Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Neuling Avatar von Vetomir
    Hallo everybody!
    We make second inteview, in this time we inquire Community Manager from Deepsilver - Marcos Duarte!

[Bild: 756bcb92962cf05dfdf43f7d80873.jpg]
    ^Marcos^

-------------

1. What will be the currency in the game?

Marcos Duarte: Gold coins

2. Will there be teleporter stones in the game to particular cities? And
    maybe, will you be able to make them yourself?

Marcos Duarte: Yes, there will be teleporter stones to specific locations, but you will
    have to find them yourself.

3. Will there be a journal? What will it look like?

Marcos Duarte: Yes you will have a journal and it will track the progress of your quests.

4. Will the merchants buy everything off you, or just the items that
    they're interested in?

Marcos Duarte: They will buy everything from you as long as he likes you. If you steal
    from him or loose his favour in any other way he will not trade with you
    until you find a way to gain his trust again.

5. How many cities will there be?

Marcos Duarte: Since Risen plays on a small volcanic island there are virtually no cities
    besides the harbour city. However there are also smaller settlements like
    the camp of the bandits in the swamp or the volcanic fortress.

6. In Risen, will there be a material similar to the magic ore?

Marcos Duarte: There will be different types of ore which are needed for blacksmithing as
    well as other materials.

7. In the game, will you be able to learn new skills not just from
    teachers but from other sources aswell? (such as books.)

Marcos Duarte: Temporarily yes, but not permanent. Which means that there is a thing I
    call "power globes" which can give you certain skills for a limited time
    or even once only. But you will not be able to learn those spells
    permanently. This requires the trainer as usual.

8. Will there really be NO gods in the game?

Marcos Duarte: Haha - well that would spoil the story a little bit so I would take it as
    a "maybe"

9. Will there be a weapon or a spell a lot stronger than any other, which
    will be a lot harder to get?

Marcos Duarte: Absolutely. There are always powerfull weapons and spells which are harder
    to get than others and you might only find some of them when you play the
    game several times and in different ways because they are cleverly hidden.

10. In Risen, will the difficulty level be like in the first two games
    from the Gothic series or like in Gothic 3 where you could kill the best
    monster at the start of the game?

Marcos Duarte: You will have different difficult levels in Risen, and you will definately
    NOT be able to kill the hardest monsters right from the beginning.

11. From a lot of different sources, we found out that there won't be a
    lot of spells in Risen. So are we expecting the magic to be like in Fable?
    (In Fable, the magic "levels" increase with the level of skill)

Marcos Duarte: The spells in Risen become more powerfull and have shorter cast times when
    you progress more and more through the game. Risen does only have a few
    offensive spells, but besides this you have a whole lot of other spells
    which are VERY usefull in the game.

12. Will there be more ships that survived the catastrophe?

Marcos Duarte: You ship was the only one crazy enough to not head for the main land, so
    no - your ships was the only one which wrecked on the coast of the island.

13. Will the volcano in the center of the island be opened from the
    begining of the game or will it be more like the Sleeper's temple in
    Gothic 1?

Marcos Duarte: I think that's something you have to find out yourself

14. Could you give the approximate number of the types of beasts that
    there will be in Risen?

Marcos Duarte: Oh my... we never counted them since there are also different types of
    enemies in one species. The humanoid enemies for example do have the same
    fighting skillset as yours and this means that given a range of 10
    different Swordfighting skills you'll end up with 10 differently skilled
    enemies for sword handling alone. Not counting the other weapons. So you
    will fight a big host of different on the island and let me assure you
    that we don't show all of them in the bestiarium on the official website.
    We don't want to spoil the fun of you beeing killed by something hairy
    you've never seen before down in the dungeons

15. Will there be a possibility of improving your weapons or perhaps
    putting a spell on them to improve their abillites?

Marcos Duarte: No. The reason beeing that you then start to lengthen the lifetime of a
    sword by artificial means. You will have to move to better weapons once
    you meet the harder enemies and so you will HAVE to invest your learning
    points into your skillset. If you could overcome this by poisoning or
    enchanting your weapon, you will skip a whole range of newer weapons. On
    the other hand - this is why you're pretty happy in Risen when you find a
    new one

-------------

Cya
    Vetomir ist offline Geändert von Vetomir (26.07.2009 um 15:28 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Nice interview, I liked the part about the "hidden" monsters best Great job
    Maladiq ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Recently playing gothic 2(and using cheats) i noticed almost every NPC was god like.

Hope they don't do this in Risen... I mean farmers knew the 6 magic circles? Had TONS of strength and were level 30?

They should be WEAK and not know any of that crap, it makes no sense
    And a lot of pointless NPCs were invincible(guards)
    KVCC ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Dykunas
    Marcos Duarte: The spells in Risen become more powerfull and have shorter cast times when
    you progress more and more through the game. Risen does only have a few
    offensive spells, but besides this you have a whole lot of other spells
    which are VERY usefull in the game.
    But this is wonderful, i think i have never played an rpg that puts more emphasis on non offensive spells rather than on offensive ones
    Dykunas ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Great interview. God dammit I want to play Risen... *sigh* guess I have to replay Gothic 2 again.
    Powaz ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I know it's a long way for some of you but nonetheless I want to mention that Deep Silver will also be present at the gamescom in Cologne in August. If you can make it, feel free to stop by and play some RISEN on the demo PCs. And maybe you'll run into a Piranha, doberlec, Pixel or a simple WoR member like me.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Warrior
    How do we know it is you we run into?
    Talek ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von Talek Beitrag anzeigen
    How do we know it is you we run into?
    I'm the one who grins like a retard.

Feeling a bit masochistic and want to read more of my diatribes? Check out Foobar's Rantpage.

foobar erklärt die Welt der Informatik: Was ist ein Zeichensatz?Was ist die 32Bit-Grenze?Warum sind Speicheroptimierer Unsinn?Wie teste ich meinen RAM?Was ist HDR?Was ist Tesselation?Warum haben wir ein Urheberrecht?Partitionieren mit MBR oder GPT?Was hat es mit dem m.2-Format auf sich?Warum soll ich meine SSD nicht zum Anschlag befüllen?Wer hat an der MTU gedreht?UEFI oder BIOS Boot?Was muss man über Virenscanner wissen?Defragmentieren sinnvoll?Warum ist bei CCleaner & Co. Vorsicht angesagt?Was hat es mit 4Kn bei Festplatten auf sich?Was ist Bitrot?Was sind die historischen Hintergründe zur (nicht immer optimalen) Sicherheit von Windows?Wie kann ich Datenträger sicher löschen?Was muss ich bzgl. Smartphone-Sicherheit wissen?Warum sind Y-Kabel für USB oft keine gute Idee?Warum sind lange Passwörter besser als komplizierte?Wie funktionieren Tintenstrahldrucker-Düsen?Wie wähle ich eine Linux-Distribution für mich aus?Warum ist Linux sicherer als Windows?Sind statische Entladungen bei Elektronik wirklich ein Problem?Wie repariere ich meinen PC-Lüfter?Was ist die MBR-Lücke?Wie funktioniert eine Quarz-Uhr?Was macht der Init-Prozess unter Linux und wie schlimm ist SystemD?Mainboard-Batterie - wann wechseln?Smartphone ohne Google?
    foobar ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von cifre
    Haha, nice fend.
    You know foobar, everybody wants you to say it. Let me put it directly:
    Which one are you in the pictures!!
    Lo there do I see my father,
    Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers,
    Lo there do I see the line of my people - back to the beginning,
    Lo they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them
    In the halls of Valhalla,
    Where the brave may live... forever.
    cifre ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von cifre Beitrag anzeigen
    Haha, nice fend.
    You know foobar, everybody wants you to say it. Let me put it directly:
    Right you are
    Maladiq ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von cifre Beitrag anzeigen
    As I said: I'm the one who grins like a retard. Arthus waited right until I made that funny face when he hit the trigger of his camera. I bet that was intentional.

foobar ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    As I said: I'm the one who grins like a retard. Arthus waited right until I made that funny face when he hit the trigger of his camera. I bet that was intentional.
    Here he is

http://www.worldofrisen.de/images/ga...73cbce5a61.jpg

The one with the grin
    Maladiq ist offline Geändert von foobar (26.07.2009 um 18:35 Uhr) Grund: Image too large for direct embedding, changed to link

13. #13 Zitieren

Please don't post any pictures of that size directly into the forum. It takes time to load them in which the thread layout is disturbed until finally the plugin kicks in to rescale them. And keep in mind we may have some modem users out there.

foobar ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von cifre
    Please don't post any pictures of that size directly into the forum. It takes time to load them in which the thread layout is disturbed until finally the plugin kicks in to rescale them. And keep in mind we may have some modem users out there.
    indeed!
    Lo there do I see my father,
    Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers,
    Lo there do I see the line of my people - back to the beginning,
    Lo they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them
    In the halls of Valhalla,
    Where the brave may live... forever.
    cifre ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    That guy?
    Kostaz ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq
    Sorry
    Zitat Zitat von Slim Shady Beitrag anzeigen
    That guy?
    Yep, indeed
    Maladiq ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Dykunas
    Looks pretty normal to me, though i always imagined you a bit taller
    Dykunas ist offline

18. #18 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von emperorzorn
    And maybe you'll run into a Piranha, doberlec, Pixel or a simple WoR member like me.
    Oh oh...
    emperorzorn ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Piranha Bytes Avatar von PB_Harry
    I'm the one who grins like a retard.
    Don't be too hard on yourself mate It's just one pic showing you in this unfortunate position I'm lucky enough doberlec is standing right in front of me, hähä
    ...da ist die Kuh erstmal vom Eis! - and that's the sound you hear when you really like a girl and find out she has a kid (by Strogenforcer)

Want to know how to break up with your girlfriend? Learn from Mastermind Jon Lajoie. Also if you want to compete with me, find me on the Battlefield . Bro, do u even praise the sun?

Visit our facebook page and get 1.000.000 liters of beer for free!!!111elf (Sorry folks just kidding)
    PB_Harry ist offline