PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [G2] Returning mod

CrashMorraKan
20.05.2011, 16:51
can anyone of you give me the latest version of gothic 2 addon returning mod link? or gothic 2 возвращение i can't seem to find it... nor i know if there was any bug fixes so direct link to latest version would be much appreciated.:gratz

Eiskönig
21.05.2011, 17:23
can anyone of you give me the latest version of gothic 2 addon returning mod link? or gothic 2 возвращение i can't seem to find it... nor i know if there was any bug fixes so direct link to latest version would be much appreciated.:gratz

In the startpost of the translation project in the german forum are several links.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=15856150&#post15856150

You have to install first the version 1.0 and then 1.1 on it.

ApocaliptioGod
22.05.2011, 19:17
there is an english version of 1.1 , witch is pretty bad ,but still i managed to finish the game ^^

And here you go:

1.0 Version http://depositfiles.com/en/files/sshmlfows

1.1 Version http://depositfiles.com/ru/files/5o2fufz9r

and here is the "translation" ...some kind of english. http://www.sendspace.com/file/nnohxn

If you need any help with any quest or if you feel you miss something just write-it down here...

CrashMorraKan
22.05.2011, 19:28
there is an english version of 1.1 , witch is pretty bad ,but still i managed to finish the game ^^

why is it bad? bugs/lags? game breaks or something?
but it's okay i freely speak russian and read slowly but i manage to read at least 50-70% of the text/subtitles so i mostly use the dairy.

CrashMorraKan
22.05.2011, 19:29
thank you both for your help! you are awesome :gratz:gratz:gratz

ApocaliptioGod
22.05.2011, 19:39
why is it bad? bugs/lags? game breaks or something?
but it's okay i freely speak russian and read slowly but i manage to read at least 50-70% of the text/subtitles so i mostly use the dairy.

I just loved the game ....is just incredible hard , on your first playtrought you'll go insane ...there are just to many quests , new guilds to complete .

Lags ...yeah a little bit , when you'll go later in the game when are about 10000000 orcs in one place , but nothing grave.
Bugs...nope , nothing major.

I'm just gonna give you some hints :
Play the game as a Brotherhood meber ...it's the hardest but the most beautifull way.
Dont join any guild untill you finish the quests for all of them.

I've actually finished it 2 times , first time 130 h. (WITH massive marvin use for travaling) , This mod doubles the size of the world .

CrashMorraKan
22.05.2011, 20:25
what about this Hotfix?
HotFix v08 for v1.1
is it working 100% with only russian version 1.1?

CrashMorraKan
22.05.2011, 20:28
I just loved the game ....is just incredible hard , on your first playtrought you'll go insane ...there are just to many quests , new guilds to complete .

Lags ...yeah a little bit , when you'll go later in the game when are about 10000000 orcs in one place , but nothing grave.
Bugs...nope , nothing major.

I'm just gonna give you some hints :
Play the game as a Brotherhood meber ...it's the hardest but the most beautifull way.
Dont join any guild untill you finish the quests for all of them.

I've actually finished it 2 times , first time 130 h. (WITH massive marvin use for travaling) , This mod doubles the size of the world .
thanks for your help and hints bro.
i finished gothic 1 dark mysteries and Golden Mod which were also hard and very long i sure i manage, i just gonna test everything my self just like i do with every blind gothic game or mod. alot of saves and loads lol

Eiskönig
23.05.2011, 00:05
what about this Hotfix?
HotFix v08 for v1.1
is it working 100% with only russian version 1.1?

The Hotfix is made from the german translation team to fix some bugs are still in Version 1.1.
There is a version of the Hotfix if you play Returning in russian and a version if you play with the pseudoenglishpatch (PEP).
For your information I have translated the changelog of the Hotfix with the googletranslator:

Edit: but i am not informed, if the Hotfix also works with english or russion version of G2notr !

Übersetzung von Deutsch nach Englisch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HotFix_v08 for AddOn RETURNING v1.1

The HotFix_v08 include any changes to prior versions.

The timestamp has been set to 31/01/2012. Returning at installations that are made after that date it is ineffective.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A. Installing the patch

The file "RETURNING_mod_v1.1_Hotfix_08.mod" in the ". \ Gothic II \ Data \ modvdf" Copy.

The file ". \ Gothic II \ System \ RETURNING_mod.ini" in a text editor, and enter in line 73 the patch.
This line should now look like this:

"VDF = RETURNING_mod.mod"

Upon entering there must be the following (without the quotes):

"VDF = RETURNING_mod.mod RETURNING_mod_v1.1_Hotfix_08.mod"

Be very careful that "EXACTLY" are 2 spaces between the two mod file name.

If visited an old version of HotFix is ​​entered there, then you need only the file name be changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B. Changelog
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now fixed in v08:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I. Bugs
- The switch in Orkcemetery can now be as many times, so there are no more problems when they have already raised before the required items in the inventory had. (FIX is only effective if they had not yet entered the Orkcemetery before you install the hotfix because the relevant information will be recorded in the memory state)
- The empty bottle of poison in the murder investigation into Ignaz, can not be destroyed by use.
- If you have promised to help him Constantino, is now obtained from the guards at citygate the information provided,
- Benchel dives for the merchant guild Quest again and again (when a NPC is dead) at the crossroads next to Orlan's tavern, but now goes correctly to Coragon's Pub, and will remain there permanently
- As soon as Lester Xardas tower rests, is the quest "Black Weiser" available to him now.
- Torlof is now accessible as a replacement captain for the trip to the mainland for disposal, if the pirates have not mitgemischt in the great battle.
- The package of Fisk for Ratfort is not destroyed by use in the inventory. To end the quest but now you have to have the package in the inventory and it is then also passed to Ratfort.
- The presence of the required amount of light Erzrüstung black ore is now being tested on the anvil properly.
II Schönheits-/Logikfixe
- Is concerned about the poison bottle, the one Constantino after the handover removed from his inventory so that you can not buy it back. (In which case, logically, the poisoning of Ignaz would not even possible)
- "Awaken the eye of the Corn" The option (Azgalorquest) is no longer in all submenus of the alchemy table exists, but like "The Eye Innos charge" only in the main menu.
- At the spell of energy transfer from the 4 elements of the sword from black ore, you need to Pyrokar now just wait a day instead of three. (There is at this time to do anyway, usually nothing more)
- For the second Necromantenquest it has been possible when Gallahad has said that it was sent by Xardas what one was supposed to conceal important, but still choose the correct dialogue option, and thus to avoid the failure. Well finished Gallahad the call for this information correctly, and the second dialogue option is therefore no longer available.

now fixed in V07:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I. Bugs
- Scatty & Thorus bug Kap7
- Ansprechreihenfolge of Scatty, Thorus Cavalorn and now no matter
- Scatty Thorus and now stay at Onar's farm (only effective if the patch has been used in a score before the start of Chapter 5)
- Guild-specific rewards now works with delivery of the Necronomicon
- Stuck (missing "back" option) fixed during the learning dialogue Udar Khorinis Kap7
- Problem that as a dragon hunter Rosi and Till also to Onar's farm no more going Fixed
- Fixed disappearance of the water mage in chapter 7 of Onar's farm and from the battle preparation for world change
- Lares brings a just one more time to Onar's farm, and not as often
- Fixed incorrect armor price for Matteo (been much more expensive than the actual value)
- Paladin as had been previously obtained, in contrast to DNDR not the first pot of Thekla
- Wrong font sizes in the book "The Magic of the ore is" solved
- Learn the districts 4 & 5 at Karras only fire mage possible
- 'Spirit of Fire' is no longer stuck in the ceiling in the sleeper Kap7 Temple (will spawn after talking to Netbek)
- Disabled false dialogue at guard in the castle as a Mil & Pal
II Schönheits-/Logikfixe
- Shut down wrong speech at Rengaru
- Decommissioned old false speech in dialogues amended by Alrik
- Off false speech at Skip
- Lack of voice activated again with Cedric
- Decommissioned old false speech with altered dialogue with Karras
- Implementation of some NPC's to start because of Kap7 illogical position (Tonak / Telbor / Talbin)
- Buster and Daron placed after the great battle / exemption of the monastery so they would not otherwise end up in Orkgruppen
- Illogical death / survival of NPC's (Rosi / Till / Nigel / Gaspar / cliff) at the beginning of corrected Kap7
- Aligned with different dialogue with Parlan, despite the same text for existing voice
- Fixed wrong assignment dialog / camera position in the dialogue with Lester at the beginning of chapter 7

now fixed in v06a:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Lord Andrew talks about one of the profiles and Canthare a convict to be in charge, even though only one of them is likely to happen
- Dynamic display extended duration of the dialogue texts without speech (3sec + (Textzeichen/10) sec)

now fixed in V06:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Myxir brings a Khorinis later in the language of the builders in, even if you forget it has to speak out in chapter 1.
- Even Jack gets now in Chapter 7 of the promised Rune to the tavern when he was captain. (When Jorgen had been corrected already with the Returning Patch v1.1)
- Hag-Tar's "Kill the Dragon Hunters" is now solved.
- When Biff was on his way to Irdorath, he was mistakenly inserted in the return in 7.Kapitel in Khorinis and mine valley again. But as the Valley of Mines its instance by switching to Khorinis as "dead" is made, the fact in this particular case do not solve Hag-Tar's quest, despite the above fixes. - Fixed> Faulty Paste.
- The Sword Master of the Dragon "is now in the inventory the full description visible.
- Fixed asset values ​​shown in the converted orcish potion for strength and Dex.
new: - dynamic display duration of the dialogue without speech (1sec + (Textzeichen/15) sec)

now fixed in v05:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Greg will be removed from Dexter's camp in Khorinis when you met him in Jharkendar (Just as in DNDR and v1.0 was available). Hopefully, the crash near Dexter's camp in Kap3 to an end.

now fixed in v04:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Incorrect display of the day in the logbook when you are in the triple digits is

now fixed in v03:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Weapon sharpness bug fixed (when sharpening rusty weapons were ever removed a blade blank)
- Buster shadowbeast horns bugfix (gefixed of Sargon)

now fixed in v02:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Grom now teaches fire tongue take even if all other hunting talents has already learned
- Maleth bug at the bandit Quest (of Sargon fixed)

now fixed in v01:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Bonuses for the conservation values ​​of the magician in killing bosses
- Boni-doubling in one of the 8 cases kill the bosses for Templar / mercenaries / DJ / militia / PALA
- If you learn at Grimes taking ore, this is now displayed in the status screen correctly and incorrectly in gold heels.

greetings
Lonewulf

CrashMorraKan
23.05.2011, 19:25
The Hotfix is made from the german translation team to fix some bugs are still in Version 1.1.
There is a version of the Hotfix if you play Returning in russian and a version if you play with the pseudoenglishpatch (PEP).
For your information I have translated the changelog of the Hotfix with the googletranslator:

Edit: but i am not informed, if the Hotfix also works with english or russion version of G2notr !

Übersetzung von Deutsch nach Englisch

HotFix_v08 for AddOn RETURNING v1.1

The HotFix_v08 include any changes to prior versions.

The timestamp has been set to 31/01/2012. Returning at installations that are made after that date it is ineffective.

A. Installing the patch

The file "RETURNING_mod_v1.1_Hotfix_08.mod" in the ". \ Gothic II \ Data \ modvdf" Copy.

The file ". \ Gothic II \ System \ RETURNING_mod.ini" in a text editor, and enter in line 73 the patch.
This line should now look like this:

"VDF = RETURNING_mod.mod"

Upon entering there must be the following (without the quotes):

"VDF = RETURNING_mod.mod RETURNING_mod_v1.1_Hotfix_08.mod"

Be very careful that "EXACTLY" are 2 spaces between the two mod file name.

If visited an old version of HotFix is ​​entered there, then you need only the file name be changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B. Changelog
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now fixed in v08:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I. Bugs
- The switch in Orkcemetery can now be as many times, so there are no more problems when they have already raised before the required items in the inventory had. (FIX is only effective if they had not yet entered the Orkcemetery before you install the hotfix because the relevant information will be recorded in the memory state)
- The empty bottle of poison in the murder investigation into Ignaz, can not be destroyed by use.
- If you have promised to help him Constantino, is now obtained from the guards at citygate the information provided,
- Benchel dives for the merchant guild Quest again and again (when a NPC is dead) at the crossroads next to Orlan's tavern, but now goes correctly to Coragon's Pub, and will remain there permanently
- As soon as Lester Xardas tower rests, is the quest "Black Weiser" available to him now.
- Torlof is now accessible as a replacement captain for the trip to the mainland for disposal, if the pirates have not mitgemischt in the great battle.
- The package of Fisk for Ratfort is not destroyed by use in the inventory. To end the quest but now you have to have the package in the inventory and it is then also passed to Ratfort.
- The presence of the required amount of light Erzrüstung black ore is now being tested on the anvil properly.
II Schönheits-/Logikfixe
- Is concerned about the poison bottle, the one Constantino after the handover removed from his inventory so that you can not buy it back. (In which case, logically, the poisoning of Ignaz would not even possible)
- "Awaken the eye of the Corn" The option (Azgalorquest) is no longer in all submenus of the alchemy table exists, but like "The Eye Innos charge" only in the main menu.
- At the spell of energy transfer from the 4 elements of the sword from black ore, you need to Pyrokar now just wait a day instead of three. (There is at this time to do anyway, usually nothing more)
- For the second Necromantenquest it has been possible when Gallahad has said that it was sent by Xardas what one was supposed to conceal important, but still choose the correct dialogue option, and thus to avoid the failure. Well finished Gallahad the call for this information correctly, and the second dialogue option is therefore no longer available.

now fixed in V07:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I. Bugs
- Scatty & Thorus bug Kap7
- Ansprechreihenfolge of Scatty, Thorus Cavalorn and now no matter
- Scatty Thorus and now stay at Onar's farm (only effective if the patch has been used in a score before the start of Chapter 5)
- Guild-specific rewards now works with delivery of the Necronomicon
- Stuck (missing "back" option) fixed during the learning dialogue Udar Khorinis Kap7
- Problem that as a dragon hunter Rosi and Till also to Onar's farm no more going Fixed
- Fixed disappearance of the water mage in chapter 7 of Onar's farm and from the battle preparation for world change
- Lares brings a just one more time to Onar's farm, and not as often
- Fixed incorrect armor price for Matteo (been much more expensive than the actual value)
- Paladin as had been previously obtained, in contrast to DNDR not the first pot of Thekla
- Wrong font sizes in the book "The Magic of the ore is" solved
- Learn the districts 4 & 5 at Karras only fire mage possible
- 'Spirit of Fire' is no longer stuck in the ceiling in the sleeper Kap7 Temple (will spawn after talking to Netbek)
- Disabled false dialogue at guard in the castle as a Mil & Pal
II Schönheits-/Logikfixe
- Shut down wrong speech at Rengaru
- Decommissioned old false speech in dialogues amended by Alrik
- Off false speech at Skip
- Lack of voice activated again with Cedric
- Decommissioned old false speech with altered dialogue with Karras
- Implementation of some NPC's to start because of Kap7 illogical position (Tonak / Telbor / Talbin)
- Buster and Daron placed after the great battle / exemption of the monastery so they would not otherwise end up in Orkgruppen
- Illogical death / survival of NPC's (Rosi / Till / Nigel / Gaspar / cliff) at the beginning of corrected Kap7
- Aligned with different dialogue with Parlan, despite the same text for existing voice
- Fixed wrong assignment dialog / camera position in the dialogue with Lester at the beginning of chapter 7

now fixed in v06a:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Lord Andrew talks about one of the profiles and Canthare a convict to be in charge, even though only one of them is likely to happen
- Dynamic display extended duration of the dialogue texts without speech (3sec + (Textzeichen/10) sec)

now fixed in V06:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Myxir brings a Khorinis later in the language of the builders in, even if you forget it has to speak out in chapter 1.
- Even Jack gets now in Chapter 7 of the promised Rune to the tavern when he was captain. (When Jorgen had been corrected already with the Returning Patch v1.1)
- Hag-Tar's "Kill the Dragon Hunters" is now solved.
- When Biff was on his way to Irdorath, he was mistakenly inserted in the return in 7.Kapitel in Khorinis and mine valley again. But as the Valley of Mines its instance by switching to Khorinis as "dead" is made, the fact in this particular case do not solve Hag-Tar's quest, despite the above fixes. - Fixed> Faulty Paste.
- The Sword Master of the Dragon "is now in the inventory the full description visible.
- Fixed asset values ​​shown in the converted orcish potion for strength and Dex.
new: - dynamic display duration of the dialogue without speech (1sec + (Textzeichen/15) sec)

now fixed in v05:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Greg will be removed from Dexter's camp in Khorinis when you met him in Jharkendar (Just as in DNDR and v1.0 was available). Hopefully, the crash near Dexter's camp in Kap3 to an end.

now fixed in v04:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Incorrect display of the day in the logbook when you are in the triple digits is

now fixed in v03:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Weapon sharpness bug fixed (when sharpening rusty weapons were ever removed a blade blank)
- Buster shadowbeast horns bugfix (gefixed of Sargon)

now fixed in v02:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Grom now teaches fire tongue take even if all other hunting talents has already learned
- Maleth bug at the bandit Quest (of Sargon fixed)

now fixed in v01:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Bonuses for the conservation values ​​of the magician in killing bosses
- Boni-doubling in one of the 8 cases kill the bosses for Templar / mercenaries / DJ / militia / PALA
- If you learn at Grimes taking ore, this is now displayed in the status screen correctly and incorrectly in gold heels.

greetings
Lonewulf

Thank you very much.

Sorinash
27.05.2011, 22:09
Sounds stupid but... HOW THE HELL DO I MAKE THE GODDAMN PSEUDOENGLISH PATCH WORK?!?! I mean where for crying out loud do I have to install it? I tried everywhere but it didn't work. The mod works, I did all the steps but the pseudoenglish patch won't work! :mad:

... I've already done the thing with modifying the returning bla bla. ini or whatever... yeah exactly 2 spaces... and extracted the returning_07 file or whatever in the Gothic2/Data/modvdf. I tell you, I did ALL the things required... but still doesn't work.

If it helps with anything: I have an ironkeep community patch installed, is THIS the problem? although I doubt it...lol.

Lonewulf
28.05.2011, 12:58
Hi Sorinash

I think that is just a timestamp problem with an outdated version of the PEP.
Please use the latest version of the PEP (v08), from this post:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=15138222&#post15138222

Unzip "Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.7z" and copy the file "Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod" into the directory ".\Gothic II\data\modvdf".

Edit ".\Gothic II\system\RETURNING_mod.ini" and change Line 73 from:
VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod
to:
"VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod"

Sorinash
28.05.2011, 13:16
Hi Sorinash

I think that is just a timestamp problem with an outdated version of the PEP.
Please use the latest version of the PEP (v08), from this post:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=15138222&#post15138222

Unzip "Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.7z" and copy the file "Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod" into the directory ".\Gothic II\data\modvdf".

Edit ".\Gothic II\system\RETURNING_mod.ini" and change Line 73 from:
VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod
to:

It...IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU MAN YOU'RE MY SAVIOR!! :D
I can play at last :D
Sorry about being so angry... I tried to make it work for like 3-4 hours...BUT NOW IT WORKS!!§herz

Tratos
29.05.2011, 02:01
Yes, a bit of emotion control would be desired.

Sorinash
02.06.2011, 12:09
Just wanted to say: this mod is awsome! :D
And I got a question: I have a quest from Baal Tion and he says that one of the alchemists in Khorinis has a recipe that he wants. I asked every alchemist that I knew and even searched around them but I haven't found the recipe... can somebody tell me where it is please? :D

ApocaliptioGod
02.06.2011, 20:14
the recipe is in
Monestary, go to there and enter without paying anything (climbing), you need to pick pocket Gorax and go in the room underground (treasurry or food room , can't remeber)and the recipe is there ...

btw, did you find The assasins guild in the city?

Sorinash
02.06.2011, 21:01
the recipe is in
Monestary, go to there and enter without paying anything (climbing), you need to pick pocket Gorax and go in the room underground (treasurry or food room , can't remeber)and the recipe is there ...

btw, did you find The assasins guild in the city?

@ 1st spoiler: thanks! :D
@ 2nd spoiler: wut? lol (this means no)
What assassin guild? :eek:

DenisInnos
04.06.2011, 13:57
Mans,i insstaled the mod and the english patch but it didn't work.
The language in the game is russian ... how can i rezolve that problem ?

Zero Cool
04.06.2011, 15:24
What do i need to do when i install addon? I mean when is installing, is asking something there, 1 option or second one, then something about a vdf extractor
a walkthroug in english please

DenisInnos
04.06.2011, 15:54
Lonewolf i have done everything you write(like sorinash) but nothing the game is in russian language anyway.
Here look at this pictures:

http://imageshack.us/g/200/screenshot023nw.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/screenshot024pi.png/
In the instaled i chose the second option, even i didn't know what's right.

But when i insstaled the game says smth about Invalid Paramter but the instal continued... maybe this is the problem ?
Please i want to play this mod with any price.

Sorinash
04.06.2011, 17:02
Lonewolf i have done everything you write(like sorinash) but nothing the game is in russian language anyway.
Here look at this picture:

http://imageshack.us/g/200/screenshot023nw.png/
Uhh there is one difference...
There are actually 2 SPACES between VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod and Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod that you have to put, so you only have to put another space, simple as that :D

Or there are actually 2 spaces in that image? I can't really tell... the image isn't that big...

DenisInnos
04.06.2011, 18:30
Thx man,it work with 2 spacecs.
Now i can enjoy the mod..:gratz

DenisInnos
04.06.2011, 18:57
Good for nothing .... please tell me what is the problem.
Look at this ... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/screenshot025le.png/

I don't know wtf is that shit :mad::mad:
Says smth about zMORPHMESH .... MMS not found ... See the picture...

MaGoth
04.06.2011, 20:18
Good for nothing .... please tell me what is the problem.
Look at this ... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/screenshot025le.png/

I don't know wtf is that shit :mad::mad:
Says smth about zMORPHMESH .... MMS not found ... See the picture...

Hi, :)
Ensure correct installation of the modification.

How do I install Gothic II - The Returning
Note:

The installation should be noted that the "Gothic II - The Returning" can be installed in two ways. The right choice (GothicStarter.exe) see the following picture (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/K95zgZNOWkVUoNdMAyeInstallauswahl.jpg) (alternative external link (http://www2.pic-upload.de/11.04.10/em2dajy233y.jpg)).
First, as a "game", while it is fully integrated, similar to the original installation of DNDR on G2, and the normal G2 DNDR is no longer playable. Furthermore, there may be problems with other mods, so this type of installation is not recommended.
Second, the "mod" version, which differs from other mod installations not and thus the operation of other mods and G2 DNDR disabled.
In all installations Vista/Win7 should be strictly carried out as "administrator" (right mouse button -> as administrator ...).

v1.0:
The small version of Modkit's
The Modkit Patch v2.6a
The Gothic Starter Update
The Return v1.0
When played in Russian:
5.1. Font textures for documents

v1.1:
The small version of Modkit's
The Modkit Patch v2.6a
The Gothic Starter Update (playerkit)
The Returning v1.0
The Returning v1.1 Patch
a. When played in Russian:
6.a.1. HotFix for The Returning v1.1
6.a.2. Font textures for documents
b. When playing with the pseudo English patch:
6.b.1. PEP for The Returning v1.1
6.b.2. Optionally, the 'font textures for documents'

MfG MaGoth, WoG.ru-Community. :gratz

DenisInnos
04.06.2011, 20:54
Thanks man i chose the wrong alternative :( that was the problem.
Thanks.

Zero Cool
04.06.2011, 21:40
I have same error with zmorphes .

1. I install 1.0, choose the one with GothicStarter, then i extracted some files when asked.
2. I installed 1.1, choose GothicStarter, I didn't extracted anything like in 1.0 asked.

NVM I made it, I chose the returning_mod in modfdvd and extract there\

where can I see all changes?

ApocaliptioGod
04.06.2011, 22:21
i've heard that 1.2 patch is on the way $§p4

-FiXed Bugs , Rebalance (:A )
-Adds a new world and quests (the game is long enaught §motz)
-new teXtures (not shure)
-Oriented to less hardcore eXperience (good and bad thing at the same time §kratz)

Ratamahatta
04.06.2011, 22:38
i've heard that 1.2 patch is on the way $§p4

-FiXed Bugs , Rebalance (:A )
-Adds a new world and quests (the game is long enaught §motz)
-new teXtures (not shure)
-Oriented to less hardcore eXperience (good and bad thing at the same time §kratz)

that's really good!:A if news will become true, please post here any links and further information :gratz

DarkGothic
04.06.2011, 22:38
I have the same problem as DenisInnos:(, i don't understand i've done everything even the solution brought by MaGoth:mad:, any other advices or solutions will be welcomed.:)

ApocaliptioGod
04.06.2011, 22:51
I have same error with zmorphes .

1. I install 1.0, choose the one with GothicStarter, then i extracted some files when asked.
2. I installed 1.1, choose GothicStarter, I didn't extracted anything like in 1.0 asked.

NVM I made it, I chose the returning_mod in modfdvd and extract there\

where can I see all changes?

have you ever played a mod before? :C:

Zero Cool
04.06.2011, 22:52
@dark:

I assume you have g2 notr 2.6

1. Install 1.0 and choose second(with GothicStarter)
While installing, there will appear gothic 2.5 vdsf(something like these) search in gothic 2 folder and there will appear a file . chose it
Then press extract volume. Then exit

2. Install 1.1 and coose second
While installing, there will apepar again 2.5 vdsf. Search again in gothic2/data/modfvd

then choose returning_mod and extract volume

This is how i installed . The rest what to do is mention here.

One more thing:

VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod RETURNING_mod_v1.1_Hotfix_08.mod

If you want to make worth both, be sure to have like these( i will not put ", so when you see " in next line , you COPY exactly like these in returning_mod.ini

VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod "Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod RETURNING_mod_v1.1_Hotfix_08.mod"

there are 2 spaces everywhere

DarkGothic
04.06.2011, 23:07
@dark:

I assume you have g2 notr 2.6

1. Install 1.0 and choose second(with GothicStarter)
While installing, there will appear gothic 2.5 vdsf(something like these) search in gothic 2 folder and there will appear a file . chose it

2. Install 1.1 and coose second
While installing, there will apepar again 2.5 vdsf. Search again in gothic2/data/modfvd

then choose returning_mod and extract volume

This is how i installed . The rest what to do is mention here.

One more thing:

VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod RETURNING_mod_v1.1_Hotfix_08.mod

If you want to make worth both, be sure to have like these( i will not put ", so when you see " in next line , you COPY exactly like these in returning_mod.ini

VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod "Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod RETURNING_mod_v1.1_Hotfix_08.mod"

there are 2 spaces everywhere

Thanks for such a quick answer , i'll install the mod one more time maybe i'll figure it out.

MaGoth
05.06.2011, 14:40
that's really good!:A if news will become true, please post here any links and further information :gratz
Discussion in our forum WoG.RU - Returning v.1.2. (http://forum.worldofplayers.ru/showthread.php?t=23787)

Ratamahatta
05.06.2011, 22:59
Discussion in our forum WoG.RU - Returning v.1.2. (http://forum.worldofplayers.ru/showthread.php?t=23787)

спасибо §wink

Lonewulf
06.06.2011, 10:40
@ Zero Cool

I noticed some strange things in your posts. I think you have not followed the installation order from MaGoth´s Post (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=16298969&#post16298969) correctly.

The installation of Returning runs fully automatically after you've chosen for the installation of the "mod-version".
But with "GothicVDFS v2.5", the installation of "Returning" will fail. You need GothicVDFS v2.6 or v2.6(mod).
-->
So first install the small version of Modkit (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=88) and the MDK: Patch v2.6a (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=89) to upgrade GothicVDFS to "v.2.6(mod)".

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files6/mdk.jpg

Landros
06.06.2011, 21:06
Hello there! My name is... ah... Landros? :D And so far this is my first post on the forum.

For the past 3 hours I've been trying to install the Returning mod for Gothic 2. I belive I've installed it 5 times to no avail... :eek: I'm a total wreck of nerves right now so I'm practicly BEGGING you guys to help me out a bit.

I've already read all the available help, even the one on the german forum using some pseudo-english translations via google translator... as well as some ones on the russian forum.

The conclusion? Again... to no avail...

First I didn't know I had to downgrade my gothic to version 2.6... but I learned about that. Then... I managed to instal the mod and make it work... but in the EXE format, not the MOD one... thus no pseudo-english patch... thus logicaly no way for me to play the game.

Now that I finally thought I understood everything, I got on with the 5th attempt... and here's the order of my actions:

1) Installed Gothic 2 + NOTR english version (2.7)
2) installed the 2.6.0.0 fix for downgrading to 2.6
3) installed the gothic MDK (small) + update
4) installed the GothicStarter 2.6a
5) installed Returning 1.0 (MOD)
6) installed Returning 1.1 (MOD)
7) finally extracted the pseudo-english VDF into the appropiate folder in the gothic directory and also done the required modification to the Returning ini file.

What I have now... when I enter GothicStarter, I have two entries. One... the normal Gothic2 but wich strangely is all in german now (except the audio) and who's name in the GothicStarter is writen in russian letters... :scared:

Then there's the seccond entry in the GothicStarter... with a new icon and when clicked upon shows me the much tantalizing preview of all the nice new things brought to our favorite game. Naturally, I hit play with the seccond one... after a bit of a wait... what do I see? A nice dragon video, then the usual ones and then the old menu with the water mages. No new g3 ork menu... I hit new game... and gues what? No modifications... no new text... no new seeker guy next to Xardas... no skeleton guardians in front of Xardas's tower etc. You've got the picture...

Please... can you guis help me with this one? :scared:

EDIT: oh... and by the way... after each unsuccesfull attempt I uninstalled gothic 2 and reinstalled as well so... there's always been a cleen instal of gothic 2.

Lonewulf
06.06.2011, 21:43
Hi Landros

§welcome

If your operating system is "Vista/Win7" run the GothicStarter.exe as "administrator" (right mouse button -> as administrator ...).

Landros
06.06.2011, 23:10
Thank you very much for the warm welcome! :)

and regarding to your reply... my windows is a plain old XP SP3 ProPerformance.

EDIT: I did the "run as admin" thing and it still the same old problem. I select the "Returning" mod and it isn't actually anything. At the moment all I have are two G2-NOTR... one with english text and the other with german text... bouth having english audio...

Larisa
06.06.2011, 23:47
Just out of curiosity I installed it too. XP SP3. Works perfectly.

My steps. I already had a G2 + NotR + 2.6(fix)exe + starter + several mods.
So, I installed the minimal mdk, the update to mdk, the starter again.
Then returning 1.0 (I chose the last option) it did its things with vdfs and unpacking ogg files. Then returning 1.1 (again last option). Then the PEP. Launched the starter. The only thing in russian is the intro voice. The rest in En (unfortunately, an unusable English).

Landros
07.06.2011, 06:14
that's exactly what I did as well...I perfected this installation on the fourth try out... :scared: I always chose the seccond option as well... I'm really gettind dumbfounded here... §gnah

the starter is the 2.6a downloaded on the world of gothic download section right? sorry... stupid question...

is there any way that I can make the PEP work with the EXE version of the mod? as THAT one worked flawlessly... the main problem I can see is that the EXE version has no "RETURNING_mod.vdf" nor a "RETURNING_mod.ini"...

of course... my knowledge regarding gothic 2 modding is the equivalent of a dumb beetle trying to sing We Will Rock You so... what I CAN see is practicly irrelevant

EDIT: I'll be doing it again... the sixth time... perhaps this will be it... or not

EDIT 2 "THE SOLUTION!!!": It's all because of the pseudoenglish patch... Actualy because of adding the additional line on the VDF section of the ini file (VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod)
Once I deleted it it worked perfectly... but that doesn't help me at all... as I couldn't speack russian to save my life... is there a fix or something? please?

Zero Cool
07.06.2011, 08:01
@Lonewolf: I installed with 2.5 thing, and the mod worked finnaly. I've done like I said to DArk

Lonewulf
07.06.2011, 10:45
that's exactly what I did as well...I perfected this installation on the fourth try out... :scared: I always chose the seccond option as well... I'm really gettind dumbfounded here... §gnah

the starter is the 2.6a downloaded on the world of gothic download section right? sorry... stupid question...
The latest Version of the starter is v2.6f. http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_168.htm

EDIT 2 "THE SOLUTION!!!": It's all because of the pseudoenglish patch... Actualy because of adding the additional line on the VDF section of the ini file (VDF=RETURNING_mod.mod Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod)
Once I deleted it it worked perfectly... but that doesn't help me at all... as I couldn't speack russian to save my life... is there a fix or something? please?Were between the two file names exactly 2 spaces?

is there any way that I can make the PEP work with the EXE version of the mod? as THAT one worked flawlessly... the main problem I can see is that the EXE version has no "RETURNING_mod.vdf" nor a "RETURNING_mod.ini"...I'm not sure, but you can try it:
Copy the PEP file to ".\gothic II\data" and change the file name from "Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.mod" to "Returning11_pseudoenglish_08.vdf".
Now start the game directly with Gothic2.exe.

~~~~~~

@Lonewolf: I installed with 2.5 thing, and the mod worked finnaly. I've done like I said to DArkI know that there are problems with unpacking the ogg files & creating the new Mod-file. Also works the update on version 1.1 not correctly with GothicVDFS v2.5.
Can you use the ladders on both town gates of Khorinis?

DenisInnos
07.06.2011, 11:16
So this mod is absoulutly awesome but annoying difficult.
I can't even kill a sheep :)).

Landros
07.06.2011, 12:01
Lonewolf... please allow me to apologise for me wasting your time. Mine was a horendowsly stupid mistake... I managed somehow to overlook some of the posts at the start of the seccond page of the thread and thus managed to trow in only ONE SPACE between the two instances. Beautifully moronic if I may say so myself!
Thanks for the help none the less. It seams the sixth time was the charm... I can finally get beaten down to a pulp by anything that moves in gothic 2! YAY!!! :p

Zero Cool
07.06.2011, 18:36
@wolf: well i didn't played returning, just installed cause at moment I am playing G1 with Dark mysteries mod

Tratos
08.06.2011, 23:07
@Denis, Dark - Calm down, be it smilies or text. Flaming up due to something not working is no way to look for a solution.

Ratamahata - only English here, period.

DarkGothic
09.06.2011, 13:37
@Denis, Dark - Calm down, be it smilies or text. Flaming up due to something not working is no way to look for a solution.

Yeah maybe I was a bit too angry:) and now after I managed to install the mod i'm a bit dissapointed because of the bad english translation(in some phrases it's hardly understandable) but i'm sure there's something exciting about this mod and i'll forget about the translation.:D;)

Sorinash
27.06.2011, 07:00
I have a problem with a quest: "Sword Abigal". I have to find Abigal's sword, which, from what she said, is still in the swamp near bandit's camp after she ran from a fire shadowbeast. I searched EVERY step and corner of that swamp and still haven't found it. Can somebody tell me the EXACT place of that sword please?

Eiskönig
27.06.2011, 19:35
I have a problem with a quest: "Sword Abigal". I have to find Abigal's sword, which, from what she said, is still in the swamp near bandit's camp after she ran from a fire shadowbeast. I searched EVERY step and corner of that swamp and still haven't found it. Can somebody tell me the EXACT place of that sword please?

The sword is on the way near a tree, if you leave the big hollow between the canyon and the bandits camp.
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16003&d=1217889523

DenisInnos
01.07.2011, 06:39
How can you play this mod ? Man i need to use an scroll of fire to kill an wolf.bloodfile even i can't kill an sheep. Is to hard and i have an bug(i think) when i beat up an townsman from Khorinis,they said 'murder' but he is alive and they rippe me off. Example| the quest with Alwin and Fellan, i beat up Fellan,then they screamed 'murder' and try to kill me. Please give me an patch or something to resolve the problem.

And for Lord Andre i have an penlaty of 9000 gold for reason 'murder' but i just gave a sound beating i not kill him wtf with ?

Eiskönig
01.07.2011, 22:01
How can you play this mod ? Man i need to use an scroll of fire to kill an wolf.bloodfile even i can't kill an sheep. Is to hard and i have an bug(i think) when i beat up an townsman from Khorinis,they said 'murder' but he is alive and they rippe me off. Example| the quest with Alwin and Fellan, i beat up Fellan,then they screamed 'murder' and try to kill me. Please give me an patch or something to resolve the problem.

And for Lord Andre i have an penlaty of 9000 gold for reason 'murder' but i just gave a sound beating i not kill him wtf with ?

If you beat an opponent in this mod with a sharp weapon (f.e.Sword) he will be killed without a special killing move. So use in duels with Fellan, Moe, Alrik or Buster only a weapon without sharp damage, f.e. a club or heavy stick. This is not a bug but a feature of this mod:D.
At the beginning of this mod it is highly recommended, to fight with magic or with the bow. You can get a quite good bow, if you become apprentice at Bosper and you can learn to create arrows from Niclas (near the lighthouse).
This mod is very good, if you feel boring with the normal G2notr.:p

DenisInnos
02.07.2011, 07:35
Good to know but now i need to cheat to rezolve the 9000 gold with Lord Andre. How can i use marvin to rezolve it ?

Eiskönig
02.07.2011, 11:31
Good to know but now i need to cheat to rezolve the 9000 gold with Lord Andre. How can i use marvin to rezolve it ?

Activate Marvin, open the console and put in
insert gold
That will spawn a purse with 1000 gold, but you have to pay a cheater malus, if you open it.:D

DenisInnos
02.07.2011, 12:34
I delete that save and i begin a new one .... but a very good mod afterall.§wink

DenisInnos
02.07.2011, 18:40
So best mod after all ,, now i have smth to ask:
1. Where is Gritta with that dealer ??, probably to give a fuck $§p4
2.About the Assasins Guild,man i can't find anything and that name Asal ... i searced everywhere in Khornis even the sweres but they aren't there.

Please help me ...

Eiskönig
02.07.2011, 22:12
So best mod after all ,, now i have smth to ask:
1. Where is Gritta with that dealer ??, probably to give a fuck
2.About the Assasins Guild,man i can't find anything and that name Asal ... i searced everywhere in Khornis even the sweres but they aren't there.

1. Gritta is in the small wood, where you can hunt with Bartok

2. You have 2 ways to join the guild of the assassins. By trying this save often and save different, because it is very easy to fail, if you give a wrong answer.
The first way
is during the quest "task Gallakhada". You ask Gerbrandt for work und get the quest "meeting in a tavern". After return to Gerbrandt ask him, who was the stranger in the tavern. He tell you, not to sleep the next night and take a look at midnight behind the house of the paladins. If you do so you will see there a fight between the stranger and Wambo. The stranger wins. If you ask now the stranger (Asmal) and take the right options you can join the guild of assassins.
The second way
is possible, by the second task from Lord Andre "guild of murderers in Khorinise". This way is only possible, if the guild of thieves are still alive. Ask Cassia, then Ramirez, go to Gillian (member of the band) and so on.

DenisInnos
03.07.2011, 09:28
Thanks man with you'r answers, i will try the first way because the second way sound less exp then the first...

ApocaliptioGod
03.07.2011, 11:18
if i remember well the second way works only of you join the city guards...

DenisInnos
03.07.2011, 18:45
So on i used that way with Gillion, and yes i am home guard ... but Gillion told me that we are meeting toomorrow after 'poulachie' wtf means that... near a house on the seacost near the quay.
Can you give me the hour and the location perfectly at the meeting please ?

And that quest with Cassia told me that an important bowl from an 'Ore Baron' is an a valley but the valley is in russian language. Can you give me the location of the bowl ?

Eiskönig
03.07.2011, 21:10
So on i used that way with Gillion, and yes i am home guard ... but Gillion told me that we are meeting toomorrow after 'poulachie' wtf means that... near a house on the seacost near the quay.
Can you give me the hour and the location perfectly at the meeting please ?

And that quest with Cassia told me that an important bowl from an 'Ore Baron' is an a valley but the valley is in russian language. Can you give me the location of the bowl ?

1. Asmal Because chances of confusion because the day is, here's an example: If you spoke with Gillian at the 10th day, you have to be there at day 12 in the period from 00:00 - to 04:00.

The meeting point is the house at the pier near the ship of the paladins.There you'll meet then Asmal and the rest of the assassins guild. Asmal is identical with Gillian and the stranger from Orlan's tavern. Save your game at this place. You can ask Asmal if he takes you into the guild killer. Asmal asking you for your reasons for incorrect answers you will be attacked from the whole guild. If you do everything right, you can join and get your first Order.

Asmal You can also say that you have come on behalf of Lord Andre to kill him. If you have Asmal said that you are coming from Ramirez, Asmal is angry on the thieves guild. If the members of the Thieves Guild are alive, they are killed. Then you were attacked by the entire guild killer. Have fun.:p

2. Cassia

The place of the bowl is
in the storage room of the castle
the complete solution
Cassia has, besides the blood chalices yet another job for you. You should get her out of the bowll in the castle in the Valley of Mines.

You should best do this quest together with the 4. quest of the guild of traders Antiquity / Antiques, as you must in the storage room of the castle. You will receive instructions in the castle. Cliff tells you that the bowl is locked in a room in a warehouse. The key for the warehouse has lost Engor. The key for the room in the warehouse or Parcival Oric should have. Milten, you learn that Engor has lost the key to the warehouse for some fresh air.

Here you will find the key.

Key to the warehouse: to the roof at the main gate
Key in the warehouse: you have to steal from Parcival

The bowl is in the chest in a separate room of the warehouse. If you give them Cassia, you get 750 EXP and can choose a reward.

I have taken the solutions with a little help from the google translator from the 2.post of the german translation project from the very detailed "Biesterkillers Questhilfen (Questguides)"
click (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=16445340&#post16445340)
Scroll down until
C Hilfen

DenisInnos
03.07.2011, 21:42
Wow thanks man ;) seems that you know a lot of this mod

CrashMorraKan
05.07.2011, 10:23
is anyone know if the patch for gothic 2 notr returning ver 1.2 is ready? if it is, please give me a link to download. (i didn't found myself in the worldofgothic.ru)

Dimus
05.07.2011, 11:44
No, you can't download this patch because it isn't released yet. After a long pause patch 1.2 development has been continued, but to release date still very far. If you well know Russian, some details about patch development you can read in a following thread (http://forum.worldofplayers.ru/showthread.php?t=23787) at the World of Players RU forum.

CrashMorraKan
05.07.2011, 22:53
No, you can't download this patch because it isn't released yet. After a long pause patch 1.2 development has been continued, but to release date still very far. If you well know Russian, some details about patch development you can read in a following thread (http://forum.worldofplayers.ru/showthread.php?t=23787) at the World of Players RU forum.

thank you very much. :)

Tratos
07.07.2011, 00:59
Threads merged. Please keep things concise and don't open new threads about things you can ask in existing ones.

DenisInnos
16.07.2011, 12:32
1. I was late on that meeting with the guild of murders ! now what should i do ?
2. A strange request for Constatino what strong potion wants this man for me ?
3. You know where is Thunder(Grim) there deep in valley are 2 trolls and more deep is an tower that has an dorr. That door needs a specific key ? When or What i can get this key ? Where is the key ?

Thanks,
Dennis

Eiskönig
16.07.2011, 21:54
1. I was late on that meeting with the guild of murders ! now what should i do ?
2. A strange request for Constatino what strong potion wants this man for me ?
3. You know where is Thunder(Grim) there deep in valley are 2 trolls and more deep is an tower that has an dorr. That door needs a specific key ? When or What i can get this key ? Where is the key ?

Thanks,
Dennis

1. If you was too late on the meeting with the guild of murders (the right time was only between 00.00 and 04.00) i fear, that you have failed.
The first quest from Asmal should be, to kill Wambo.
I habe joined the guild by the other way, so i dont know the consequence.
2. Constantino asks for a strong poison, because he plan to killIgnaz. You will find the poison in the hidden destillery of Vino in the wood behind the lighthouse. But if you will keep Ignaz as a trader, give Contantino the poison in the 5. chapter
3.The key is in the inventory ofthe deathknight Inubis, in the crypt behind Onars farm

DenisInnos
17.07.2011, 12:29
Thanks and yes the quest with the guild of murders is failed ;(

Tratos
17.07.2011, 14:56
Threads merged again. Please stop posting stuff into different threads, keep things together.

@DennisInnos - you've done that on more than one occasion, please stop.

kingrhobar
22.10.2011, 08:26
Another question I have is about the Keepers-Guardians.
I have already talked to 1.Dagot and 2.Morius and did what they asked for.I was trying to find the 3rd one but couldn't find him. I searched and found BiesterKiller's guide http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1042844-Gothic-II-Die-Rückkehr-Hilfe-Info-und-Diskussionsthread-27?p=17004968&viewfull=1#post17004968 The 3rd one is Tegon and says he appears on some rocks at the bridge near Akil's farm (using google translate ^^)
I searched for him at chapter 5 but couldn't find him. Is it something about being late at chapter 5, or maybe because I gave the 4 elemental stones at the Golden Dragon and this Quest is canceled (still at active Quests)? Can Someone help please :)

Eiskönig
22.10.2011, 21:34
Another question I have is about the Keepers-Guardians.
I have already talked to 1.Dagot and 2.Morius and did what they asked for.I was trying to find the 3rd one but couldn't find him. I searched and found BiesterKiller's guide http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1042844-Gothic-II-Die-Rückkehr-Hilfe-Info-und-Diskussionsthread-27?p=17004968&viewfull=1#post17004968 (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1042844-Gothic-II-Die-R%C3%BCckkehr-Hilfe-Info-und-Diskussionsthread-27?p=17004968&viewfull=1#post17004968) The 3rd one is Tegon and says he appears on some rocks at the bridge near Akil's farm (using google translate ^^)
I searched for him at chapter 5 but couldn't find him. Is it something about being late at chapter 5, or maybe because I gave the 4 elemental stones at the Golden Dragon and this Quest is canceled (still at active Quests)? Can Someone help please :)

If you go to the bridge from Akil's farm turn left and climb up the rock. Then run in the direction of the small group collectors of swamp weed from the sect camp and half on the way you will find Tegon

kingrhobar
18.12.2011, 12:27
thnx for the quick answer ^^,
I could use some help again.. There are two chests in the New Mine (if i remember correctly)
Above the Ice Dragon region near the ork camp. My problem is that I don't know where to find the Key that is required. In front of these chests there is a book of astronomy if this helps ( you can reach them by falling down exactly when you enter the mine just follow the path )

Eiskönig
18.12.2011, 15:11
These chests in the new mine are out of order in "The Returning".
As I have read in an other thread the modders have used content from other gothic mods and these chests are from the russian "Global Mod"(?) where they are important in a questline.
There is only a chest in the new camp which becomes important in the 7th chapter.

kingrhobar
19.12.2011, 00:07
These chests in the new mine are out of order in "The Returning".
As I have read in an other thread the modders have used content from other gothic mods and these chests are from the russian "Global Mod"(?) where they are important in a questline.
There is only a chest in the new camp which becomes important in the 7th chapter.

I see, thnx again Eiskönig :)

DragonHunter123
03.03.2012, 11:20
How 'bad' is this pseudo english patch anyway? I would like to try this mod but i don't know if i should even bother.

Eiskönig
03.03.2012, 14:21
How 'bad' is this pseudo english patch anyway? I would like to try this mod but i don't know if i should even bother.

It is well enough, to play the game if you cannot speak russian :p
But ensure to use the newest version of the PEP from this (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/923915-Gothic-II-Die-R%C3%BCckkehr-Hilfe-Info-und-Diskussionsthread-23?p=15138222&viewfull=1#post15138222) post.
The PEP includes also a lot of small bugfixes.

DragonHunter123
04.03.2012, 12:25
It is well enough, to play the game if you cannot speak russian :p
But ensure to use the newest version of the PEP from this (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/923915-Gothic-II-Die-R%C3%BCckkehr-Hilfe-Info-und-Diskussionsthread-23?p=15138222&viewfull=1#post15138222) post.
The PEP includes also a lot of small bugfixes.

Ok i will give it a try. Thanks for the link. I hope i will be able to install it properly.

Edit: i allready encounter a problem. I'm not allowed to install the 2.6 modkit. I can run the installer, but at the point of choosing the correct diretory, i can't go any further. Any ideas?

DragonHunter123
07.03.2012, 14:22
So basicly my problem is i can't change the version of gothic 2 (2.7 eng) to 2.6 fix.(German) I'm not allowed to click the install button. This way i will never be able to even install the mod. Does anybody know how to get around this problem? And why is this anyway? Just because the two languages differ?

WernerTWC
12.03.2012, 21:05
So basicly my problem is i can't change the version of gothic 2 (2.7 eng) to 2.6 fix.(German) I'm not allowed to click the install button. This way i will never be able to even install the mod. Does anybody know how to get around this problem? And why is this anyway? Just because the two languages differ?

Use the report version of the g2.exe:
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_278.htm

You could manually unzip and copy the exe out of the archive if it cannot be installed directly.

DragonHunter123
13.03.2012, 17:37
Use the report version of the g2.exe:
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/download_278.htm

You could manually unzip and copy the exe out of the archive if it cannot be installed directly.

Hey thanks I got around that problem. But i couldn't get the game running, i installed it the way i should have, but it won't work. If you choose the second option, the game should start with the gothic starter right? But no gothic starter for me. However, there is a possibility to uninstall the starter, so my guess is i installed it correctly. I'm kind of confused now, but maybe you know what to do.

Dimus
13.03.2012, 18:53
@ DragonHunter123:
What version of Returning mod installation do you have: EXE or MOD?
- EXE version not requires Gothic 2 Report Version and Gothic 2 Player Kit installations because it replaces original file Gothic2.exe with own one and not allows other mods management.
- MOD version allows managing other mods and can be started via Gothic 2 Player Kit (http://www.bendlins.de/nico/gothic2/gothic2_playerkit-2.6f.exe) only.

DragonHunter123
14.03.2012, 12:25
@ DragonHunter123:
What version of Returning mod installation do you have: EXE or MOD?
- EXE version not requires Gothic 2 Report Version and Gothic 2 Player Kit installations because it replaces original file Gothic2.exe with own one and not allows other mods management.
- MOD version allows managing other mods and can be started via Gothic 2 Player Kit (http://www.bendlins.de/nico/gothic2/gothic2_playerkit-2.6f.exe) only.

Well i uninstalled everything now. I installed the game with the second option, so my guess is i installed the mod version. But i really don't care witch version i use, as long as it works. Could you tell me witch things i have to install to play the exe version? I read the topic several times, but im not that good with these things.

I have another question. What files should the Pseudo English Patch rar file contain? I have 2 files, a readme and a mod file. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Frank-95
14.03.2012, 12:30
where can i download the .mod file instead of the .exe?

DragonHunter123
14.03.2012, 14:08
where can i download the .mod file instead of the .exe?

It's the same file, only the way of installing is different as far is i know.

Frank-95
14.03.2012, 21:31
It's the same file, only the way of installing is different as far is i know.

the type of the file is absolutely differente, then yes the .exe contains the .mod but it's not the same file, then i don't want to install it before playing..

DragonHunter123
16.03.2012, 12:04
It's strange that the mod version won't work, i must be doing something wrong. Starting to get rather agitated now :mad:

Frank-95
16.03.2012, 12:42
It's strange that the mod version won't work, i must be doing something wrong. Starting to get rather agitated now :mad:

could you give me the download link of the .mod file? Thank you.

p.s i mean the .mod of the full version 1.0..

MaGoth
25.03.2012, 13:05
Frank-95,

could you give me the download link of the .mod file? Thank you.
p.s i mean the .mod of the full version 1.0..
http://worldofplayers.ru/returning-download