PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [Mod] Velaya - Discussion and Help

Seiten : [1] 2

eternalxardas
06.05.2009, 07:59
I think I'm not wrong opening a new thread for every question (related to Gothic 2 mod Velaya) regarding solving quests, discussing other aspects of the story, concepts... Stuff other than technical and translating.

And my first questions are:

1. Is it possible to join a guild in "Velaya"?

2. In the "Goblins" quest: how do I obtain the artefacts -- hammer, bowl and chain mail... ?
I know that the chain mail is in Wambo (city guard) chest. How do I obtain the chest key?

Larisa
06.05.2009, 12:04
1. Is it possible to join a guild in "Velaya"?

No, at least I didn't found one.

2. In the "Goblins" quest: how do I obtain the artefacts -- hammer, bowl and chain mail... ?
I know that the chain mail is in Wambo (city guard) chest. How do I obtain the chest key?

The key is on the table in the room where guards sleep. The chest is also in there.
Bowl -> Sagitta.
Hammer -> Bennet.

Edit:

English Map (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/VelayaEN.jpg)

Sektenspinner
06.05.2009, 21:07
You need to talk to some other people first before you can talk to Bennet and Sagitta.
If you have not yet talked to Regis and Baltram in the city, go and see them. They will give you some useful information that will lead you to the artifacts eventually.

@Mistress_larisa: Nice map. :):A

vivaxardas
06.05.2009, 21:13
Mistress larissa, thanks for the map. Very helpful.:)

eternalxardas
07.05.2009, 11:23
Well, I think many could come at this situation. Finding themeslves without a clue of how to continue on the main lne.

All right, when the player gets to level 6, acces to the city is granted. Chapter 2 begins...

Then there's the trouble with goblins. Then what?? Lord Andre's guards still don't let me to him (and I suppose, that is part of the main plot...)

What is the main story/quest, if there's one at all? How does one enter chapter 3 and 4??

What about a better armor than the initial leather? Not that it doesn't look nice but still... In the normal game, there was the possibility to get a guard armor at the very first levels and even become a paladin at around level 8!

Now I'm level 13 and still stuck with that poor protection. (Praise to the magic that has let me survive this far...)
And mentioning magic, the robe of fire from the mod menu isn't obtainable, it's just a draw, right?

Sektenspinner
07.05.2009, 17:24
If you have finished the goblin plot and talked to Lobart, Maleth the City Guards and so on, i.e. someone has told you to go and see Andre you can go to him.
Well, at least you will be able to trick the guards. Just talk to them, and perhaps talk to the gardener. ;)

There will be a plot and there will be better armor.

catalinux
15.05.2009, 20:22
I hope this is the right thread. I need help with Velaya! Actually... a have two questions:

1. Is there anybody that can teach me remove bloodfly sting and wings? I suppose Teklas old lover but I'm not sure (I have to find a cook and I am tired for running like hell in the last 2 days and posting questions to everybody)

2. Is there any better weapon than the bandit's sword? It does only 40 damage. I also found a broken sword master in the militia headquarters chest with the initial C (from Cassia?) but I don't know what to do with it.

This is a great mod!

Sektenspinner
15.05.2009, 21:22
I hope this is the right thread. I need help with Velaya! Actually... a have two questions:

1. Is there anybody that can teach me remove bloodfly sting and wings? I suppose Teklas old lover but I'm not sure (I have to find a cook and I am tired for running like hell in the last 2 days and posting questions to everybody)Nope. There is nobody who can teach you either of the skills.

2. Is there any better weapon than the bandit's sword? It does only 40 damage. I also found a broken sword master in the militia headquarters chest with the initial C (from Cassia?) but I don't know what to do with it.Yes there are several. Check the traders of Khorinis. And in the later chapters you will automatically get some better dexterity weapons.

There are also the two somehow hidden and best dexterity weapons. You will probably stumble over them in the course of the game, but you can get them anytime, if you only know what to do, or where to seek.
You may want to take a closer look at the ship in the harbour.
And if you stick to Cord and learn dexterity he will eventually have a present for you. ;)

catalinux
16.05.2009, 03:28
Thanks man!

I was about to find a way on the paladins ship! I will be satisfied with the Rapier at least!

Great mod! :gratz

Tratos
16.05.2009, 11:49
I'm really getting excited now. I think I'll definitely give this mod a try after my exams.

catalinux
16.05.2009, 20:42
I'm really getting excited now. I think I'll definitely give this mod a try after my exams.

I don't remember having so much fun neither with the original Gothic 2 Gold. Velaya is a must try! It's like a brand new game and it has lot of new and original features and it seems to me that it is more quest-oriented and I like this and the lines are smart and funny and... man I like this mod! It deserves a prize! Good job!

Tratos
16.05.2009, 22:14
^ A more practical deserve would be some nice english voiceovers.

Sektenspinner
17.05.2009, 10:48
^ A more practical deserve would be some nice english voiceovers.That would be nice indeed.

If you - or anyone else - is willing to organize the dubbing, I would gladly support such a project with all the needed data and information.
I'm not doing it myself, partly, because I'm not a native speaker and will have difficulties hearing mistakes in the dubbing, and more importantly, because I simply lack the time for doing it.

catalinux
17.05.2009, 19:59
I have only one more question.

I am that strange kind of guy which would like to learn every possible hunting skills. So...

Are there teachers for reptile skins and mandibles?

I don't know if I should start hunting lurkers and Field Raiders...:dnuhr:

Zeri0n
17.05.2009, 22:43
hmm i got something wrong, i installed velaya then changed to english and instaled g2 starter but i cant start velaya. by the way i have g2 gold any help?

catalinux
17.05.2009, 23:22
hmm i got something wrong, i installed velaya then changed to english and instaled g2 starter but i cant start velaya. by the way i have g2 gold any help?

I also have Gothic 2 Gold v. 2.7

I did it like here (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=9292559&#post9292559) and it worked.

Man I really need a list with the trophies teachers...

Larisa
18.05.2009, 08:36
I don't remember teachers for reptile skins or mandibles.

Sektenspinner
18.05.2009, 09:17
There are two teachers for hunting skills:
Niclas: Feathers Shadowbeasthorn Claws Furs
Cavalorn Crawlerplates Teeth Shadowbeasthorn Claws Furs

hmm i got something wrong, i installed velaya then changed to english and instaled g2 starter but i cant start velaya. by the way i have g2 gold any help?What do you mean by "I can't start velaya"?
Is there no entry in the GothicStarter for Velaya? Is there only a German one?
Is there at least the entry for "Gothic 2 DNDR"?

Have you installed the 2.6 patch (http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&file_id=80) for Gothic 2? You need this one and the reportversion afterwards.

catalinux
18.05.2009, 18:11
There are two teachers for hunting skills:
Niclas: Feathers Shadowbeasthorn Claws Furs
Cavalorn Crawlerplates Teeth Shadowbeasthorn Claws Furs

So I didn't missed anything :D

No I'm trying to discover who is that mercenary that can teach me dexterity (except for Wolf) - Niclas has told me about him.

But I have no more questions I want to discover everything else by myself!

Once again... excellent mod!:gratz

Tratos
18.05.2009, 19:23
Unfortunately, since I have so many limitations on my laptop in the school, I can't even install velaya and/or the english patch. So, I can't enjoy it.

If only someone could temporarily upload a different installer - one that doesn't write registry values and all sorts of thigs like that - I would be very happy. Best of all ofc would be just the mod files.

Larisa
18.05.2009, 19:53
Best of all ofc would be just the mod files.

Try this (http://rapidshare.de/files/47213380/Velaya_1.1.zip.html). Velaya 1.1+En alpha. It doesn't have the DE speech.

catalinux
19.05.2009, 17:09
I think this is a bug: I have Alkil (that militia guy who formerly arranged fights in the harbor) sword but when I talk to him I have no option for the sword. First time I tried Velaya I had the option but not I don't have it.:dnuhr:

Sektenspinner
19.05.2009, 17:19
I think this is a bug: I have Alkil (that militia guy who formerly arranged fights in the harbor) sword but when I talk to him I have no option for the sword. First time I tried Velaya I had the option but not I don't have it.:dnuhr:Alrik won't introduce himself to you until you have the "Gerbrandt" quest. Could that be the reason?

catalinux
19.05.2009, 19:57
Alrik won't introduce himself to you until you have the "Gerbrandt" quest. Could that be the reason?

Yes I think this is the reason. I don't have the Gerbrandt quest.

Also there is something else... Constantino told me he can brew a new potion from 10 dark mushrooms and a meadow knotweed, I have the ingredient but he still tells me to first bring him the ingredients.

Sektenspinner
19.05.2009, 20:53
Yes I think this is the reason. I don't have the Gerbrandt quest.

Also there is something else... Constantino told me he can brew a new potion from 10 dark mushrooms and a meadow knotweed, I have the ingredient but he still tells me to first bring him the ingredients.That's odd. Try to drop an repick the ingedients.

If this does not work, could you please upload the savegame? I will have look at it.

catalinux
19.05.2009, 21:52
Sure. I will try the "drop" action and if it still doesn't work I'll upload tomorrow the savegame :)

Tratos
19.05.2009, 22:41
Try this (http://rapidshare.de/files/47213380/Velaya_1.1.zip.html). Velaya 1.1+En alpha. It doesn't have the DE speech.

Milady, I'm yours 4life. §danke

Larisa
20.05.2009, 10:20
Milady, I'm yours 4life. §danke

And put this (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/Velaya_ENGLISH.zip) on top of the rest. It's the latest update (0.91).

catalinux
20.05.2009, 16:26
That's odd. Try to drop an repick the ingedients.

If this does not work, could you please upload the savegame? I will have look at it.

It worked after restarting the game. I think this is not a bug - I only get the bonus after drinking 3 potions.

I will report more after finishing the mod :D

Tratos
20.05.2009, 17:11
And put this (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/Velaya_ENGLISH.zip) on top of the rest. It's the latest update (0.91).

New Game? / Restart?

Sektenspinner
20.05.2009, 18:28
New Game? / Restart?That is not necessary. The log entries, you have collected so far will not be fixed, but apart from that, there should not be any problems.

Tratos
20.05.2009, 21:01
That is not necessary. The log entries, you have collected so far will not be fixed, but apart from that, there should not be any problems.

K, great mod so far. I really like it.

catalinux
22.05.2009, 23:43
I need help. I'm in Chapter 3.

Thorben also needs Pliers but I have no idea what Pliers are (maybe it was wrong translated from German to English?)

I also need a Manager but I don't know who else should I ask. I remember someone told me he was used to paper and ink but I can't remember who was this guy...

And the zombies... I have no options with the priests. I don't know what should I do.

Tratos
23.05.2009, 15:00
Again, great mod, I'm in Khorinis finally. Fantastic work.

As for the manager, I strongly believe it's Erol.

Sektenspinner
23.05.2009, 15:30
I need help. I'm in Chapter 3.

Thorben also needs Pliers but I have no idea what Pliers are (maybe it was wrong translated from German to English?)Pliers are actually one tool (like in scissors there is no singular). In Gothic pliers are needed to use the rune-table. Those are pliers:
http://www.mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/screens/sonstiges/zange.jpg

I also need a Manager but I don't know who else should I ask. I remember someone told me he was used to paper and ink but I can't remember who was this guy...Tratos is right. He can be hard to find sometimes, because he travels between the tavern, Khorinis and his house.

And the zombies... I have no options with the priests. I don't know what should I do.What is your last log entry for the topic?

Larisa
23.05.2009, 16:26
@catalinux: search your inventory for 'mandible'.

catalinux
23.05.2009, 16:42
I solved with the zombies :D And finally Adanos took care for the damned ship!

I figured out that the pliers are the mandibles when finally learning how to make runes. So now I also have a beautiful house:gratz

As for the manager... thanks a lot I will ask him!

Let's see if I'll find the secret of the steel. Oh, and there is also Larius... I have 3 evidences against him but I still can't do anything. But don't tell me anything!

Right now I'm going to get myself a Manager!

Great mod you should be hired by Piranhas ;)

catalinux
25.05.2009, 15:20
So... I am in Chapter 4... I did (I believe) all the quests in the bandit camp... I have no option left with anybody... I don't have any idea how I could progress in the game. Maybe because in the beginning I said I was only looking for some gold and not that that guy is with Beliar?

Tratos
25.05.2009, 15:32
I can't figure out where can I find Dar's swampweed, so I can provoke him to a duel.

catalinux
25.05.2009, 16:14
I can't figure out where can I find Dar's swampweed, so I can provoke him to a duel.

you find the weed...

in the small church/temple near the burned mill

Sektenspinner
25.05.2009, 18:28
So... I am in Chapter 4... I did (I believe) all the quests in the bandit camp... I have no option left with anybody... I don't have any idea how I could progress in the game. Maybe because in the beginning I said I was only looking for some gold and not that that guy is with Beliar?If you solved (or failed) all the quest, i.e. there is nothing to do anymore, all you can do is wait.
As far as I remember a diary entry says so, whenever that's the case.

Sleeping until the next morning should solve your problem and the story will go on.

catalinux
26.05.2009, 00:25
I slept for 3 days, nothing happened. I think I will reload the game just before the... falling asleep :) and I'll chose another... attitude.

Tratos
26.05.2009, 13:08
^^^ But, I've been to that damned church. :(

catalinux
26.05.2009, 14:49
^^^ But, I've been to that damned church. :(

I found it there - it was lying near the altar. Only one heavy package. First I was searching in every damn chest at Onar farm and the surroundings, but no, the package was not in a chest, but in that little church/chapel. That one with a small yard - a few steps close to the place where Dar was smoking in G2.

Sektenspinner
26.05.2009, 16:26
I slept for 3 days, nothing happened. I think I will reload the game just before the... falling asleep :) and I'll chose another... attitude.This is not the reason and will not solve your problem.

In order for the story to go on the following has to be fullfilled:
You found Erol and talked to him (at the entry of the camp in the afternoon)
You have the Master Sword (or Ariabian Sword or whatever it is currently called, I'm not sure). That is the sword that Erol leaves for you.
Miguels Mission (Potions) has ended (fail or success)
Scattys Mission (Weed) has started
The digger Quest started.
The Cave mission with the dead Bandit ended (success)
Snaf's Spoon Quest has ended (fail or success)
Snaf's Axe Soup Quest has ended (success)
Snaf's Prisoner Meal Quest has ended (success)

@Tratos: Do you really have the entry "Hodges had the brilliant idea of filching Dar's favourite thing - his weed. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what will."
If you don't, you may have forgotten to talk to Hodges, for example after loading a game. The package will not appear until you talked to him about Dar.

catalinux
26.05.2009, 22:06
Erol? There? I wasn't expecting this!

All the quest are done (success) so I have to find Erol to give me the Ariabic Sword.

Back to the game :D

Tratos
27.05.2009, 16:22
I beat up Dar, but now, I can't find the casket and the shipwreck.

Larisa
27.05.2009, 17:19
I beat up Dar, but now, I can't find the casket and the shipwreck.

The shipwreck isn't one of the 2 that are visible from Khorinis; it's near the island, but underwater, where some planks float.

Take a look at the map (http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/VelayaEN.jpg) for a general idea where the shipwreck is.

catalinux
27.05.2009, 19:42
edit: I've just seen that place on the map from larissa :D I remember alreadysearching there but I'll give another look maybe I'll find those bastards!
/[spoiler]so... I liberated the water mages... everybody wishes me luck (Erol, Andre, water mages)... I found one of the bandits camp (where you first met the two grave robbers slipping), but I can't find the rest of the bandits, Sentenza (I hope Sentenza is the name of the lieder I am not so good in remembering names) and Larius :dnuhr:[spoiler]

I also have no clues in the Journal - after killing the bandits from that camp I got that "updated" info but there is nothing new in the Journal - at "Bandit's camp" I have only the first entry - it hasn't updated from the time before finding Erol at the gate of bandit's camp.

Sektenspinner
27.05.2009, 20:20
edit: I've just seen that place on the map from larissa :D I remember alreadysearching there but I'll give another look maybe I'll find those bastards!
/[spoiler]so... I liberated the water mages... everybody wishes me luck (Erol, Andre, water mages)... I found one of the bandits camp (where you first met the two grave robbers slipping), but I can't find the rest of the bandits, Sentenza (I hope Sentenza is the name of the lieder I am not so good in remembering names) and Larius :dnuhr:[spoiler]

I also have no clues in the Journal - after killing the bandits from that camp I got that "updated" info but there is nothing new in the Journal - at "Bandit's camp" I have only the first entry - it hasn't updated from the time before finding Erol at the gate of bandit's camp.You are probably not using the newest version.
In the release-version there have been inconsistencies in the log topic names, leading to missing log entries.

You should find the bandits if you go down the stairs behind Bengar's farm by the tents.
There should be far more than one bandit.

catalinux
27.05.2009, 21:12
I already killed those (is the same place - in those tents I first met the two grave robbers) - it wasn't easy... something like 7-8 and all attacking in the same time! Now I go looking for Sentenza and Larius ;)

catalinux
27.05.2009, 22:09
I did it! I finished the game! It took me 45 hours! Nice work! Great mod!:gratz

P.S. yes I wasn't using the newest version. But it was already more than good ;)

Gothic!
31.05.2009, 21:00
I have a question. When playing this mod, it's best to just train with dexterity, 1h combat, and bow right? I usually just train strength and 1h combat and I wish I could do that, but it seems impossible. I just got into ch.2 right now. This mod is great!

Sektenspinner
31.05.2009, 21:41
I have a question. When playing this mod, it's best to just train with dexterity, 1h combat, and bow right?Right.

VladCrau
03.06.2009, 18:24
I've read pretty much everything I could find about this mod, and I'm thinking about downloading it. But I have only one question: Velaya is a Gothic 2 NoTR mod, right? Then, can I travel to Jharkendar? Or the Valley of Mines?

Larisa
03.06.2009, 18:29
But I have only one question: Velaya is a Gothic 2 NoTR mod, right? Then, can I travel to Jharkendar? Or the Valley of Mines?

No, you can't travel to other zones. It's not an addon to the original G2NotR story, you'll play with a different character.

catalinux
04.06.2009, 13:15
You can't, but it's worth playing it. It has a great story and some unique features.

Tratos
09.06.2009, 22:08
New problem. Ch4 - bandit camp. Got first mission to find Hammfree. Did that, came out, finished the mission successfully. No 'The End' entry log. But whenever I approach ANY bandit in the camp, they attack and kill me. What's wrong?

Colmar
10.06.2009, 11:33
New problem. Ch4 - bandit camp. Got first mission to find Hammfree. Did that, came out, finished the mission successfully. No 'The End' entry log. But whenever I approach ANY bandit in the camp, they attack and kill me. What's wrong?

For the entry log I hadn't your problem
but I know that the bandits attack you if you exit from the cave with some weapon equipped

Tumil
23.06.2009, 11:26
Hi!
At least I managed to finish Velaya without any help (uff!), but it wasn't my main purpose. I tried to complete all the quests. Unfortunately, some of them are still missing and I don't have the time to play again, so I'm asking for your help.
First of them is the quest: "The lumberjack". After Grom had gone from his hut, I did'n even tried to seek for him until I found his dead body on the other side of mountain in the little camp of bandits. So my question is: I had to find him before bandits did it?
The next: "Cornelius": I found him in the cave near Lobart's farm and promised not to turn in him to mercenaries on the condition, that he will pay me a half of his dirty money, than I found Nagur in the magazine, cleared out the chests and then appaered a journal log, that some of the money dissapeared. I told it to Cornelius, beat him, return his diary and that's all... What should I have done after that?
Quest with Gerbrandt: I demanded some money with potions, but after receiving them from Salandril I can't speak to Gerbrandt any more. What's up?
Mission with teleport runes and actually with monastery rune: I don't even know how to enter the fire magitians' place.
Quest with source of steel (iron bars) - I don't know where Wulfgar is hiding them.
Quest from the bandits' camp: "Digger once - digger forever" - I've started it, but didin't develope in any way.
Constantino's potion: I managed to find all ingredients to prepare potion of hardness (that with Dragon Snapper Transform Scroll) and Velaya asked if he could prepare it again. That means that I have to find two more King's Sorrels and Dragonroots to complete the mission? As I know, there are about six(?) Kind Sorrels on Khorinis.
And the last question: the best weapon. After reaching certain level of dexerity (I think it's eighty), Cord gave me Shelly Raider - that was my weapon till the end. And for the bow: I bought the best one from Bosper: the Dragon Bow. Are there any better weapons?

So, thank you for all help you can provide me with:)

Sektenspinner
23.06.2009, 15:21
First of them is the quest: "The lumberjack". After Grom had gone from his hut, I did'n even tried to seek for him until I found his dead body on the other side of mountain in the little camp of bandits. So my question is: I had to find him before bandits did it?Either that, or you shouldn't have sent him away in the first place.

The next: "Cornelius": I found him in the cave near Lobart's farm and promised not to turn in him to mercenaries on the condition, that he will pay me a half of his dirty money, than I found Nagur in the magazine, cleared out the chests and then appaered a journal log, that some of the money dissapeared. I told it to Cornelius, beat him, return his diary and that's all... What should I have done after that?You should have talked to Nagur again, he would have told you, that some of the gold can still be found in the Ocean.

Quest with Gerbrandt: I demanded some money with potions, but after receiving them from Salandril I can't speak to Gerbrandt any more. What's up?Talk to Gerbrandt some days after you finished the quest, he should have made some money meanwhile.

Mission with teleport runes and actually with monastery rune: I don't even know how to enter the fire magitians' place.Fact is, you can't. But you can nevertheless find the rune. To the right of the entry of the monastry, you find a rock, that you can climb to reach the roof of the monastry, where the rune is located.

Quest with source of steel (iron bars) - I don't know where Wulfgar is hiding them.Wulfgar does not have it. But by coincidence, there is a guy in the upper quarter, that you put back into business again. ;)
He will be trading with steel.

Quest from the bandits' camp: "Digger once - digger forever" - I've started it, but didin't develope in any way.In the back part of the cave where you find the dead bandit, there is some ore you were expected to find for the diggers.

Constantino's potion: I managed to find all ingredients to prepare potion of hardness (that with Dragon Snapper Transform Scroll) and Velaya asked if he could prepare it again. That means that I have to find two more King's Sorrels and Dragonroots to complete the mission? As I know, there are about six(?) Kind Sorrels on Khorinis.Talk to him a day later and he should have one more (but less exotic) potion recipe ready.

And the last question: the best weapon. After reaching certain level of dexerity (I think it's eighty), Cord gave me Shelly Raider - that was my weapon till the end. And for the bow: I bought the best one from Bosper: the Dragon Bow. Are there any better weapons?Not for dexterity characters.

Tumil
23.06.2009, 17:00
What a comprehensive answer:) thanks a lot. I think I should play Velaya again after my exams. By the way, the translation is really good - I found some spelling mistakes and missing "Ende" during the chat with some random characters, but the rest is ok.
Thanks again and if someone will have some problems with completing the game I may help, but believe me, playing it on your own is much more enjoyable:)

ola123
27.06.2009, 16:01
HI i instaled velaya and workd is a really great mod for gothic2 but im stucked in chapter 3 i did the ship macrabe quest the plox quest and the zombie quest and now what .. how do i enter in chapter 4 plz help

Larisa
27.06.2009, 21:30
Iirc, you should follow the "Larius" quest. Investigate him, report to Andre, follow Larius at night to see where he's going.

ola123
27.06.2009, 22:45
well.. i got some prove against him i got the cornelius 1 the diggers 1 i meen grimes and stuff and the black roob the seeker roob but i talked with all ppl ingame and couldnt find anything alse §cry

Larisa
28.06.2009, 11:24
Check your journal also. Maybe you should also complete the 'barony' quests: build the manor, the diggers/rights for the mine, hire Erol, etc.
The mine belonged to Larius and there's a Beliar shrine in it. You should eventually get this entry in the journal for Larius quest:

"I believe the time has come to express to Lord Andre my bad feelings about the Governor. Larius has a few things to explain. I've been postponing this for too long now!"

When Andre doesn't believe you, confront Larius.

ola123
28.06.2009, 14:36
ok so first thx for reply .Ok so i've made all the quests i have made my home even got a teleport stone that thorben giv to me the diggers are working for me in the mine Erol is my manager and now im dooing the hanna quest but .. i can't speck with Lord Andre nothing about larius or with wolfgar and larius dosent go anywere at night ... he just stay in front of Lord Andre house till 22.00 and then he go to sleep. Is that bug .. i killed Luther is that correct ?

Sektenspinner
28.06.2009, 16:14
ok so first thx for reply .Ok so i've made all the quests i have made my home even got a teleport stone that thorben giv to me the diggers are working for me in the mine Erol is my manager and now im dooing the hanna quest but .. i can't speck with Lord Andre nothing about larius or with wolfgar and larius dosent go anywere at night ... he just stay in front of Lord Andre house till 22.00 and then he go to sleep. Is that bug .. i killed Luther is that correct ?No it's not a bug. Just follow your "normal" business and if you're finished with all the other quest (Hanna's Quest is required), you'll get the entry larisa spoke of.

ola123
28.06.2009, 18:33
ok thx alot . back to game :)

duan1
29.06.2009, 04:48
hi
can anyone tell me where is ancient ritual circle for mouldy amulet
it is in the quest destroy beliar shrine

Tumil
29.06.2009, 08:35
I think that's well-known circle in the north - place where Eye of Innos has been repaired. The problem is that the amulet is in dirty hands (bones?) of Goblin Skeleton standing nearby.

fragonard
30.06.2009, 01:53
Hi, great mod so far as I've gone. One question, though: I'm level 8 in chapter 2 with 20 1H and when I went to a trainer, it cost 3LP for a single point. Is this correct? How does the LP progression work? Also, I have 38 bow and that now costs 4LP per point yet DEX only cost 1LP all the way to 70.

Sektenspinner
30.06.2009, 15:24
Hi, great mod so far as I've gone. One question, though: I'm level 8 in chapter 2 with 20 1H and when I went to a trainer, it cost 3LP for a single point. Is this correct? How does the LP progression work? Also, I have 38 bow and that now costs 4LP per point yet DEX only cost 1LP all the way to 70.All attributes and talents cost 1 LP per point with the exception of strength, which costs 3 LP per point.

There is one further rule for the fighting talents, though: The corresponding talent needs to be dragged along with a maximum distance of 20%. This rule can lead to increased costs for the fighting talents.

Example:

You have 40% 1h-skill and 20% 2h-skill. If you want to learn 1h to the value of 45% you need 5 Learning points and an additional 5 Learning points for 2h to keep the distance at 20%.

If you happen to have 42% of bow-skill and 20% of crossbow-skill (which may happen because of a bonus) you will have to pay an additional (and possibly unexpected) ammount 2 learning points in order to restore the distance of 20% in the first place.

fragonard
30.06.2009, 16:35
Ah, I see. I did get a bow bonus from Niclas. Thanks for clarifying.

edit: a little more help please.
I'm near the end of chapter 2 (I think) and it's getting very difficult to do enough damage. I have 70 DEX and another 10 in items but I really need more. I have the LP but I can't find anyone to train over 70. Niclas hints there is a mercenary who can but I can't seem to find him. Can anyone tell me who it might be?

fragonard
04.07.2009, 19:32
I may have made a mistake; In the peeping tom quest, I tried to weaken the peeping tom with my bow but killed him by mistake. His body appeared with the sign in a scripted sequence but now I can't train anymore because the quest is still open. Is this a major problem for character development? Does it have any affect on access to Cord later? Thanks.

Sektenspinner
05.07.2009, 09:43
I may have made a mistake; In the peeping tom quest, I tried to weaken the peeping tom with my bow but killed him by mistake. His body appeared with the sign in a scripted sequence but now I can't train anymore because the quest is still open. Is this a major problem for character development? Does it have any affect on access to Cord later? Thanks.Yes, definately. Killing people is never a good idea, especially in this mod.
If you are familiar with the marvin mode I would suggest you reinsert Bau_973_Rukhar and finish the quest.

fragonard
05.07.2009, 20:37
Unfortunately, inserting him doesn't give me the message or any options with him. Is there a way to start the script manually?

Sektenspinner
05.07.2009, 21:14
Unfortunately, inserting him doesn't give me the message or any options with him. Is there a way to start the script manually?The Dialog doesn't work unless he sits. Thats due to the fact that every Npc stands after a teleport and the dialog shouldn't start until Rukhar is correctly "strapped" to the tree.
Apart from that there is no further condition.

fragonard
08.07.2009, 23:23
I decided to restart and have found a problem with hp. I reached level 3 and had 76hp max. I saved and reloaded a little later and now I have 57 hp max. This is a serious problem. I also thought there was a problem in my old game but I wasn't paying close attention; this time I kept track and confirm this change. What gives?

I went back to look at my old game and I had less than 100 health at level 16 - that can't be right, I would expect at least 200.

ApocaliptioGod
09.07.2009, 20:25
I have some other questions :
- in the apostates quest after i get the infos from oric i must kill all gurus there? (i'm still in ch2 , this quesst will be for ch3 ? )
- in larius quest , i've did hanna quest (10 votes ) and still nothing happen (larius dont go anywhere night ) and i found his black robe
-where i found the teleporter rune on xardas tower (i've searched a lot but nothing )
-in cornelius quest i've found nagur , go to cornelius and in the quest its say ...20.000 gold lost forever (bla bla bla) ..i can't speak with cornelius or nagur)
- i dont have any ideas what to do in the gun quest (crosbow with bulets trhowing)
- and again i dont have any ideas how to continue zuris quest ( with jora ...the cheap potions )
Poor english :D:D:D

fragonard
09.07.2009, 20:44
The Xardas rune is in the inventory of a "greedy goblin" near the tower.

For Zuris quest, you need to find Vino's lab behind a door in a cave in the valley just east of the city. Where the minstrels bodies are.

Apostate quest is for ch2.

Calvalorn can teach you to make powder and Brian can make bullets.

ApocaliptioGod
09.07.2009, 20:48
tenx dude :)

fragonard
10.07.2009, 02:13
OK, a further update on the health problem. I continued to level 6 and my health increased normally to about 90. I rested, got a training bonus and then my health was 45. This is unplayable; has anyone seen anything like this?

ApocaliptioGod
10.07.2009, 07:36
can someone tell me where i find the amulet of firemages for the holy hammer?
i've searched where you find the eye of innos >>>nothing ..and the stones in the forest behind akils farm ...

Edit: i've readed the priviest post and i've seen that the amulet was on a goblin skeleton ...I've killed all of them but i didn't search the bodyes and now when i had go back there nothing ..thats meen the game its finished for me ? (maiby a cheat or something to insert the amulet ? )§burn

fragonard
10.07.2009, 17:31
Unfortunately, it looks like Sektenspinner hasn't been around for a few days but there should be an insert code for it. Good luck.

Sektenspinner
12.07.2009, 20:18
I decided to restart and have found a problem with hp. I reached level 3 and had 76hp max. I saved and reloaded a little later and now I have 57 hp max. This is a serious problem. I also thought there was a problem in my old game but I wasn't paying close attention; this time I kept track and confirm this change. What gives?I do have an idea now:
Do you play with adjusted difficulty and reduced hitpoints of opponents?
Due to a bug Velaya's hitpoints are adjusted as well if she uses a transformation scroll. Possibly other actions can trigger the bug as well, once the difficulty is changed. Nobody seems to have noticed that specific correlation so far.

The bug can be fixed locally by setting aivar 97 of the player character to a high value (for example 999) prior to changing the difficulty. I will provide a fix for this bug in the next release of the English version.

@ApocaliptioGod: An insert-Code for the amulett you need is ItAm_Prot_Mage_01.
Oddly this amulet still has not the "mission" flag that prevents the bearing Npc from being removed from the world. I should have fixed this bug already, but seem to have forgotten.

fragonard
12.07.2009, 20:32
Ah... yes I did change enemy hp to 80% for the first two levels. That explains it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh well, I guess another new game couldn't hurt. Fortunately it's fun to play.

ApocaliptioGod
13.07.2009, 09:18
I'm stuched ....i've done Londre Andre quests and i cant go further
ps : - Larius its a secundary or primary quest (i didn't make it ..i dont know how :D )

Sektenspinner
13.07.2009, 18:23
I'm stuched ....i've done Londre Andre quests and i cant go further
ps : - Larius its a secundary or primary quest (i didn't make it ..i dont know how :D )Are there quests that are still open?

fragonard
13.07.2009, 18:23
"The bug can be fixed locally by setting aivar 97 of the player character to a high value (for example 999) prior to changing the difficulty."

What is the syntax for that change? If I use edit abilities, it returns:
aivar : (100)

I tried various combinations of : and = but nothing works. I've started a new game but I'd like to know for future reference.

Also, while you fixing things, would it be possible to have the adjustment menu highlight the current value when you enter it? Now, if you open the menu, 60 is always highlighted so if if you leave the menu you could inadvertently change to 60.

Thanks for your help (and a great mod)

Sektenspinner
13.07.2009, 19:12
"The bug can be fixed locally by setting aivar 97 of the player character to a high value (for example 999) prior to changing the difficulty."

What is the syntax for that change? If I use edit abilities, it returns:
aivar : (100) Just type in
"edit abilities"
"aivar"
"97 = 999"

Also, while you fixing things, would it be possible to have the adjustment menu highlight the current value when you enter it? Now, if you open the menu, 60 is always highlighted so if if you leave the menu you could inadvertently change to 60.No, I have no influence on that.

ApocaliptioGod
13.07.2009, 19:34
Are there quests that are still open?

-Secret of steel
-bulet Throwing crosbow
- magic ore for harald
-better prices
-scavenger breading
-larius
-corneluis
-lighthause
-curious bodo
-fallen and alwin

Sektenspinner
13.07.2009, 21:39
In order for the quest to continue, the following has to be fullfilled:

Quest "Apostates" successful
Quest "The old mine" successful
Quest "Women's conspiracy" successfull
Quest "Ship macabre" successfull
Quest "House construction" successfull (or Thorben died)Oddly though, none of these quests seems to be in your log.
Perhaps your not even at the point I think you are. Did you already get and solve the Quest "Ship macabre"?

ApocaliptioGod
14.07.2009, 07:17
In order for the quest to continue, the following has to be fullfilled:

Quest "The old mine" successful
Quest "Ship macabre" successfull
Quest "House construction" successfull (or Thorben died)Oddly though, none of these quests seems to be in your log.
Perhaps your not even at the point I think you are. Did you already get and solve the Quest "Ship macabre"?

i think i solve the problem ....i get hause construction (only) ..after that i will geth more ?

Where i find pliers (and what are :| ) ,and molearat fat,and what kind of axe? :d

Colmar
15.07.2009, 08:59
i think i solve the problem ....i get hause construction (only) ..after that i will geth more ?

Where i find pliers (and what are :| ) ,and molearat fat,and what kind of axe? :d

Quest "House construction" is related also to the quest "The old mine" about the mine near the new Velaya's house....

Pliers are simply the mandibles used to create runes :)
I remember that you can buy molerat fat from Rengaru or Jora, while I forget what kind of axe you need for Thorben.

migwell
16.07.2009, 00:27
I'm only seeing this gameplay thread and the translation thread for Velaya, but I have an installation question.

I have Vista and have installed the 2.7 version of NOTR. The sequence given for mod installation is:

1. Version 2.6 (in German) Won't give me the go ahead to install even when directed to C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Gothic II\, where the game is located.

2. report version (gothic fix 1.30) Won't give me an OK on the same location.

3. Velaya

4. English patch

Since I cannot get the first 2 to work, I can't proceed. G2 and NOTR both work fine from their .exe's.

fragonard
16.07.2009, 16:54
I don't have Vista but I've heard that there can be problems installing games under Program Files. I installed Velaya in a separate folder using the GOG version.
Maybe it would be worth trying to make your installation C:\Velaya\Gothic II

Sektenspinner
16.07.2009, 19:27
2. report version (gothic fix 1.30) Won't give me an OK on the same location.You got the wrong report version. 1.3 is for Gothic 2 Vanilla. 2.6 ist for Gothic 2 NotR.

ApocaliptioGod
17.07.2009, 11:57
Bug or what ... Myxir has disappeared .. Im in ch3 at Ship Macabre ..i talked with Myxir near Orlans tharben to get him some herbs...i accepted and he say we'l meet at constatino ...i have all the plants (1 kins sorrel ,5 Med K , 10 heal herb, 10 plane bery ) and Myxir nowhere ...

ps : i can not insert any characters in the game i ghet Don't send !

migwell
17.07.2009, 15:04
* You need Gothic 2 - Night of the Raven in the version 2.6
* You have to install the report version of Gothic 2, which is an international version that supports the German and the English language and has several other advantages.
* You have to install the Velaya modification (Version 1.1). You can get it on this page. The installer is in German, but that shouldn't be a problem.
* You can install the German voice output if you like to. You find it on the same page as the Installer for the mod itself.
* You have to install the English patch, that is currently available here.

This is the procedure as explained on the Velaya site. The report patch link was giving me the 1.30 fix for some reason, but finally I have gotten the 2.6 fix. Will reinstall and retry. Thanks!

(Still it's the first step, the version 2.6 .exe, that won't install. Is this the FIRST step? We'll see.)

OK, I reinstalled the game and have the same problem, neither the fix or the patch will install. I direct them both to the proper location and cannot click 'install'.

Fragonard, you said "GOG version" but must mean WoG version? Or not. So you say I should install Velaya into a separate folder? How about the non-installation of the 2.6 .exe and the 2.6 fix, isn't that necessary? Well anyway, I have lots of games installed under Program Files with no problems...

fragonard
17.07.2009, 17:32
I meant Good old Games. (GOG.com) They sell a DRM free (no disk) version of both Gothic and Gothic2 Gold for $9.99 each.
I have three installations: one for Height of Power, one for CP 1.01a and one for Velaya. Only the Velaya one requires the alternate .exe and that is in its own directory.
As far as the Program Files comment, I have heard of Vista installation problems with Morrowind and Oblivion so maybe there is something similar with Gothic, just a guess. The solution to the MW/OB problems is usually a separate directory.

migwell
21.07.2009, 16:52
Not much help here. What I have is the Gothic Gold on 4 cd's and also my original Gothic 2 on 3 cd's.

I have been using the Gold set to install, but cannot get the various necessary patches to install although the games (G2 and NOTR) both run OK.

So next I will try the 3 original G2 cd's plus the 4th from the Gold set, which is NOTR. Should I install Velaya and its stuff before NOTR or after everything is installed? It occurs to me that I should put the 'report' patch on just G2 before installing NOTR. Or not???

Sektenspinner
21.07.2009, 18:47
Not much help here. What I have is the Gothic Gold on 4 cd's and also my original Gothic 2 on 3 cd's.

I have been using the Gold set to install, but cannot get the various necessary patches to install although the games (G2 and NOTR) both run OK.

So next I will try the 3 original G2 cd's plus the 4th from the Gold set, which is NOTR. Should I install Velaya and its stuff before NOTR or after everything is installed? It occurs to me that I should put the 'report' patch on just G2 before installing NOTR. Or not???Velaya will not install until you have the German or international Version of Gothic2.exe (version 2.6) installed. I uploaded my Gothic2.exe (http://velaya.worldofgothic.com/temp/Gothic2.rar), perhaps this solves your problem. Don't forget to backup your version before replacing it.

fragonard
21.07.2009, 19:32
Quick question: the Paladin offers to teach you to defeat Orks and charges 5LP but nothing seems to change in your attributes. Is there a hidden damage factor or something like that?

Sektenspinner
21.07.2009, 21:41
Quick question: the Paladin offers to teach you to defeat Orks and charges 5LP but nothing seems to change in your attributes. Is there a hidden damage factor or something like that?Yes. To be precise: The protection values of the orcs are reduced significantly.

migwell
22.07.2009, 03:23
Thanks, Sektenspinner, I will try this!

Edit: Yes, got it working. I used the older G2 cd's for install + the Gothic Gold NOTR cd + your .exe file and it worked. Thank you!

ApocaliptioGod
28.07.2009, 03:38
Bug or what ... Myxir has disappeared .. Im in ch3 at Ship Macabre ..i talked with Myxir near Orlans tharben to get him some herbs...i accepted and he say we'l meet at constatino ...i have all the plants (1 kins sorrel ,5 Med K , 10 heal herb, 10 plane bery ) and Myxir nowhere ...

ps : i can not insert any characters in the game i get error !

I don't know what to do, maybe anyone of you take my save and insert Myxir ..... I do not have any ideas

Sektenspinner
28.07.2009, 08:16
Perhaps he's already in the cave with the teleporter platform outside the city.

If not then try
goto vob KDW_1403_Addon_Myxir_NW
and if that doesn't get you to him try
insert KDW_1403_Addon_Myxir_NW

fragonard
29.07.2009, 02:37
Finished it!

This was an impressively large, long (34hours) experience and very high quality as well. I would recommend this mod to anyone; thank you.

I missed just a few quests, final rest and old love. The first because I didn't realize I was as far along as I thought and the second because of the improved armor related quest. In fact I hope this could be modified slightly. I didn't have enough money for the robe when the quest started and not long after, I had the plate armor from Wolf. Maybe there should be a choice to return Theckla's armor if you get wolf's as well as the robe - a minor point, though. Great mod.

Sektenspinner
29.07.2009, 09:25
Maybe there should be a choice to return Theckla's armor if you get wolf's as well as the robe - a minor point, though. Great mod.This is possible but connected to the robe quest, assuming that most players have enough money for it. ;)

migwell
31.07.2009, 16:51
Velaya can Gerbrandt
but also track and monitor how the colonel adter speaks with Borka.
The T ursteher turn on denWeg to ski swachen. Aha!
The boys verticken steel K Onigkeit under the hand! Velaya can set a
of both are a key steal and Ussel the small box at the end of the
O Piers NEN.

This is literally the Google translation of the walkthrough concerning the secret of the steel! It all comes out like this, very garbled and with a lot untranslated. I can see that having tracked Borka to the ship, I'm supposed to steal a key. (very 'under the hand' of me!) No idea where though. Will press on...

Sektenspinner
31.07.2009, 17:59
If you follow Borka to the ship you will see him talk to the guards.
Knowing that, you can go to one of the guards and steel the key if you have learned pickpocketing.

migwell
31.07.2009, 22:18
Thanks again.

I figured it out, never bothering with this skill before. I also needed the Jailer's key and was anxious to finally get to Chapter 3, finishing as many quests as I could on the Chapter 2 list.

ApocaliptioGod
01.08.2009, 10:30
You have the Master Sword (or Ariabian Sword or whatever it is currently called, I'm not sure). That is the sword that Erol leaves for you.

i'm in ch4 in the bandits camp and i can't go further in the story.....
I've done all theat quest but i Dont have the Master (Arabian ) Sword ,Erol dont give me the sword , Where i cand findit? :D

Sektenspinner
01.08.2009, 10:50

i'm in ch4 in the bandits camp and i can't go further in the story.....
I've done all theat quest but i Dont have the Master (Arabian ) Sword ,Erol dont give me the sword , Where i cand findit? :DIf you talked with him about the sword, you should find it at (mid)night at the broken cart next to the entry of the valley.

ApocaliptioGod
01.08.2009, 13:09
Finished :gratz ...I've done all the quests exept travel runes because i didn't searched the goblin body near xardas tower and its disappeared :p

LVL : 37
TIME : 38:47
Special thanks: Sektenspinner (for help)

GREAT MOD

:tanz::tanz:^2^§hehe§thx§rofl§rofl§rofl§finger2§herz§ice§ice:gratz:gratz:p§danke §danke§pl§pl§pl§pl§knin§knin§5troet§respekt§knuff§knuddel:baetsch:$tanz§klatsch

ps : yes i know , to much enthusiasm §list

migwell
03.08.2009, 21:26
Yes, finished! A very good mod and pretty much bug-free! Thanks to all the mod makers.

One thing though, no music... it's a pretty quiet mod if you're using long subtitles and don't even have the German voices. No big deal though.

Sektenspinner
04.08.2009, 00:24
One thing though, no music... it's a pretty quiet mod if you're using long subtitles and don't even have the German voices. No big deal though.There should be music. Did you accidently deactivate it in your settings?

migwell
05.08.2009, 03:09
No, I rechecked and everything is on and turned up. I got to listen to my own music as a result while playing the game and that wasn't too bad. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Well, having finished Velaya, I have started 'Returning' and have the same sound problem. If I stand right next to the musician in the Tavern and turn the volume up really loud, I can hear the guitar, but all the other sounds are way too loud. I've changed all the possible in-game settings and checked the .ini as well... Music is there, but so quiet at normal sound levels that it can't be heard.

RE-EDIT: Found the solution. This is a Vista problem and a small patch is available here on WoG. Gothic2-VistaSP1 Backgroundmusic-Patch.

elkston
28.08.2009, 19:10
Hi,

I recently installed Velaya w/ the English patch and am having a good time so far.

I do have a question, however. I am pretty early in the game and I'd like to know where I can go to train 1-handed swords after getting the initial boost from Cord?

I can't seem to find anyone else around Onar's farm or the Tavern. So far I have found trainers for: Crossbow, Bow, Dexterity, Strength, Thief skills, early fire magic ...

but not 1H swords?

I was hoping I could get trained in this past Rookie level before I venture out further towards Khorinis.

Sektenspinner
28.08.2009, 19:58
1h Trainers are:

Buster (only if you were interested in the opening dialogue)
Wulfgar (only between 5:00 and 5:30 in the morning)
Cord (after the quest "Training")
Alrik (later in the game and only if you visit him in his "old corner")

So if you chose the wrong option in busters opening dialogue you won't be able to learn 1h skills untill you are either in the city or finished the quest "Training".

elkston
28.08.2009, 20:04
1h Trainers are:

Buster (only if you were interested in the opening dialogue)

So if you chose the wrong option in busters opening dialogue you may have a hard time till you are either in the city or finished the quest "Training".

I'm not sure what happened here, but I must have not chosen the "right" option with him, because he is not offering 1H training. So if I didn't choose it at the right point, I am out of luck then? Permanently?

I guess I'll try to finish "Training" then. Is that quest "tuned" for beginners so it is completable at this early stage? I really don't want to have to restore so far back just so I can get Buster's dialogue right.

fragonard
28.08.2009, 20:52
It's possible but very difficult. Really, it just depends on luck to get a couple of criticals in the confrontation. It took me three tries, I think.

elkston
28.08.2009, 22:24
I went ahead and finished the training and unlocked Cord's options, so everything is fine now.

Should have done it earlier, actually, before I tried to venture out further (for stat upgrades and extra experience from the Peeping Tom - LOL).

P.S. - It took me 3 times to knock down Ruhkhar as well. He seemed to always get in a lucky critical and take off a lot of damage.

elkston
29.08.2009, 15:07
I just got to Chapter 2.

Fragnord, I remember you mentioning that you waited too long to complete the "Last Rest" quest.

Does this quest need to be done in Chapter 1 to succeed? I killed some of the ghosts, but decided to come back later because I just wasn't strong enough yet.

I ask this now so I can decide whether to proceed on with going into the city or to go back and finish "Last Rest".

ApocaliptioGod
29.08.2009, 15:35
LOL :confused:
you play the game ...you must decide where to go and what to do

ps :the quest last quest its not so hard you need just one fire rain :C::C::C:

fragonard
29.08.2009, 18:44
I just got to Chapter 2.

Fragnord, I remember you mentioning that you waited too long to complete the "Last Rest" quest.

You can do it anytime but it's hard. I tried it in ch.3 but I wasn't strong enough and then I ended up finishing the game before I got back to it.

I didn't think of fire rain - good idea.

elkston
30.08.2009, 00:16
OK, what gives here? :)

In Chapter 2:

I save the town from a pending Goblin invasion, am told to see Lord Andre as he may reward me, and yet the guards won't let me in because I am a woman?

Alright, what is barring my advance at this point? Obviously there is some quest I haven't done which will "unlock" this.

From a purely story perspective, I think finishing the Goblin quest should at least earn you an audience with Andre regardless of anything else you might not have done.

fragonard
30.08.2009, 00:34
Go around the building and find the gardener who will play a little trick on the guards. Then run in while they're not looking.

elkston
30.08.2009, 00:50
Go around the building and find the gardener who will play a little trick on the guards. Then run in while they're not looking.

Thanks for the tip, but the gardner won't help me because "the town thinks you are a criminal". This is what he says in response to the dialogue option -- "I could use your help to play a little joke".

I did have to steal the Chainmail armor from the militia man's chest (Goblin quest), but paid my fees to Wulfgar for that.

:dnuhr:

P.S. - Maybe I should try casting "Oblivion" on him?

fragonard
30.08.2009, 01:03
I'm not sure but I seem to remember Wulfgar saying (about another fine) that he would spread the word or something like that. You might have to wait another day for your reputation to return. Maybe Sektenspinner will be around to clarify that point.

elkston
30.08.2009, 01:09
I'm not sure but I seem to remember Wulfgar saying (about another fine) that he would spread the word or something like that. You might have to wait another day for your reputation to return. Maybe Sektenspinner will be around to clarify that point.

Nevermind. It was my mistake. I always make frequent saves in multiple slots and this time I had restored from a point where I actually had NOT paid my fines yet.

When I restored the right save game, the gardener conversation went through correctly.

elkston
30.08.2009, 23:45
Can anyone help with a bit of a cheat?

I sold Thekla's armor as soon as I got the fire mage robe. Honestly, it was almost an involuntary action as that is what I usually do when I play Gothic and get better armor.

I only realized later that I need to return it to her in order to complete the "improving armor" quest. I went back to the guy I sold it to (The fire magician down the road from the monastery), but it is gone now.

I mean yes, it is the decent thing to do since she loaned it to you, but after you into it and playing, sometimes you forget about such things and fall back into old "RPG" habits. Especially in games like Gothic where money is not easy to come back in teh early goings.

Anyway, can someone post the sequence I need to get into the console and then the commands to insert Thekla's armor back into my inventory?

Optionally, you can also tell me how much experience and anything else I may be missing by not completing the "Improving Armor".

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - A tip for the designers. Make Thekla's Armor a quest item or something worth 0 gold so it cannot be sold by accident (or intentionally).

elkston
30.08.2009, 23:54
Another 2 questions:

The "Cornelius" quest:

Will we be notified when no more bags of gold can be found in the water? I've found 14 so far.

Jack's lighthouse rune:

I've searched the theives' island, gotten a hint about "maybe there is something else somewhere", but am truly stumped now. Should I keep searching on the island or is the rune somewhere completely different (but still out at sea).

P.S. - I found the shipwreck survivor (another quest).

Sektenspinner
31.08.2009, 10:21
As for the armor: You can buy a leather armor from Orlan in the tavern. Thekla won't recognize the difference.

Will we be notified when no more bags of gold can be found in the water? I've found 14 so far.
No. For the quest it's sufficient to find one as far as I remember.
I never liked long diving tours... Searching under water is a pain. Thorough searching may help you find more of the gold, but nothing else.
I'm not even sure how many gold pockets are down there. 14 sounds like you got all or nearly all of them.

I've searched the theives' island, gotten a hint about "maybe there is something else somewhere", but am truly stumped now. Should I keep searching on the island or is the rune somewhere completely different (but still out at sea).In fact, in the exact same cave there is another hidden lever. But it's not a torch this time. ;)

elkston
31.08.2009, 16:40
Sektenspinner,

Thank you for the tips.

BTW, A correction: I found 13 bags before calling it quits. You're right, after a while searching the ocean becomes tedious.

For those curious, I found bags as far out west as the edge of the "Thieves Island" (the Khorinis side). However, they are all within the region encompassed by the city harbor -- they do not extend to the area where the Paladin ship is nor do they go as far north as that private beach cove.

elkston
01.09.2009, 05:11
Now I am stumped with the "Building Construction" quest. I have found 2 guards and 2 work assistants for MY place. I also have Thorben's working tools.

What I can't find are the people who will guard Thorben's shop in Khorinis while he is gone.

Any ideas? I looked around the harbor and got zip. No one on Onar's farm interested, nor the tavern.

Do we really need to find the people to guard HIS place or is that just some extra detail in the notes? And BTW, here are the exact tools I have in case that is the issue.

3 saws
2 axes (I bought the weapon that simply says "Axe". Is this right?)
2 "pliers" (In the English version these are called Mandibles. This is a translation quirk)
3 hammers

So I have all the tools, have the personel, yet there is still no new dialogue option with Thorben.

Sektenspinner
01.09.2009, 08:00
Ask Pablo. He will guard Thorben's place.

elkston
01.09.2009, 16:48
Minor correction in the English translation ( I will have more comments when I finish the mod).

In the "Healing Potion for the Harbor Smallpox ..." quest, Myxir says that he needs you to collect 10 healing herbs, 1 king's sorrel, 10 planetberrys, and 5 meadowknotweeds.

Take note that in the English version of the game, there are "healing plants", and "healing herbs". Each one is a distinct item (with the herb variety being less common and more valuable).

Anyway, the mistake is that Myxir actually accepts 10 healing plants, not healing herbs as the quest description suggests.

elkston
01.09.2009, 20:55
I found out the trigger for Chapter 4, so now I reloaded an earlier save and am cleaning up quests from Chapter 3.

The two remaining which I am stuck on:

"Gerbrant"

I am at the stage where I THINK I need to find the old incriminating letter that Diego wrote in G2. My guess is that it is in the Judge's house, but I don't have a key to that chest and I don't know pickpocket. Am I on the right track and I do I need pickpocket to finish this quest (without violence that is)

"Secret of Steel"

From reading the hints here, it seems I need to complete "Gerbrant" before attempting to finish this quest. I am currently stuck on Wulfgar not cooperating.

EDIT: Nevermind. The chest was staring me right in the face!!! I just waited until night when the Gov. and Judge were gone to pick it.

dippsydenejkine
03.09.2009, 07:26
Hey, three questions. The stonemason quest seems to be extremely difficult to complete. I am up to the part where I have talked to the Stonemason, and where he believes that the rival store is not the reason for the disappearances of his items. The entry in the journal says something about whether the thief would appear this night. Well, I can say that nothing happens during the day at the stonemasons, so I have no idea what to do.

Next question, is where can I find Nagur?

Final question, where is the Harbour rune?

dippsydenejkine
03.09.2009, 11:37
Also, about the Nagur and Cornelius situation. I have exhausted all dialog from Cornelius with the final entry stating, where can I find 10000 gold in the harbour?
I believe the next step is talking to Nagur, and he is nowhere.

ApocaliptioGod
03.09.2009, 13:31
ok... you cand find nagur in the hause where its the packege of swampweed (in the hause next where allrick fight in notr)
All the gold its in bags... you cand find some with nagur and the rest its in the sea , you must swim and you find them

dippsydenejkine
03.09.2009, 13:33
Dang. That is the only place I didn't check. I will confirm if he is there later. Any ideas where rune is? I checked towers and everything but can't find anything.
Still no clue on stonemason quest either.

fragonard
03.09.2009, 16:46
The rune is on the docks near where Lares was in the original.

catalinux
03.09.2009, 17:12
for the stonemason...

wait near him in the night. the thief will appear

dippsydenejkine
03.09.2009, 22:32
Thanks guys! I will see what happens, I just woke up and and am about to play :D

Thanks guys! I found the rune, nagur, and took me a while but I now know how to do the stonemason quest.

dippsydenejkine
05.09.2009, 08:44
Hey guys, me again. As far as I am concerned, I am nearing the finish of Chapter 2 (I think I am seeing as it has been very long and I am now doing the Army of Brutes/Beliar shrine quests), and that exactly what I need help with. My character is extremely powerful so the army of brutes aren't a problem, but I still need two things:

- A key to the Thieves guild
- And more crawler plates (I currently have 10, and I gave 10 previously to Matteo. Now neither have the plates, and I need two more. I think I have cleared all the caverns with the crawlers. Damn, just two :( )

Apart from that, everything is going as smooth as ice.

Unbelievable mod by the way. These guys should be working with PB :D

fragonard
05.09.2009, 17:58
Kardif has the key but you need to get the info from Hanna - some quest requirements needed, I think. Can't remember exactly.

AngelOfGothic
05.09.2009, 22:59
Some questions:
1)Jack has asked me to bring him a rune do i need to make it or i need to buy it and what rune?
2)I can't find rukhar,he was suposed to be near the tree,after i catched him but now it isn't and the sign neither,so what can i do?
3)For goblin quest i already found the 2 artefacts from Bennet and Sagitta where is the old chainmail or whateever the name ?
4)I am tired of this leather armour where can i found a better armour and in what chapter?
5)How much time can i spend training-for how many days?
6)What is nice people-a quest,cause i found it in the general information but it looks like i have to do something?

fragonard
05.09.2009, 23:18
1. It's supposed to be on the island in the treasure room but I never found it.

2.Did you forget to release him after 2 or 3 days?

3. ask around and you'll find out it's owned by a militia in the upper quarter. You can steal it in the barracks.

4. After the goblin quest there will be two ways to get better armor eventually, one involves getting minecrawler plates.

5. If you mean on the island, not many. You have to switch to trainers, mainly Cord for dex and 1H. (edit: if you've messed up the rukhar quest and can't complete it, Cord won't train you and he's the only one who can train past 40 dex. I did something similar on my first try and had to restart. The game is not playable after that.

6. IIRC, it's just useful info.

AngelOfGothic
05.09.2009, 23:29
No it hadn't past even a day.Reloading doesn't work either

fragonard
06.09.2009, 01:22
OK, let me get this straight. You beat up Rukhar and he ended up tied near a tree after a cutscene. Then you came back and he wasn't there. Is that correct? Is your helper still nearby? What does your log say?

edit: Is it possible that you mistakenly loaded a save from before you beat up Rukhar? I know I've done that sort of thing once or twice.

AngelOfGothic
06.09.2009, 08:31
OK, let me get this straight. You beat up Rukhar and he ended up tied near a tree after a cutscene. Then you came back and he wasn't there. Is that correct? Is your helper still nearby? What does your log say?

edit: Is it possible that you mistakenly loaded a save from before you beat up Rukhar? I know I've done that sort of thing once or twice.

I found him.

AngelOfGothic
06.09.2009, 08:47
Can somebody translate this?Cause the browser translators don't do a good job at all half is german text and half is english text here (http://velaya.worldofgothic.com/download/Velaya_Komplettloesung.pdf)

dippsydenejkine
07.09.2009, 13:11
Is it me, or is the rune hidden in a very secret location on the thieves island, as I checked every corner and there is nothing.

dippsydenejkine
07.09.2009, 13:42
Also, I have the rune for the ship macabre quest, but there is no way to enter the ship, and no clue as to what to do next. I have tried everything, I even cheated my way onto the ship and nothing happens. BTW, Myxir has left the city and went to the Tavern, but he is not giving me any quest. If anyone knows what is happening, please reply, thanks :D

Sektenspinner
07.09.2009, 19:09
In order to get the rune pull the waterpipe.

And for your other problem: Go and talk to Kardif. :)

The Demon Of Gotha
10.09.2009, 17:14
§wink
Eh i dont know if this is the right place but can someone help me?
Ive installed the game but its in german and when i try to install the english patch G1 starter comes up. Can anybody help?

dippsydenejkine
11.09.2009, 07:32
:gratz:gratz Thank you everyone for this mod. I have just completed this mod which is around 30 hours long. This also means, I have finished making all of my Gothic 2 - Velaya videos (a total of 150 or so). :gratz:gratz

I hope to play some of the other mods this community has to offer :D

Thanks to Schreiberling and Sektenspinner and everyone else who made this mod possible!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you guys are to create a patch, I can help out with some of the English translation for the Journal, as some of the entries have minor mistakes, but a very small amount are difficult to understand and can be misleading (search for bandit rapier mainly).
I can do this by reading journal entries and fixing up mistakes in the entries. If you guys need any help, just contact me by PM. Thanks again for this great mod guys! :gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:g ratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz:gratz

AngelOfGothic
13.09.2009, 11:48
After i talk to Oric in apostates quest what do i do,killing everybody or run away to report it?And if i have to kill them with who should i talk with after that?
In breeding scavenger quest or whatever where should i bring the 3 scavengers cause the farmers attack them?
Tymerian quest what should i do exactly cause i don't understand with who should i talk,what should i look for or anything.

Sektenspinner
13.09.2009, 11:52
After i talk to Oric in apostates quest what do i do,killing everybody or run away to report it?And if i have to kill them with who should i talk with after that?Kill everybody and go to Lord Andre afterwards.

In breeding scavenger quest or whatever where should i bring the 3 scavengers cause the farmers attack them?Bring them into the area within the fences several meters west of Akils farm.

Tymerian quest what should i do exactly cause i don't understand with who should i talk,what should i look for or anything. What quest are you talking about?

AngelOfGothic
13.09.2009, 11:59
What quest are you talking about?

Tymerian medicine i think

Nevermind,i finished it.

AngelOfGothic
14.09.2009, 13:49
Ok.I have 3 scavenger there and all of them oare femeles.With i Akill and Orlan i have no option and the quest log isn't helping me either. What do i do now?

Sektenspinner
14.09.2009, 14:17
The males are those that are hoping around wildly.

dippsydenejkine
14.09.2009, 22:07
Hey Sekti, I got an idea. When you release your next patch, if possible, consider placing the Scavenger quest during the time you are at Onar's Farm in chapter 1. The reason for this, is because (maybe this is just me, who knows), I killed almost every scavenger in the game before entering Chapter 2, only then I realised it is a bad thing to do. Scavenger Breeding is also the only quest I didn't complete in Velaya.

Just a suggestion :D

Sektenspinner
14.09.2009, 22:16
There are new scavengers spawning for the quest, so it is still solvable.

Besides: I try to avoid content changes of any kind so that the final German version and the English version are identical to keep savegames interchangeable (and solutions and walkthroughs valid).
The only change I will make is a bugfix related to the difficulty adjustment.

Edit: Concerning the savegames: The log will still be a serious mess when using a savegame that was made in another language. But appart from that everything should work fine.

masmune
15.09.2009, 11:11
can any1 help me out

im stuck on trying to find chilled grapes for baltram, im upto where the journal says 'chillied' gives me an idea

and i have no idea what to do...

Sektenspinner
15.09.2009, 12:53
There is an icecube in Sagitta's Cave. Go and talk to her.

nirolF
16.09.2009, 13:50
Congrats for the mod. I have just started to play and it's very enjoyable.

I'm still in the first chapter. I would like to know the average or max level that can be achieved so i can plan the leveling.
I suppose it would be a bad idea to start spending LP everywhere.
I usually like to combine 2 styles (magic+1h, 1h/2h+(x)bow). Can I use this here or do I have to concentrate only on one thing?

Sektenspinner
16.09.2009, 17:27
There are only three fighting styles that make sense in Velaya:
1h with dexterity based weapons
Bow
Magic (only the first two circles)The fact that only the first two circles of magic are available makes a pure mage character impossible, but magic can still be very useful in many situations.

I would recommend to train 1h and optionally magic at first and focus on the bow in the end.

nirolF
16.09.2009, 18:08
thanks for the info.

So .. there are enough LP to spend on all 3 of them in one game play and still have a viable character?

The circles correspond with those in the original game or are they altered?
From what I remember the runes from the first and second circle are good only for easy enemies.

Anyway, from the playtime so far I see the strength of the mod are the quests and story + all those little features (i love the "fry all" option; also the difficulty changer is very nice).

fragonard
16.09.2009, 19:46
Unfortunately, only a subset of the circle 1 and 2 spells are available so I didn't find mage useful; just my opinion. Bow and Dex was the way I played it and after the first chapter it was pretty smooth sailing. By the next to the last Chapter, you can have 160 Dex and the Dragon bow which dominates everything.

edit: watch out for the difficulty changer, it's bugged. There are a few posts in this thread about dealing with the problems. I ended up restarting the game because of it.

Sektenspinner
16.09.2009, 20:01
From what I remember the runes from the first and second circle are good only for easy enemies.Healing is very useful in my opinion. And with two fireballs you can fry a skeleton. A summoned wolf may also be helpful in some situations for tactical reasons.

But if you want to optimize your character for the toughest enemies you may be disappointed that your fireball or icelance does not do a lot of damage. But magic helps you in the beginning and since it doesn't cost you too much LP it can be worth spending some of your experience there.

Korianous
17.09.2009, 03:41
edit: watch out for the difficulty changer, it's bugged. There are a few posts in this thread about dealing with the problems. I ended up restarting the game because of it.

I haven't yet had time for a full-playthrough, but tell me more about the issue.

fragonard
17.09.2009, 04:18
If you change difficulty, there are at least two conditions (I'm not really sure exactly) that will reduce your HP. Sektenspinner knows about using a transformation spell and there is at least one other.

Here's my tale: I changed difficulty two or three times in ch.1 and realized at level6 that my HP was about 34 less than it should have been. At the next level up, it decreased about 6 points. At that point I brought it up here and that's when Sekt mentioned the bug. Since I had already made some less than optimal character decisions by then, I restarted and had no further trouble.

Sektenspinner
17.09.2009, 14:12
Changing the health of opponents in the difficulty settings, changes Velayas health as well. But the change of Velayas HP is only applied if you transform into an anmial (and possibly some other cases).

I describes how to avoid it earlier. In the final release of the English version (which I will compile as soon as I have the voice output for intro and extro) this bug will be fixed.

Does anyone of you know a girl or woman with good english pronounciation and the equipment to record a few lines? XendoX does not reply to my PMs any more.

AngelOfGothic
17.09.2009, 16:12
I need help with Larius quest,where should i get the money:i found some of them on the houses,in the house where it used to be the swampweed package,in Nagur possesion and in the sea,where i am i supposed to find more.
Oh and i dont find 4 orcs or lizardman for army of brutes.Is there a cave or something?I searched behind around the stone circle where you go with Lares to get a part of the key to the portal in NotR,the roads behind Akil's farm,i found some lizardmen where the field raiders were.But i can't find the last 2.

fragonard
18.09.2009, 00:30
There is a cave with an Ork shaman and warrior past the circle towards the coast. Go left as if you were going to the lighthouse.

dippsydenejkine
18.09.2009, 04:25
Hey guys, very long spoiler here. Details on how to do Larius quest. If this is too revealing, I will delete the post.

The Larius quest is completed by natural progression. In chapter 1, you might have got the Apostates quest (which is a Chapter 2 quest, not sure if possible to complete in Chapter 1). You must complete the apostates quest. In Chapter 2, you will get one more quest:
- Women's Conspiracy

Women's Conspiracy: Talk to the women in Khorinis and ask for help to vote for Hanna. Usually, they will say they will do it, while some need some help (Fenia and Gritta for example)

In Chapter 3, you will get three quests:
- House Construction
- The Old Mine
- Ship Macabre

House Construction:
Simple quest, however you might find it hard to find necessary people, axes and molerat fat. Hodges has axes, Jora has the fat, and the people you need to get are Pablo (for keeping an eye on Thorben's place), Pardos and Till (as workers) and Cavalorn and Wolf (as guards). Go to Trollnook and complete the quest.

Old Mine:
After reaching Trollnook with everything and everyone you need, talk to Thorben, then leave your house. Near the small hut near the house, there should be some diggers. Talk to Grimes and exhaust all the dialog. After that, go to Andre and talk to him about the mine, lease, etc. He tells you to get a manager. To get the manager, talk to Erol, and ask whether he wants to be manager, and accept him. Rest a day, talk to Erol about the lease and mine, then talk to Grimes, and you should complete the quest.

Ship Macabre:
Very long quest. If you need help with this, ask. Can't write a whole brief walkthrough on this.

After all this, talk to Andre and give him all your evidence against Larius. When you do that (to no avail of course), rest till midnight and wait till Larius enters his room. He will then start walking outside the Upper Quarter, Khorinis, and eventually will reach a cave below the lighthouse, and will be knocked unconcious and will appear at the Bandit Camp. From there, you are on your own.

Sektenspinner
18.09.2009, 08:31
I need help with Larius quest,where should i get the money:i found some of them on the houses,in the house where it used to be the swampweed package,in Nagur possesion and in the sea,where i am i supposed to find more.It's the Cornelius quest, not the Larius quest.
Talk to Nagur once more after taking the money. He will tell you that most of the money is now on the ground of the sea.

AngelOfGothic
18.09.2009, 20:05
Thank you for the answers guys,but now i am at the bandit camp and i only have two quests Larius and the Bandits Camp what should i do now?
This is the translation from the google translate

4.1 Bandit Camp
Velaya is awakened in the bandit camp at Foster. From him and Sentenza
erf? they ahrt that Larius brought the bandits to Khorinis to the
Power on the island itself to rei? En. As long? About Velayas fate does not
is decided, it must reside unbewa? net in the camp and will be
do n? utzlich (Food f? ur the prisoners, the missing Kochler? o? el,
Foot, Paul!, F smoke weed? Ur Scatty, little skeletons, Heiltr? Anke f? Ur Miguel,
Once digger - always digger, Tymor ax Soup, The Missing
Bandit). After Velaya talked to Fisk, is guarded on each day Erol
Speak to the entrance. This has been posing as an independently?-Dependent H andler?.
From him she can organize a good Wa? E. The bandits
r? bridges into one? from Uberfall once Velaya:
? Holds a master sword (Erol helps her)
? The following quests have been completed (whether successfully or not):
(Heiltr? Anke f? Ur Miguel
(The Missing Bandit
(The missing Kochler? O? El
(Ax Tymor soup
Food (f? Ur prisoners
? The following quests have received (whether or not completed):
(Once digger - always digger
(F smoke weed? Ur Scatty
The sp? Uses arliche occupation of the camp towards Velaya Erols advice
out, settles Help DERWA? s camp, freed the captive water magierrene
and Thorus and gets her Ausr? ustung again (Fester has Truhenschl
? Ussel). Velaya st? Obert delivering with the? Pressed bandits at the foot the stairs to the
Pasture on plateau and heroic f eliminated this danger? Ur Khorinis. Lord
Andr? E should tell them of their deeds. Now are the reqs? Sentenza stirrer,
Garaz and Raoul (together with Larius) in the Light-Orkaxt-H? Ohle
n? ordlich the East Gate to? nd. Are they dead, this is done the main quest.
And now? Vacation? Nat? Urlich not! Lord Andr? E has different PI? Ane f? Ur our
Heroine!

BTW:I've done all the quests possible.
OH:The translation is in english if somebody will want to ask

dippsydenejkine
19.09.2009, 01:59
Leave the bandit camp, go to Bengar's Farm, and go down the stairs to the grave digger's camp. There should be bandits. Kill them, back to Andre. Talk to him. Go to cave where Larius was in Chapter 3, simple enough what to do.

AngelOfGothic
19.09.2009, 05:17
Leave the bandit camp, go to Bengar's Farm, and go down the stairs to the grave digger's camp. There should be bandits. Kill them, back to Andre. Talk to him. Go to cave where Larius was in Chapter 3, simple enough what to do.

But how do i get out.The guard will not let me pass

AngelOfGothic
19.09.2009, 08:38
But how do i get out.The guard will not let me pass

What do i have to do.The guard is invincible and i can't wear a weapon neither.

ApocaliptioGod
19.09.2009, 09:51
well, you must do serval quests for the bandits ...

Tratos
19.09.2009, 13:21
well, you must do serval quests for the bandits ... (daca nu te descruci lasa un id ca mi-e lene sa scriu totul aici :cool: )

Any other language, other than english is not accepted in these forums. (and german respectively in the german forums).

(well, if you're so lazy, then do not write at all.)

AngelOfGothic
16.10.2009, 14:47
Ok.Is there any way to get my hand on the letter of Halvor before he eats it?To get all the votes
(Women Conspiracy quest)

Sektenspinner
19.10.2009, 15:09
Ok.Is there any way to get my hand on the letter of Halvor before he eats it?To get all the votes
(Women Conspiracy quest)Nope. ;)

Tharr
02.11.2009, 16:20
I have a question ....How do I drop items from my inventory???
Because that's haw I think I must doo with sheep's sausage in order to catch the scavengers....I tried all buttons and nothing§cry ,in Gothic 2 I did not needit and in Gothic 1 it was simple(left mouse click and "s" key)

:gratz

AngelOfGothic
02.11.2009, 19:20
I have a question ....How do I drop items from my inventory???
Because that's haw I think I must doo with sheep's sausage in order to catch the scavengers....I tried all buttons and nothing§cry ,in Gothic 2 I did not needit and in Gothic 1 it was simple(left mouse click and "s" key)

:gratz

right click on the sausage or right ctrl

Tharr
02.11.2009, 20:36
Ok I understood how to drop items from my invenary but how do I catch the scavengers?If I try to beat with my sword them I kill them,sleep spel has no effect...how?:dnuhr:

Larisa
02.11.2009, 22:42
Ok I understood how to drop items from my invenary but how do I catch the scavengers?If I try to beat with my sword them I kill them,sleep spel has no effect...how?:dnuhr:

I droped the sausages like from 20-30 in-game meters from one another, the first one close to the scavenger. Then approach them, when they start
chasing me I run towards the sausage, they lost interest in me.
Then I approached them and remove the first sausage, they run to the next, remove the next, and so on, placing sausages and removing them until they entered the right spot at the farm.

AngelOfGothic
03.11.2009, 05:19
I droped the sausages like from 20-30 in-game meters from one another, the first one close to the scavenger. Then approach them, when they start
chasing me I run towards the sausage, they lost interest in me.
Then I approached them and remove the first sausage, they run to the next, remove the next, and so on, placing sausages and removing them until they entered the right spot at the farm.

But if they lose interes when they see a dead body of an animal,so i ussually let them chase me.The females are easier the catch though than males

akiman94
13.11.2009, 20:41
Can anybody tell me what do I need to do in Gothis 2 mod Velaya (Tale of a Warrior) at quest Final Rest? That quest when Isagorh tells me something I don't know what to do? Please write me on calen@sabotronic.co.rs if someone know or have an idea. Thanks.

WernerTWC
13.11.2009, 20:56
Can anybody tell me what do I need to do in Gothis 2 mod Velaya (Tale of a Warrior) at quest Final Rest? That quest when Isagorh tells me something I don't know what to do? Please write me on calen@sabotronic.co.rs if someone know or have an idea. Thanks.

§welcome to the forum!

--> moved to modding section.

Windmacht
13.11.2009, 20:57
You have to lay the undead souls on the plateau at bengars farm to rest.
Isgaroth will bless you and your weapons. Only after this you are able to defeat the ghosts on the plateau
Between 12:00 am and 04:00 am you will see the ghosts there.

akiman94
14.11.2009, 19:52
Thank you very very much. Now they sleep with Innos! Once I need to help Hanna I need to collect ten votes to her. I go to Gritta, she told me I need to bring her some Harpy Furutes some shits I don't know. Where can I find those things which I need to bring her?

fragonard
14.11.2009, 20:15
You need a hunting skill to get harpy feathers and if you're far into the game, there may not be enough harpies left. Not to worry though, there are more quests than needed to help Hanna. You can skip one.

akiman94
14.11.2009, 21:56
But where are those harpies? Where can I search for them?

akiman94
14.11.2009, 22:19
And who can I ask for the Special Weapon for Harad and Special Potion for Zuris?

Larisa
14.11.2009, 23:04
But where are those harpies? Where can I search for them?

You can find some near Niclas.
No. 11 on this map: http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/VelayaEN.jpg

Korianous
15.11.2009, 00:47
Thread merged with existing Velaya help thread.

akiman94
15.11.2009, 13:40
1) Where is Chipter?
2) In quest Way to Lord Andre what do I need to do?

WernerTWC
15.11.2009, 18:49
---> moved to the modding section.

Korianous
16.11.2009, 05:32
akiman, please post in the Velaya help thread next time you have questions. This thread merged.

akiman94
18.11.2009, 19:40
Where are the five shrines of Beliar?

1 - Xardas's tower
2 - Place where is near Black Troll's cave.
3 - Thieves place in town
4 - ?
5 - ?

AngelOfGothic
18.11.2009, 20:02
Where are the five shrines of Beliar?

1 - Xardas's tower
2 - Place where is near Black Troll's cave.
3 - Thieves place in town
4 - ?
5 - ?

Look at larisa's map

akiman94
20.11.2009, 13:54
In quest The Old Mine I talked to Lord Andre and he accepts me and then I don't know what to do. The diggers are now at castle mine, again, but I don't know how to continue. What to do after talking to Andre?

akiman94
26.11.2009, 13:54
When I am in the Bandit camp in Velaya mod I talked to Erol and he told me that soon I will have the weapon. What next to do? I done quest for every bandit in the camp. Only avilable my quests are Larious and Bandit Camp

Larisa
26.11.2009, 14:15
Here's the answer:

If you talked with him about the sword, you should find it at (mid)night at the broken cart next to the entry of the valley.

akiman94
26.11.2009, 14:37
who can replace the Thelka at quest Old Love when I need to find a cooker?

Larisa
26.11.2009, 15:08
I think Balam and Omid can replace her.

Korianous
26.11.2009, 18:08
@akiman94- Merged again. Do you lack short-term memory or are you unable to follow simple instructions?

AngelOfGothic
26.11.2009, 18:17
I think Balam and Omid can replace her.

You find the at the bar in the port

akiman94
26.11.2009, 19:31
But where are Balam and Omid?

Larisa
26.11.2009, 19:34
But where are Balam and Omid?

Look above.

Hint: AngelOfGothic's post.

akiman94
26.11.2009, 19:56
But tell me WHERE they are

Larisa
26.11.2009, 20:07
But tell me WHERE they are

At the bar. In the port.

And we could go on like this.

Island of Khorinis -> City of Khorinis -> the harbor (lower part of the city) -> the tavern (no, not the place with nice ladies in it)

Or you never played G2/NotR and don't know what I'm talking about.

akiman94
26.11.2009, 20:21
and where is Larious located later? He is not at Lord Andre's place

Larisa
26.11.2009, 20:45
and where is Larious located later? He is not at Lord Andre's place

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/VelayaEN.jpg

No. 31 on the map.

akiman94
27.11.2009, 13:32
but where exactly are they? I can not find them there

Korianous
27.11.2009, 15:16
but where exactly are they? I can not find them there

Enough of this. If you truly can't find them, given a map and a multitude of answers, you are either not trying hard enough, spamming, or you lack the ability to read. Larisa has given you all you need, now use your map and your knowledge of the in-game world to find what you are looking for.

Cyrus35
16.12.2009, 01:19
good job! but i have a problem... there's no subtitle in game what so ever... :-?? just click on npc... there's nothing just the log updating...and is ... i don't know...is just me or is an error on scripting.
I've tried all the version of the mod, even the one in german, and no subtitle, and yes i have the subtitle turn on...

Sektenspinner
16.12.2009, 01:35
Apart from the subtitles everything works? Do you start next to Dar in the tavern on Onar's farm as Velaya? Do the subtitles work in the original game?
Which version of Gothic do you have (right click on Gothic2.exe -> Properties -> version)?

Cyrus35
17.12.2009, 00:13
Apart from the subtitles everything works? Do you start next to Dar in the tavern on Onar's farm as Velaya? Do the subtitles work in the original game?
Which version of Gothic do you have (right click on Gothic2.exe -> Properties -> version)?

what u didn't test the mod before? :scared:

Yes, the game stars in the kitchen, with DAR :D
version of the game is 2.7, for instalation i've copy/paste the version 2.6 of "gothic2.exe" and for playing, back to the version 2.7...

as for the "subtitles work in the original game?" yes it's working... do u want to know anything else?

fragonard
17.12.2009, 02:02
Have you tried playing with 2.6? I could never get it to work properly with 2.7.

tedzot
17.12.2009, 03:50
How do you play this? I cant get the Gothic Starter to recognize G2...it only sees Gothic 1...what am I doing wrong? I have it in my G2 NOTR directory...
is this another crappy vista thing?

Thanks in advance

Sektenspinner
17.12.2009, 16:36
what u didn't test the mod before? :scared:Of cause I did. But I don't have any experience with foreign (i.e. non-German) versions of Gothic. *SNIP*

Yes, the game stars in the kitchen, with DAR :D
version of the game is 2.7, for instalation i've copy/paste the version 2.6 of "gothic2.exe" and for playing, back to the version 2.7...Turns out, I had no idea how to fix it. See Tazman Devil's post below for the solution.

How do you play this? I cant get the Gothic Starter to recognize G2...it only sees Gothic 1...what am I doing wrong? I have it in my G2 NOTR directory...The GothicStarter should be in the "System" directory of Gothic2. And you should start it with administrator rights.
If that does not solve the problem: Which version of Gothic do you use?

TazmanDevil
17.12.2009, 18:26
The English G2 editions of version V2.6 and V2.7 have to install the Gothic2 - Report Version (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=122) patch without installing the Addon-Patch V2.6. Are there any English editions with V2.5 at all?

After installing the Report-Version Patch you might have no sound and no subtitles in your original Gothic2. To get them back do the following:
Go to <Gothic installation directory>/_work/data/scripts/content/cutscene
Rename the file Ou.dat to Ou.bin and Ou.lsc to Ou.csl

Sektenspinner
17.12.2009, 21:59
@TazmanDevil: Thanks a lot for the clarification. I adjusted the release post and the website accordingly. The Download description on WoG was also updated.

@all: Sorry for the confusion.

Acleacius
25.12.2009, 14:27
Thanks Larisa and fragonard. :)

Samael666
27.12.2009, 20:46
I have a serious problem with running Velaya English version on Vista X64. I download the Gothic 2 together with NOTR(i have v 2.7), then i apply the music patch so that i can have music in G2 with Vista(the well-known bug). After these i apply the 2.6 patch, install Velaya English version full, install Velaya German speech and start the mod via GothicStarter Velaya English. After starting a new game(i think less than 5 minutes), one of these two things happen: either i see no characters and no monsters(only the weapons of the npc are visible) or the textures from the game dissappear(trees, houses, buildings' roofs, wilderness etc...). The game comes back to normal after dozens of minutes, but i get the same bugs shortly after. I uninstalled the game twice because i got angry 'cos of this issue. Any solution on the horizon? PS: I installed the game the same way on a Windows XP machine and it ran flawlessly(no bugs at all during 3 straight hours).

Made of chaos
27.12.2009, 22:15
i have one question guys: at the quest "apostates" when i go into the cave where is this paladin i think his name is Oric, i have a talk with him and after a while he asks me something about beliar to check if i'm a believer or a spy, i don't remember what exactly, velaya doesn't answer and then they attack me and i kill them. is this the right way to complete the quest because in the journal it says that i have learn more information about the apostates before i speak to their leader. so please if someone knows what i have to do i would be gratefull if he/she could tell me. and sorry if this has been answered before but at the moment i don't have time to check all the posts. thank you!!

fragonard
28.12.2009, 00:28
Yes, you should be OK. I did the same thing and didn't have a problem later.

Made of chaos
28.12.2009, 12:16
i just started the 3rd chapter and i'm about to construct my house, thorben has some requirments but i can't find the second worker that he needs, i hired this guy from orlan's tavern i think his name is pardos and i miss the other one, in journal it says that i should search at the docks or at the orlan's tavern, i searched the docks and i found nobody. so can you tell me who exactly is the second worker?

Tratos
28.12.2009, 13:39
Go to Ignaz' shack. The answer is in there, near the smith.

Samael666
28.12.2009, 14:44
Who can teach me lockpicking?

Made of chaos
28.12.2009, 15:32
Go to Ignaz' shack. The answer is in there, near the smith.

who exactly do you mean? in ignaz' shack there is ignaz and rosi nobody else:scared:

Tratos
28.12.2009, 15:42
I said near the smith. Try Rosi's son. He's around.

gothic playa
28.12.2009, 17:31
can somebody tell me how to change version of gothic 2-night of the raven?mine is 2.7 and i need 2.6 to play in mods such are "velaya" or "kuhajag" help me please!

fragonard
28.12.2009, 17:43
You can download it right on this site. Go to the G2 section.

gothic playa
28.12.2009, 17:46
ok,but how is it written?

gothic playa
28.12.2009, 18:26
i changed version to 2.6 and i installed velaya,but it's not working :(

fragonard
28.12.2009, 19:14
You need the mod starter too. Did you DL that? Also, are you on Win7?

Samael666
28.12.2009, 20:03
I'm in chapter 2(i believe at the end of it). I still have to do some side quests: Jack's rune(from the Lighthouse quest- i cannot find it- i ve looked for it on the island); Mysterious package- Rangar tells me to steal Boltan's key, but i cannot seem to find it; Alvin and Fellan- talked to Onar, but quest doesnt seem to finish; Kardiff's plate from thieves' island- cannot seem to find it on the boat near the thieves island, nor near the island where the pirate Skip was hanging out in NOTR); Scavanger breed- lured the three type scavengers to Akil's farmer, but Akil doesnt say anything.

Made of chaos
28.12.2009, 20:06
I said near the smith. Try Rosi's son. He's around.

you mean Till?? oh great!!! he run away at chapter 2 when i told him that his father is dead and since then i never saw him again. is this a bug?? has anyone faced this before???

edit: can anyone tell me the type command to spawn Till in marvin mode? i type "insert till" and the game crashes.

Sektenspinner
28.12.2009, 22:24
i changed version to 2.6 and i installed velaya,but it's not working :(

I have a serious problem with running Velaya English version on Vista X64. I download the Gothic 2 together with NOTR(i have v 2.7), then i apply the music patch so that i can have music in G2 with Vista(the well-known bug). After these i apply the 2.6 patch, install Velaya English version full, install Velaya German speech and start the mod via GothicStarter Velaya English. After starting a new game(i think less than 5 minutes), one of these two things happen: either i see no characters and no monsters(only the weapons of the npc are visible) or the textures from the game dissappear(trees, houses, buildings' roofs, wilderness etc...). The game comes back to normal after dozens of minutes, but i get the same bugs shortly after. I uninstalled the game twice because i got angry 'cos of this issue. Any solution on the horizon? PS: I installed the game the same way on a Windows XP machine and it ran flawlessly(no bugs at all during 3 straight hours).See this (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=11498379&#post11498379) post. Did you install the report version without installing the non-report-version 2.6 patch?

Samael666
28.12.2009, 23:14
I had v 2.7 and i install the report patch. that's what i did. Dunno why i keep having these awful awful problems. I got used to no textures and no characters by now...Sadly...
PS: Did i have to install a patch before patching with the 2.6 report v patch?

fragonard
29.12.2009, 05:11
you mean Till?? oh great!!! he run away at chapter 2 when i told him that his father is dead and since then i never saw him again.

He runs away but he'll be back eventually. This was no problem in my game.