to do what he thinks is correct. If you think about it, we already had something similar in gothic series, the guy called xardas. He wasn't really sided with noone, he only listened to himself and tried to do the best for the people. Well, he wasn't local here, but otherwise, he pretty much fits in the role.
    It doesn't have to be all centered around this guy, but he would be like a strong side quest; maybe he was some kind of pirate, or dunno something, he tried to help people, and for that he became local legend. Now he has sort of problems, and you can help him out. This way, you can have several quest related to him (kinda like that pirate's daughter in Risen1), which would be good because you coulld get to know him more and would be sort of like what diego and others was to you in G series. And for once, it wouldn't be you who would be the hero and someone who people like, but rether someone else. i must admit i don't see this a lot, that a npc would be a real hero, you would just help him out to 'claim back his glory', or how to say(ofcourse, he would be hero for this small town, it's still you who is saving the world :P).
    ofcourse it needs to be done correctly, so that there would be mistery around this person, so that quests would be more interesting.
    I know, i know, too much movies (:P), but think it would be great to have such a memorable side quests. I think this is exactly what R1 was lacking of, side stories. I mean, this is why i like LOTR too; it's not all about the ring, there are whole lot of smaller sidestory, which are almost more interesting then the main plot. But at the end, in enriches the game and makes it more interesting.

Uhm, so, would something like that be altest remotly possible in your next RPG?
    Sorry for long post, but i just really thing side stories like this would make the whole world a lot more interesting.
    I would like to see such sidestories, that's why I also forwarded your post to Bjoern.

Best regards

Quy
    PB 3D-Artist
    Quy ist offline

Thanks, Quy. Risen was on the right track and I believe you'll improve everything in your new project.
    Powaz ist offline

Knight
    Another question, regarding terrain making process.

Do you make the whole terrain in external app, like 3ds max (atleast i remember that 'dunes' tutorial for g3, and it seems to be made all in 3ds max).
    If that is the case, do you import into engine one huge terrain mesh, or do you break it into several smaller ones? Or do you simply make height map and use height map in your engine to generate terrain (which doesn't seems to be the case).
    Or is there any other way? I don't ask for deep in depth tutorial, but just for couple of words, how you create your terrains, how you deal with huge polycount (most of other games seems to be using height maps, where you have simple polygonal plane, subdivided couple of times, and then you use height map to basicly pull vertecies up or down. This is as i understand, because it's very easy to make lod system for terrain). How do you achive this?

Tnx
    Zocky ist offline

Adventurer Avatar von apocReg
    I have a question

I only played Gothic 3 after Risen which was my First PB game.

I love Risen and I am also LOVING Gothic 3. Just the sheer size of the world, its detailed areas and geography.

That feeling has definitely made it into Risen and is the reason I love it but I almost prefer Gothic 3 because of its size and the variation of the 3 continents.

My question is would it be possible for you as team to make a game as big and varied for the world of Risen or was that over reaching for a team the size of PB and keep the overall quality that Risen has?

p.s. I'm not asking for you to confirm if you are doing something bigger, just if you feel its possible with your team?!
    apocReg ist offline

Warrior
    IMO, big continent size came at the cost of storyline which is what downed G3 (and lots of bugs, gameplay issues etc.).
    Talek ist offline

Adventurer Avatar von apocReg
    I know a lot of people think that but i love it. obviously starting out with a modern rig and CP 1.73 doesnt hurt!
    apocReg ist offline

Warrior
    No, but a game is supposed to be good without a cp (although it is congratulatory when people decide to do it).
    Talek ist offline

Waldläufer Avatar von iab
    Nice beard, Quy.

i've got a question, it is regarding all your possible future products, not RPB2 though.

A chance still exists that you may create spell like Army of Darkness in future?

Army of Darkness is, a very special spell which can yield vast amount of uncertainties. Once you cast it, a chaotic battle will be triggered and no one can tell the very details of what will happen. This alone makes the spell unique and remain one of the two most impressive spells of PB - rain of fire and army of darkness. i understand why you did not implment it in Risen - because of the small size of the world/city/camp and the absolute amount of NPCs and monsters. But let's look into the future, is it possible in future games (not regarding RPB2)?

One more thing, i've a suggestion for rain of fire:

Background: In g3 you may cast it on a large group of NPCs but lots of them will remain unharmed at all when the spell ends, because they do not receive any damage if they are not hit by fire drops. But there is always a great amount of fire burning on the ground, and such fire does not cause any damage, it's unrealistic.

Solution: Make the caster temporarily immortal to fire damage as long as the spell lasts, and make the burning fire on ground cause lasting damage to anyone else within its range. As a result, rain of fire delivers two kinds of damage - 1). fire drop damage, only to those hit by it. 2). burning fire damage, to anyone within range except the caster. In this way the spell possesses both certainty and uncertainty, like army of darkness. The setting, temporarily immortal to fire damage, is acceptable because rain of fire is the highest gift to those who follow the path of fire (of course other damages, like pure magic damage, ice magic damage and melee damage can still hurt the caster).

Apart from that, following upgrade options can be optional:
    duration upgrade,
    area upgrade,
    fire drop density upgrade

Could you forward this post? Thank you.
    iab ist offline Geändert von iab (16.04.2010 um 02:08 Uhr)

Seite 20 von 21 « Erste ... 913161718192021 Letzte »