PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [Mod] Velaya - Discussion and Help

Seiten : 1 [2]

Jaspper
29.12.2009, 12:19
I am having trouble with the spy quest in CH 2. I have placed the message given to me by wulfgar by the tree. What is meant to happen? I have stood nearby for ever and nothing. I have tried sleeping and waking at different times of the day, but no one goes near the tree.

Sektenspinner
29.12.2009, 12:23
I am having trouble with the spy quest in CH 2. I have placed the message given to me by wulfgar by the tree. What is meant to happen? I have stood nearby for ever and nothing. I have tried sleeping and waking at different times of the day, but no one goes near the tree.Was the message placed there automatically? Dont drop it yourself, this is a scripted sequence. And did you take the right tree? The tree in the north next to the barracks was meant.

@Samael666: Did you start the GothicStarter with administrator rights?

Samael666
29.12.2009, 19:28
Regarding your whole installation thing, all i can say for sure is that i have installed the game exactly in the same manner on a Windows XP based machine and it worked without any bugs. I did not start the Gothic starter with the admin, but i highly doubt it will do any good... Will it help you if i posted on Youtube a video with the symptoms of my problems?

Sektenspinner
29.12.2009, 21:10
I did not start the Gothic starter with the admin, but i highly doubt it will do any good...This often solved problems. I highly recommend you to try it.

Samael666
30.12.2009, 02:20
Tried it and postponed the bugs problems with 20 minutes or so, but it still became buggy... I do not know why on earth i have artifacts from my video cards in velaya, when i don't have any vga problems in any other games(the video card is new and doesn't have any problem!!!). I mean, beside the texture dissappearance, i get artifacts too!!!

Edit:

For building my house quest i need two pliers. What are them and where can i get some? PS: And axes too? Nevermind, i ve found them.

Hav'caaren An'givare
01.01.2010, 11:31
Will I be able toplay if I have GII gold version 2.7.01 :gratz

Sektenspinner
01.01.2010, 14:45
Will I be able toplay if I have GII gold version 2.7.01 :gratzYes, if you install the report version (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=122), it should work.

newmouse
02.01.2010, 02:41
Neither the Mod nor the Report Version Patch will install
in my 2.7 Gothic II + NOTR .:dnuhr:
The installer refuses to recognize the Folder (it say "For V. 2.6")
I'm going to try the paste 2.6 Gothic II exe in to install
trick mentioned earlier here (thanks) ..if I can find it:).
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.:eek:

Meemo
02.01.2010, 02:50
Hi. Great job and congratulations with the mod, seems very exciting!
I'm having trouble getting it to work though:dnuhr:, and would appreciate help...:)
I have version 1.7.0.1 of G2 Gold. I am trying to install the report version. It asks me where I have g2 installed, and I browse and find the folder, C:\Program Files\JoWooD Productions Software AG\Gothic II Gold. But for some reason, it won't let me confirm, like I can't press "OK".
lol I know this is a very noobish question but can someone plz help?:gratz

newmouse
02.01.2010, 04:39
Me Again from post before last.
I got a 1.6 GOTHIC.EXE from MegaGames & replaced my 2.7 exe.:D
Now the Installer has recognised the Folder & installed ...It installs Version 2.6 exe. & a GothicStarter Exe which you need to run to start the game.
The VALAYA game now starts up & plays a new long Intro
& I have played a bit of the Game.
The G2 NOTR game still works OK with Subs & Sound .
I went into the mentioned (on previouse 1st page of this thread) Gothic II/_work/data/scripts/content/cutscene
folder & made copies there of the 2 files there with the different names as given earlier :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse

KGS
02.01.2010, 12:59
thats a bunny

Meemo
02.01.2010, 19:46
Me Again from post before last.
I got a 1.6 GOTHIC.EXE from MegaGames & replaced my 2.7 exe.
Now the Installer has recognised the Folder & installed ...It installs Version 2.6 exe. & a GothicStarter Exe which you need to run to start the game.
The VALAYA game now starts up & plays a new long Intro
& I have played a bit of the Game.
The G2 NOTR game still works OK with Subs & Sound .
I went into the mentioned (on previouse 1st page of this thread) Gothic II/_work/data/scripts/content/cutscene
folder & made copies there of the 2 files there with the different names as given earlier

AWESOME :gratz that worked for me too. I also realized I had been using the wrong report version download - 1.3. After doing that the game works and lemme tell ya I love it so far!! :D

The only thing is - I'm not getting any voice output during the dialogs - English or otherwise. There isn't any English voice output is there? The German is the only voice output?

EDIT: @Tratos: I was honestly unaware that that constituted piracy - thanks for letting newmouse and me know. I'm not a pirate lol, won't happen again :)

newmouse
02.01.2010, 19:51
thats a bunny

Its a Bunny Called Mouse ...:D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.:eek:

Sektenspinner
02.01.2010, 19:57
The only thing is - I'm not getting any voice output during the dialogs - English or otherwise. There isn't any English voice output is there? The German is the only voice output?You can install the German voice output if you like. An English voice output does not exist.

Its a Bunny Called Mouse ...:D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.:eek:I suggest, you copy this creature into your signature then, instead of adding it to your main post manually. You can do so in the User CP.

Meemo
04.01.2010, 00:08
Hey, quick question - I'm tryin to steal the goblin chainmail from Wulfgar's chest, but I can't find the key. Where could it be?

EDIT: Oh WOW lol. I just found it, on the table. Nevermind.

Tratos
05.01.2010, 20:16
I got a 1.6 GOTHIC.EXE from MegaGames & replaced my 2.7 exe.:D

This is against the Terms of Service (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=2329282&#post2329282) and strictly forbidden. Our community is not to get involved with piracy or anything else that compromises the copy protection of any software. Replacing exes with unauthorised ones is included in the limitation. Take this as a forewarning.

Tharr
09.01.2010, 00:13
I have a problem with this mod and I hope you can help me. First I tried this mod on windows 7 and worked fine(ATI graphic card LOL) it had the intro movie in english and the rest of it in german.Meanwhile my windows died I had installed windows xp and the intro movie has no sound; the rest of the game have german sound but the intro no...There is somme codec probled(wich I did not instaled)?

By the way this is the most interesting and funny G2mod I ever played.
The piping tom phase make me laugh a lot :D

Larisa
09.01.2010, 01:01
Meanwhile my windows died I had installed windows xp and the intro movie has no sound; the rest of the game have german sound but the intro no...There is somme codec probled(wich I did not instaled)?

I might be wrong, but I don't think it's about codecs, since the intro is rendered with game's engine, it's not a movie. Maybe incorrect/wrong order in installations (game/patch/mod starter/mod/etc.)

Meemo
09.01.2010, 21:27
Hey all - where can I find a kettle, so as to complete the quest for the smallpox cure? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Whoops, I think I may have posted in the wrong thread - there is another thread for help. Mods please move my post if necessary. :)

Edit: nevermind again lol, I figured it out. The solution is with edda, after you kill all the zombies and rats and whatnot.

vic1968
13.01.2010, 17:20
Thank you very much for this mod!:gratz I just started it but it looks promising.
But I have a problem: the frame rate is very bad!Can you give me some advices?

I have NotR version 1.32 and my rig is one which can play Risen in high details.Thank you in advance!

Sektenspinner
13.01.2010, 17:27
Thank you very much for this mod!:gratz I just started it but it looks promising.
But I have a problem: the frame rate is very bad!Can you give me some advices?

I have NotR version 1.32 and my rig is one which can play Risen in high details.Thank you in advance!Try reducing the sight value. It usually helps and a sight value of 300% in Velaya is far more than necessary anyway. 200% should be enough and should be rendered smoothly on most machines.

If this doesn't help there is probably something wrong. How bad is "very bad"?

vic1968
13.01.2010, 17:39
How bad is "very bad"?
VERY bad!It takes ages to turn around!

Try reducing the sight value.
Thanks a lot, man!It is working just fine at a sight value of 200 and the world is still pretty ( also Velaya in her lather armor:D).But I'm returning to the game now!Once again, many, many thanks for your work!

FellFeo
14.01.2010, 14:03
Great mod, GJ.
I wanted to ask about teleport platforms and runes. I would like to know locations where to find them. I got onars farms and taverns runes. Where can I find rune for the city teleport?
About platforms. Where do I get the key to the doors in woods near tavern? So I could get to the platform?

1 more question. Velaya later becomes a mage? (I am in ch2) so should I start learning circles of fire? and how many I can learn? Or should I just go for agily and 1h wep skills?

samino8
14.01.2010, 17:15
i think you can find the teleport to harbor...
at the edge to the water, a bit infront of bromors pleasure house
there are only two circles of magic you can learn in the game as a firemage,watermage or both. so i don't recommend you to spend so much LP on that. Just choose the heal rune, and then go for dex and 1 handed weapon skill.

Sektenspinner
14.01.2010, 22:28
About platforms. Where do I get the key to the doors in woods near tavern? So I could get to the platform?Talk to Vatras and get the quest about these platforms. Then after using the platform near the city you can talk to Orlan and get the key to the cave.

newmouse
16.01.2010, 02:36
TRATOS §burnBig Boss §cry say: ""Our community is not to get involved with piracy or anything else that compromises the copy protection of any software. Replacing exes with unauthorised ones is included in the limitation"" :cool:
In respect of getting a replacement GOTHIC.EXE .

You idiot ;) !!:p! GOTHIC 3 has had the Disc Protection
removed from it's released Patches for some time.
You could also take another EXE out from an official earlier
released patch ..that's contributing to Piracy is it ???

When a customer buys a copy of a game, people like you
can not expect to keep absolute, for-ever, control over
it against the desires & needs of the user.:dnuhr:
@@@:DMSG Ends:D@@@

Tratos
16.01.2010, 09:47
Don't play dumb. That exe was clearly a Gothic 2 one (or at least that is how you stated it) and there are still releases with the copy protection on. For example: the russian localization from Akella.

And even if it were gothic 3; with the exception of a few authorized executables, none other may be used. Such are the rules, rules with which you agreed upon registration.

When a customer buys a copy of a game, people like you
can not expect to keep absolute, for-ever, control over
it against the desires & needs of the user.

If your desires and needs are in breach of the product's EULA, I do have absolute control over the forum where you chose to announce it.

Korianous
16.01.2010, 17:00
You idiot ;) !!:p! GOTHIC 3 has had the Disc Protection
removed from it's released Patches for some time.

In a patch sanctioned by Jowood, not by some random cracker who modified the executable in violation of the EULA.

PS: If you disagree with a user, there's a way to do so without resorting to insults. Bear that in mind in the future.

FellFeo
17.01.2010, 13:03
Can I get that crawler armor in ch2?
Do i get it from those beliar bandits?
And what about that area behind fence at north east, where are the temple and guy from old camp. When will i get the key?
And when I talk to that dark light knight of Beliar, in the end he attacks me, so I need to find out more information about them, so he wouldn't attack me, before I speak with him? Or it suppose to be like that and I just need to kill him? Cause its rly hard now... With out better armor... :(
and where is that teleport rune to valley of mines?

HEHE and 1 more question will there ever happen something between Velaya and Sonya from Bordel? :D

tnx

samino8
17.01.2010, 14:32
And what about that area behind fence at north east, where are the temple and guy from old camp. When will i get the key?

sooner or later you will end up there...

And when I talk to that dark light knight of Beliar, in the end he attacks me, so I need to find out more information about them, so he wouldn't attack me, before I speak with him? Or it suppose to be like that and I just need to kill him? Cause its rly hard now... With out better armor...

i just brought a transform spell into dragonsnapper and then killed them all. you don't need to talk to the leader and then massacre them to complete the quest:)

Meemo
18.01.2010, 02:43
I have a question about the story. Where is "Ariabia"? I've never heard it mentioned before except in this mod. Is it in the Southern Islands? Because Abuyin was supposedly from the Southern Islands, and in this mod it says he was from Ariabia.

superxp
19.01.2010, 13:16
where is beliar shrines?
1. belier temple
2. thief guid hideout
3. xarads

where is 4 and 5?

Larisa
19.01.2010, 13:20
where is beliar shrines?

Take a look on the map, the red dots:

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/files3/VelayaEN.jpg

superxp
19.01.2010, 15:58
how do i do the building my house quest?

i have 2 guards 2 assstints what now?

FellFeo
19.01.2010, 17:15
get all necessary things for building. 3 saws/ 3 hammers/ 2 axes/ 2 pillars/ fat/ 500g its all in ur quest log/
pretty expensive I had to buy them all

when / how do I get out of the bandits camp?

What is about that Gerbrant quest?

Fallen /Alwin? I seems I completed it but it doesnt disappear from quest log... Fallen is happy working in farm now. and alwin also happy from silence.

The secret steel? So I know Wulfgar has stuck somewhere? Port? or gubernators house i guess :D

Tymorian medicine? To get all items I need to learn those hunting skills defenetly? And if i do will it be worth it, for reward?

Mysterious packadge? Bolton has it in chest? How do i get key and where is his chest?

I also get a tip from that guy who smokes weed, that west from the port are caves. What caves? he mean the one on the small island with lizards?

P.S.

could u explain how exactly does the % of weapon skill works?
melee weapons on higher % lvl (beginner/ fighter/ master) what do I gain exactly and how much? I get more haste on wep swings? Or my swings can do higher and more crits? Or I just have also increased weap dmg? Or i learn new Combo attacks? I have never figured it out...
I would like to know what exactly 5% of weap skill will effect me in combat. So sometimes I cant disaid should I learn 5% weap skill or smth else, cause I dont know what exactly those 5 % gives me.

Same goes for range weap. I get more accuracy, but how much? and what else? Is there any difference between bow and crossbow in combat? :D probably not. =]

And between 1h and 2h... 2h is longer range/ bigger dmg/ but slower, right? thats it? :D

Maybe my question is too troublesome, but I just wanted to know :) I have played Gothic a lot probably my favorite game, but I always wanted to know statics for those % for weap skills =]

samino8
19.01.2010, 22:31
you ask alot of question. i answere three for u;)

Final rest? Undead souls at valley of mines? I dont see any.
sleep until midnight then go to the entrance of the valley of mines.( the paladins guarded it in g2). There u will see some ghost, but i think you will need to get your weapon blessed by the fire mage close to the monasterybefor killing them

Cornelius? I made deal for 20k gold. There wasnt all gold, I kicked Nagurs ass, money is somewhere else?

if you haven't fished up the bags from the sea, do it. else just return to cornelius

Larius? Whats with him? I suppose i will be able to complete this only later. I know he is the bad guy and serves beliar probably.

when you have completed a specific amount of the game you can follow him. You can try it now, just take a nap til around midnight and then do it. he stops in a cave and if velaya approach him she will get knocked down and end up in the bandit camp

FellFeo
20.01.2010, 11:48
yea tnx, although later i figured it out by reading other posts on thread before urs [didn't refresh forum :D], so i kinda eddited my previous post... now i am stuck in bandits camp but i think i will get out of there soon =]
tnx anyway ;)

FellFeo
20.01.2010, 13:39
YEEEYYYY §ice U know what i gonna say I DID IT! :D yea cool/ intresting mod I liked it, at start I though it would nothing special, with bad story, but no u have made amazing edition to Gothic tale §thx. There were parts harder than in original, where i rly needed to think... §kratz Pity that i couldn't understand a word what they said at the end of the game...

I red forums damn how did others managed to gain lvl 30+ i am only lvl 22...
Yet few quests didnt manage to complete. :dnuhr:

* What is about that Gerbrant quest?
* Fallen /Alwin? I seems I completed it but it doesnt disappear from quest log... Fallen is happy working in farm now. and alwin also happy from silence.
* The secret steel? So I know Wulfgar has stuck somewhere? Port? or gubernators house i guess
* Tymorian medicine? To get all items I need to learn those hunting skills defenetly? And if i do will it be worth it, for reward?
* Mysterious packadge? Bolton has it in chest? How do i get key and where is his chest?
* I also get a tip from that guy who smokes weed, that west from the port are caves. What caves? he mean the one on the small island with lizards?

sry for repeating. ps I would like to know that thing about weap skills if u dont mind. :)

Anyway u made good game, it was funny that goblins wanted to attack city §knin §klatsch [but what were they saying in german, when u fight with them §weissnich, in original they ddint say anything:D ]
Explosive arrows was cool thing §list
I liked peeping tom, quests:D + training thingy §list
Dunno why but i think that soul quest was rly impressive, for Gothic 2 game. §respekt
Secret room for lighthouse quest was cool, I would never guested. :dup:
Pity that I needed to kill gurus so fast. §gnah
whats with the guy at the black trolls place :confused:
Cool that I had my own house in mountains. §5troet
Zombie quest was interesting too §respekt
4th chapter ended too fast tho :(
And many many other interesting cool, features, although some things weren't so successfully made, but anyway GJ guys §ice §prost §thx :tanz: :dup: §klatsch §respekt §knin §danke :C: ;) hehe i might overreacted but tnx I am happy i DL ur mod =]

superxp
20.01.2010, 14:56
can someone give me a guide for Women's Conspiracy?

FellFeo
20.01.2010, 18:01
can someone give me a guide for Women's Conspiracy?

emm its kinda long, 1st tell what is the problem u cant deal with, and how far u are?
mostly talk to every women in town and do their missions.

Emm I was thinking is there any other gothic mod? Which also got good story, and some sense :) I dont want to go trough all forums and searach :scared:

Sektenspinner
20.01.2010, 19:47
* What is about that Gerbrant quest?You need to find Diego's letter in Larius' chest. With this proof out of the way, Gerbrandt can return into the upper quarter.
* The secret steel? So I know Wulfgar has stuck somewhere? Port? or gubernators house i guessGerbrandt could have helped you, if he had already been in the upper quarter.

* Fallen /Alwin? I seems I completed it but it doesnt disappear from quest log... Fallen is happy working in farm now. and alwin also happy from silence.Fellan told you to return after some days. He will give you a small reward. You didn't miss much.

* Tymorian medicine? To get all items I need to learn those hunting skills defenetly? And if i do will it be worth it, for reward?After you bring him ingredients for the first time (no matter what and how much), you get the experience and the quest is solved. That's it. There is no further reward.

* Mysterious packadge? Bolton has it in chest? How do i get key and where is his chest?You need to steal the key. Either learn pickpocketing or knock him down (I would recommend the first option. ;)).

* I also get a tip from that guy who smokes weed, that west from the port are caves. What caves? he mean the one on the small island with lizards?He means the thief's cave, yes. Where you found Jack's rune.

Anyway u made good game, it was funny that goblins wanted to attack city §knin §klatsch [but what were they saying in german, when u fight with them §weissnich, in original they ddint say anything:D ]They said some (for humans) meaningless words such as "fuzzleduzzle" as well as primitive exclamations like "Hunger!", "Human meat!", "Attack!".

whats with the guy at the black trolls place :confused:He's just there. You may know him from Gothic 1. He taught the hero how to get stronger. He regrets that today, he doesn't seem to like the nameless hero any more.

could u explain how exactly does the % of weapon skill works?
melee weapons on higher % lvl (beginner/ fighter/ master) what do I gain exactly and how much? I get more haste on wep swings? Or my swings can do higher and more crits? Or I just have also increased weap dmg? Or i learn new Combo attacks? I have never figured it out...
I would like to know what exactly 5% of weap skill will effect me in combat. So sometimes I cant disaid should I learn 5% weap skill or smth else, cause I dont know what exactly those 5 % gives me.

Same goes for range weap. I get more accuracy, but how much? and what else? Is there any difference between bow and crossbow in combat? probably not. =]

And between 1h and 2h... 2h is longer range/ bigger dmg/ but slower, right? thats it? Long story short:
The animations (and therefore combos and attack speed) for the weapons are skill-dependent. The skill changes at a talent value of 30% and 60% for all weapon types (bow, crossbow, 1h, 2h).

The ranges of melee weapons are weapon dependent. 2h weapons tend to have a higher range than 1h weapons, but there are exceptions. For example the beserker's axe, which has a low range (and therefore lacks one of the major advantages of 2h combat).

Melee Fighting only:
damage = Strength + WeaponDamage - protectionOfTheEnemy
The talent value (percentage) decides wether this damage is really applied. If the hit fails, the damage is devided by 10.

Ranged Weapons only:
damage = Dexterity + WeaponDamage - protectionOfTheEnemy
If the oppenent is in the same position as you are (distance of 0) the arrow hits always.
If the oponent is 45 meters away from you, you always miss.
With a distance of 15 meters you hit the opponent with the chance that is given by your weapon skill.
Between 0 and 15 meters and 15 and 45 meters the chances are interpolated linearly.
If the hit fails, no damage is applied at all. Otherwise, the full damage is applied.

Whenever damage is applied, there is a minimum of 5 points of damage.

FellFeo
20.01.2010, 23:59
tnx for info

didnt know that damage = Strength + WeaponDamage - protectionOfTheEnemy So then if u use agily melee weap u dont get bonus dmg from agily stats? Works only strength stat for bonus dmg. §thx

Melee Fighting only:
The talent value (percentage) decides wether this damage is really applied. If the hit fails, the damage is devided by 10.

sry, but i kinda didnt understand this point. By "if the hit fails" :dnuhr: u mean, if its not full/ pure dmg, not that its missed right? Cause some dmg is not always the same.

So that means if I have that weak hit on enemy at high percentage, it wont absorb that much dmg as it would on lower percentage?

"the damage is devided by 10" emm didn't understand ur thought.

What I wanted to know the most was, if i hit cap of 60% weap skill, why should I keep learning it more, if I allrdy obtain combos, and fast attacks.
If my dmg is 200 what is the difference between 60% and 100% weap skill? its just there are 80LPs between and maybe more useful is to start spending them somewhere else :) [that was just a thing, that sometimes came to my mind when I reach 60%] Pls explain me difference of dividing ratio between 60 and 100%, if u mind. :)

Its just that now I am rly interested how exactly does those statics work, cause those years ago when I was rly into Gothic, it didnt concern me much. :)

Tratos
21.01.2010, 17:49
You have normal hits and critical hits. The normal ones are the ones "which get divided by ten". The critical ones do not, so you can say they are 10 times stronger. The 60% means, that you have a 60% chance to deliver a critical hit. If you reach 100%, you will always deal critical hits.

Rale
22.01.2010, 11:20
I need help with larius quest. Im in chapter 2 and finished all the quests except this one and one where you should tell bodo whats happening in the world out there. I have read somewhere that you should follow larius at night, but all he do is sit with judge and then go to sleep. how do I solve this quest :dnuhr:

FellFeo
22.01.2010, 16:05
I need help with larius quest. Im in chapter 2 and finished all the quests except this one and one where you should tell bodo whats happening in the world out there. I have read somewhere that you should follow larius at night, but all he do is sit with judge and then go to sleep. how do I solve this quest :dnuhr:

U need to be at the end of CH3 to do that quest where u need to fallow Larius
But u are still in CH2 there are other things u have to do 1st ;)

Rale
22.01.2010, 19:54
thanks. I though that you have to do that quest in order to get to the chapter 3 but after I went from the house where larius is lord andre adressed me and I was in chapter 3 :)

EDIT: where do I find molerat fat? the only person who had it was Rengaru and he is in jail now.

Meemo
23.01.2010, 19:32
I think my question kinda got lost...§wink

I have a question about the story. Where is "Ariabia"? I've never heard it mentioned before except in this mod. Is it in the Southern Islands? Because Abuyin was supposedly from the Southern Islands, and in this mod it says he was from Ariabia.

Sekten, can you please answer? thanks :gratz

Sektenspinner
24.01.2010, 00:46
EDIT: where do I find molerat fat? the only person who had it was Rengaru and he is in jail now.Try Jora or Matteo.

I have a question about the story. Where is "Ariabia"? I've never heard it mentioned before except in this mod. Is it in the Southern Islands? Because Abuyin was supposedly from the Southern Islands, and in this mod it says he was from Ariabia.The question where Ariabia lies is not answered in the game. It's up to your imagination. ;)

Meemo
24.01.2010, 01:09
The question where Ariabia lies is not answered in the game. It's up to your imagination. ;)

Oh ok thats cool. Congratulations again on a fantastic mod.:)

AngelOfGothic
28.01.2010, 10:56
Wow,Nice.
Who came with the ideea of the Black Knight?"NOBODY CHEATS DEATH,THE DARK KNIGHT HAS A GREEN WITH BLOODHUST"
My lil brother discovered it when he tried to go where he couldn't.

Rale
28.01.2010, 14:33
Wow,Nice.
Who came with the ideea of the Black Knight?"NOBODY CHEATS DEATH,THE DARK KNIGHT HAS A GREEN WITH BLOODHUST"

that was cool. but I prefered ,,NO NEW AREA, GOT IT?!"

FellFeo
31.01.2010, 13:23
Wow,Nice.

huh?

Rale
31.01.2010, 20:19
huh?

ever tried to go to the colony?

AngelOfGothic
31.01.2010, 20:50
ever tried to go to the colony?

With cheat.

Go to the entrance of the VoM,stay in front of the stones,activate MARVIN, press K to go through stones and try to go to the colony,you will see what happens

mustbesomeone
05.02.2010, 20:21
hy.I got the mod some time a go and i can tell its one of the greatest mods that i played.I enterd chapter 2 and i have quite much lp but i cant find a good bow teacher(that can teach me pas 60).And i want to start a new game whit the cahr based on str(becaues in all the gothic series and mods i cant play whit dex and its very hard for me to play whit bow) so pls if u got any advice for me whit how to play whitout str or whit str pls tell them to me. :)

FellFeo
06.02.2010, 11:11
hy.I got the mod some time a go and i can tell its one of the greatest mods that i played.I enterd chapter 2 and i have quite much lp but i cant find a good bow teacher(that can teach me pas 60).And i want to start a new game whit the cahr based on str(becaues in all the gothic series and mods i cant play whit dex and its very hard for me to play whit bow) so pls if u got any advice for me whit how to play whitout str or whit str pls tell them to me. :)

U need focus on ur agily. U can find good agily melee weaps in game. Take a look around market or take a visit on the ship ;)
Dunno I trained my bow at Wulfs, near tavern. U could also use 1st, and 2nd ring of fire magics.

gothicplaya
16.02.2010, 14:13
When i run Velaya - Tale of a warrior from the GothicStarter, the game starts up and crashes again almost immediately and i get this error-message:

B: VFILE: Err: -2: Can't find file:
_WORK\DATA\SCRIPTS\_COMPILED\VELAYA_ENGLISH.DAT Code: 255

After all the good things i've heard about this mod, i would love to try it, so please help me!

Sektenspinner
17.02.2010, 10:48
Try to start the Gothic Starter with administrator rights.

r3r0123
03.03.2010, 12:34
it 's about a month since the last reply :-ss
im stuck in the quest " Beliar 's shrine " , i can't find the " high altitude shrine " , can anyone tell me where is it ?

Colmar
03.03.2010, 12:51
it 's about a month since the last reply :-ss
im stuck in the quest " Beliar 's shrine " , i can't find the " high altitude shrine " , can anyone tell me where is it ?

you must go to the gothic 2 tower of Dexter's bandits (near Onar's farm), where you can find two mines
the one with the Beliar shrine is the farther, not that one near the tower

fragonard
03.03.2010, 19:36
nevermind.

r3r0123
05.03.2010, 06:25
how could i deafeat the zombie in chap 3 ?
and how could i make farim to take me to the ship ? ( i have done the healing quest , now he asks for an Adanos blessing ? ) i have tried in myxir but it doesnt work

Colmar
05.03.2010, 11:04
Farim will take you on the ship only after you have solved these problems in the harbour: killing the rats in sewers and in the harbour (mission of Kardiff), potions against smallpox, killing the zombies.
Did you try to hit a zombie? If you try there will be a diary entry "I can't do nothing against the zombie with my weapons" (or something like this, the meaning is this one)... only then Myxir will give you Adanos Blessing

r3r0123
05.03.2010, 13:49
okay i am now in chap 4 ( man i feel like i have to play again )
how could i solve the quest " once a digger always a digger " ( or something like that :D )

Colmar
05.03.2010, 14:14
okay i am now in chap 4 ( man i feel like i have to play again ) how could i solve the quest " once a digger always a digger " ( or something like that :D )

in the cave where you searched for the bandit vanished, there is a tunnel with some minecrawlers and warrior minecrawlers, at the end you'll find some magic ore on the cave wall ... talk to Finn and other diggers and they'll go there to extract the ore, mission complete :)

r3r0123
06.03.2010, 07:24
man , i have stucked again , this mod is really hard :(
where could i find the bandit that moved from the camp ? ( i have secured the camp and released the prisoner )

Colmar
06.03.2010, 10:41
man , i have stucked again , this mod is really hard :(
where could i find the bandit that moved from the camp ? ( i have secured the camp and released the prisoner )

Bandits tell you where they are going indeed; did you spoke with them? xD
however they are down the stairs leading to the plateau (Bengar's farm, the pass etc etc)

r3r0123
06.03.2010, 12:35
i 've got some friend that want to play the velaya mod as well .
but they are currenty using the version 2.7 , so they could'nt play the mod
any advice ?

AngelOfGothic
06.03.2010, 13:25
i 've got some friend that want to play the velaya mod as well .
but they are currenty using the version 2.7 , so they could'nt play the mod
any advice ?

read the previous posts

mustbesomeone
07.03.2010, 19:15
I finished the game whit all the quests(i think i dindn't miss any) and y want to play it again and again.But before i start playing again i have a few qustions:1.can someone teach mme bow pass 70%
2.can someone teach me str potion and if i can learn it how much lp costs. 3.i know that sagitta can teach me to brew but she says hat leater, how can i convince her to teach me.

r3r0123
08.03.2010, 13:56
well , i think there are only 2 persons who can teach us to brew potion , Ignaz and Sagitta . Ignaz teach mana potion and speed potion .
Sagitta teach mana , health , dex potion
and i think you can only learn from her in later game ( in a condition that you complete her quest ) , don't remember extracly which chap :dnuhr:
and i haven't learn bow higher than 60% either :dnuhr:

Keldorn1988
09.03.2010, 11:31
I'm planning to write a walkthrough for Velaya (it was so fascinating, that I'm playing it for the second time, altough I've just finished it on sunday). Is there any demand for a walkthrough?
I've started to write one in Hungarian, but I think it would be good, if there would be a full English FAQ and Walkthrough. I think I can provide it for the players, 'cause in my opinion I did a good play. And of course, it's really hard, to find a solution on the forums.

And naturally I therefore ask for permisson from de makers to write stuff like that with ingame pictures. If anyone has ideas or can provide some clever tricks and hints, PM me.

By the way, Velaya is one of the best mods I have ever played.

(if there are some mistakes in my English, I apologize, and I promise if I get the developers approval, I will check my grammar twice during the writing)

Sektenspinner
09.03.2010, 11:54
I'm planning to write a walkthrough for Velaya (it was so fascinating, that I'm playing it for the second time, altough I've just finished it on sunday). Is there any demand for a walkthrough?
I've started to write one in Hungarian, but I think it would be good, if there would be a full English FAQ and Walkthrough. I think I can provide it for the players, 'cause in my opinion I did a good play. And of course, it's really hard, to find a solution on the forums.

And naturally I therefore ask for permisson from de makers to write stuff like that with ingame pictures. If anyone has ideas or can provide some clever tricks and hints, PM me.

By the way, Velaya is one of the best mods I have ever played.

(if there are some mistakes in my English, I apologize, and I promise if I get the developers approval, I will check my grammar twice during the writing)You don't need anyones approval. ;)
It's great if you write a walkthrough, and for a developer it's always nice to see, when people enrich the product for others with further material. :)

fatfish
17.03.2010, 16:27
hello, i'm trying to install the G2 version 2.6 (patch) downloaded from the WoG site, i browse for the "Gothic2\system" but the installation button won't activate, and the other patches won't even let me choose the folder in witch to install, the OK button won't activate.
i've red the thread 3 times, other players had my problem, and they solved it by "breaking the law". am i doing smth wrong? is it any "legal" way? :D
help plz!!!

Sektenspinner
18.03.2010, 11:03
So you tried what Tazman Devil (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=11498379&#post11498379) suggested here?
But the report version wont install?

Altair-AoD
22.03.2010, 21:09
After staring at nameless' ass for so long this is like a blessing from Innos himself hehe. Level 4 right now, i took the challenge of no die, no reload hopefully i can make it. How did i miss this release, damn!? T T

Big thanks to everyone who made this possible. :D

Sektenspinner
22.03.2010, 22:16
After staring at nameless' ass for so long this is like a blessing from Innos himself hehe. Level 4 right now, i took the challenge of no die, no reload hopefully i can make it.You'll face some really tough and partly surprising fights. I doubt you can handle it, without knowing the dangerous spots in advance, but I wish you the best of luck!

I tried this for Gothic 1 once and failed because I took the wrong ladder to Cor Kalom. :(
(But I guess I would have failed sooner or later anyway.)

Anyways, playing like this really intensifies gamplay, so I hope you don't get yourself killed to soon!

Altair-AoD
24.03.2010, 18:06
I talked to Myxir about the teleportation runes. Can anyone tell me where i can find them all? I don't plan to make Velaya participate in any marathon. :D

Unfortunately my hardcore attempt failed miserably. A small keyboard slip and the incoming Field raider combo made short work of poor Velaya. :o Maybe next time.

Sektenspinner
24.03.2010, 19:29
Unfortunately my hardcore attempt failed miserably. A small keyboard slip and the incoming Field raider combo made short work of poor Velaya. :o Maybe next time.Sorry to hear that.

I talked to Myxir about the teleportation runes. Can anyone tell me where i can find them all? I don't plan to make Velaya participate in any marathon. :DAs Myxir said, they appeared near the places where they led to. So the rune to the city is in the harbour area near the tavern. The rune to the monastry is near the monastry and so on. Is there a particular rune you don't find?

Altair-AoD
24.03.2010, 20:14
As Myxir said, they appeared near the places where they led to. So the rune to the city is in the harbour area near the tavern. The rune to the monastry is near the monastry and so on. Is there a particular rune you don't find?
You don't understand, i want to know exactly where they are to find them asap. I already have Angars rune so where are the others?

Sektenspinner
24.03.2010, 20:21
You don't understand, i want to know exactly where they are to find them asap. I already have Angars rune so where are the others?Well, if it's that urgent, I'll give you some keywords...
monastry: You gotta climb
pass to valley of mines: waterfall
onars farm: patrick
city:barrelsThey are not hard to find, really.

Grendelyn
26.03.2010, 00:43
I keep getting this error: (This application has failed to start because SHW32.DLL was not found) when I try to open and play Velaya - Tale of a Warrior can someone tell me how to fix this problem?:dnuhr:

Korianous
26.03.2010, 04:49
Merged from Help Thread.

Grendelyn
26.03.2010, 05:51
Why did you move my thread I put it where I hoped to get help??

Korianous
26.03.2010, 20:34
Because you reported the problem while playing the Velaya mod. If it happens with or without the Velaya mod installed, it's a problem for the Help Forum.

Sektenspinner
27.03.2010, 00:33
It is highly impropable, that this is a Velaya specific problem. The mod does not contain any engine modifications.

WernerTWC
27.03.2010, 02:59
Why did you move my thread I put it where I hoped to get help??

Your thread in the help section is reopened since it seems to be a g2 and not mod related problem, check it out. :)
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=791877

Korianous
27.03.2010, 04:49
It is highly impropable, that this is a Velaya specific problem. The mod does not contain any engine modifications.

Then back to the Help Forum.

EDIT: Didn't see your post Werner ;).

firefly1981
02.04.2010, 19:43
So the narrator was you Korianous :D nice one man.
i just install velaya and wow, the intro is awesome, it reminds me of blade of darkness with free camera effect, too bad the war with the orcs is not depicted in animation as well as the earth bending by the mages. not to mention that cord learn from a khitai master in hyboria.
but enough of that, i have a few question about this mod.
1. what is velaya objectives, i mean nameless prime objective was to retrieve the eye of innos, what to do with velaya, just running around doing errands?
2. does the teacher from original notr still teach, grom doesn't seem to teach anymore (i just started the mod).
3. is there anyone with an english walkthrough or list of teacher etc, because google translate literally fucked up the german walkthrough.

Larisa
02.04.2010, 20:21
1. what is velaya objectives, i mean nameless prime objective was to retrieve the eye of innos, what to do with velaya, just running around doing errands?

At first, we could say her motive is to get revenge on the idiot who beat her at the begging of the game.

firefly1981
03.04.2010, 04:52
but dar is immortal, will his immortality removed later on in the game?
i can't go to deep water, sea monsters always eats me, is there a safe place to swim?

Sektenspinner
03.04.2010, 08:56
but dar is immortal, will his immortality removed later on in the game?Of course. Just finish the quest and you won't have problems with immortality. Just ask Cord when you are on a higher level.

i can't go to deep water, sea monsters always eats me, is there a safe place to swim?This place is called the second chapters. Once you have access to the city you can swim whereever you want.

Allana
04.04.2010, 22:22
I'm stuck at the quest for destroying the Beliar Shrines. The Sacred Hammer does not seem to work most of the time. I've been able to get it to work once, and am not sure why, as all I did was equip the hammer & go into combat mode with it, & even before I had a chance to attack the statue, I got the "X shrines to go" message (went by too fast to actually read it).

After that, nothing I do seems to cause the other shrines to be destroyed. When I equip the hammer, the statue name disappears, & the statue does not show as an enemy (no life bar). I've tried going back to a previous save, and the result most of the time is that it does not work at all. Can't even destroy a statue once.

I'm really enjoying this mod, but I suspect that if I can't clear this quest, I won't be able to finish the game. Can someone give me some suggestions? I hope I don't have to start at the beginning of Chapter 2, as I think I've cleared almost all the quests at this point.

Sektenspinner
05.04.2010, 00:02
Equip the Hammer (but don't go into combat mode) and then "use" the Statue as if you were going to pray.

Allana
05.04.2010, 03:30
That was it ... don't know why it didn't occur to me to try that ... the time it worked I must have accidentally pressed it when I was equipping my weapon for combat.

Thanks!

Allana
06.04.2010, 17:01
I just finished Velaya ... and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just wish there was more ... maybe another adventure for her? :D

One question though, the end scene with Lord Andre & Velaya at the heralds' stand ... is it available in English? Or is the text available in English? I had installed the German dialogue, because I was truly tired of the silent dialogues, and don't know if that caused the ending to be in German. If that's the case, how do I get the English back so I can hear what was said?

Thanks for all the work I know you guys put into this. It is a truly great game!

Larisa
06.04.2010, 18:53
Afaik, the extro is not done in English like the intro, so here's the text in English:

Velaya of Trollnook! You have [kind of saved us all and the island of the king and the salvation of the people and stuff]. Doing so, you gained the recognition of the leaders of the guilds, the noble and the people of lower class.
My mission on this island is over. I will return with the galley of the king to the mainland of Myrtana, where I am needed in the war against the orcs.
And thus I, Andre, lord protector of Khorinis, shall, after the death of Lord Hagen, and endowed with all royal authority, in the presence of the leader of the guilds appoint Velaya, Baronesse of Trollnook, as the new governer of Khorinis.
May the blessing of Innos be spread above you at all time, so that you may rule the people intrusted to you wisely.

Allana
06.04.2010, 22:37
Thank you very much! Nice ending .... :)

Zeri0n
07.04.2010, 23:36
i have 1 question about this. i have gothic gold, so it is v2.7, and i heard that i need v2.6, does that report verison downgrade my gothic v 2.7.?

and second, do i have to have something like player kit for g1? or it will start normally? thx in advance,

Sektenspinner
08.04.2010, 10:45
i have 1 question about this. i have gothic gold, so it is v2.7, and i heard that i need v2.6, does that report verison downgrade my gothic v 2.7.?The Reportversion is better that the version 2.7.

and second, do i have to have something like player kit for g1? or it will start normally? thx in advance,After installing, there should be a "GothicStarter" in your System directory. Use this one.

Zeri0n
08.04.2010, 21:35
thanks, i will try it

COma4ever
11.04.2010, 00:56
I installed G2 (the englisj version on 1 dvd) and Night of the raven and the g2starter.
I downloaded the patch or whatever ... but wen i try to install it, after I enter the path to the game the next button won't activate.
can anyone help ? pls.

Sektenspinner
11.04.2010, 09:01
I installed G2 (the englisj version on 1 dvd) and Night of the raven and the g2starter.
I downloaded the patch or whatever ... but wen i try to install it, after I enter the path to the game the next button won't activate.
can anyone help ? pls.Which patch are you talking about? The Report version patch?

Zeri0n
11.04.2010, 12:19
yes, that happened to me, i have gothic 2 gold which has version 2.7, is that maybe a problem? do i need version 2.6?

i can't even press ok when i select my path.

Sektenspinner
11.04.2010, 13:01
yes, that happened to me, i have gothic 2 gold which has version 2.7, is that maybe a problem? do i need version 2.6?

i can't even press ok when i select my path.That (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=11498379&#post11498379) and that (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=11647494&#post11647494) is all I know.
I never owned an English version so I never experienced any of the problems related to them.

Zeri0n
11.04.2010, 13:19
nah at all, i download the report version, and run instal, it asks me to find my gothic directory, i go to that directory but ok button cannot be pressed, i tried all folders inside gothic 2 directory too but it doesen't work at all.

i will try to download then that 2.6 gothic exe, will see then

naah cant find it, looks like i a mtoo dumb for it :D, does any1 know what should i do then? i realy want o play this mod

Larisa
11.04.2010, 19:58
What worked for me was to manually extract (with uniextract) Gothic2.exe 2.6 from the its installer and paste it in Gothic2\system\

After that, all G2 related installers (modifications, tools, etc.) didn't have the next button grayed out. For some reason, all installers check the exe version.

firefly1981
12.04.2010, 17:55
when velaya didn't use any armor her hand is the same size from her shoulder to her palm, like a log, shouldn't the palm is wider than the arm? is this a bug or does velaya original skin does looks like that.

Zeri0n
12.04.2010, 19:36
What worked for me was to manually extract (with uniextract) Gothic2.exe 2.6 from the its installer and paste it in Gothic2\system\

After that, all G2 related installers (modifications, tools, etc.) didn't have the next button grayed out. For some reason, all installers check the exe version.

w8 u mean u extracted report version, not instaled? can i use winrar for it?

WernerTWC
12.04.2010, 22:04
w8 u mean u extracted report version, not instaled? can i use winrar for it?

- Download the report version
- Unpack the report version with "Uniextract"
- "Uniextract" can be downloaded here:
http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Larisa
12.04.2010, 23:14
Also the latest 7zip manages to extract it.

Zeri0n
12.04.2010, 23:57
Thank u very much, i hope it will work...:gratz

COma4ever
13.04.2010, 05:53
ty....
the patch installed now (report version) but the next button on the mod is still grayed out .....

any ideas ? :|:|:|:(:( :((

Larisa
13.04.2010, 06:22
Don't know... the Velaya installer finds where you have G2 installed automatically? Try playing with the browse button and manually selecting where you have your G2.

Do you have some vista/7 that doesn't lets you do whatever you want?

Other modifications worked with your current G2 install?

You could also extract the Velaya installer the same way (7zip, uniextract), if you copy/paste the files correctly it should work just fine.

COma4ever
13.04.2010, 11:33
I have win7 :| could that be the problem ?
I haven't tried tried any other mods cause I only wanted to play velaya. :D

Larisa
13.04.2010, 18:02
To be sure, run all installers by rightclicking and selecting "run as administrator".

Sometimes a clean reinstall of the game\patch\mods can fix things.

Zeri0n
13.04.2010, 19:38
ty....
the patch installed now (report version) but the next button on the mod is still grayed out .....

any ideas ? :|:|:|:(:( :((

just try to find manualy your gothic 2 folder (example, i have it installed on D partition, but instaler automaticly makes a way in c/:program files/Jowood/Gothic 2, and of course then my next button won't turn on, so i had to find way to my gothic directory in D partition manualy (click browse and just find your gothic directory, click it and then ok, and u should be able to press next))

By the way, mod works gr8, i like it alot, thx for your help werner and larisa:gratz

1 question: where in the beliars name can i find dars package of weeds?

Nevermind, i found it -_-, i walked past it milion times, omg i am so blind, it was in that shrine...

Zeri0n
15.04.2010, 23:31
ehm i am stuck with 2 quests, well:
1. scavenger breeding, i caught all scavengers but i can't find male grassland scavenger - i killed all before that quest (i know at bengars farm) is there any insert code for it? plz help me urgent
2. old love, well i should return theklas armor buuut i slod it :) and when i sold it i can't buy it from harad, is there any insert code for it? plz help me urgent
3. spy - i killed moe now i am stuck, where to go?
4/ where can i find canthars helpers?
5. lighthouse quest, i was at secret hideout(island with graham) buut i didnt find anything, and quest says what if i find something what to do?

plz answer urgent

Rale
16.04.2010, 00:08
5. lighthouse quest, i was at secret hideout(island with graham) buut i didnt find anything, and quest says what if i find something what to do?

plz answer urgent

Try pressing one of water pipes as a switch

Zeri0n
16.04.2010, 01:07
ok i will do it, i just urgently need those 2 insert codes for grasslanda scavenger(male) and velayas leather armor

forget armor, i got 1 with becoming a baroness

i just need now that insert code for grassland scavenger

Zeri0n
17.04.2010, 11:17
thx for the help guys, i found out everything by myself:mad:, just cant find that damn insert code...

Sektenspinner
17.04.2010, 12:21
thx for the help guys, i found out everything by myself:mad:, just cant find that damn insert code...should be scavenger_demon and male_scavenger_demon.

But immediatly when the quest starts new scavengers are inserted. So there should be at least one male and one female scavenger around.

Zeri0n
17.04.2010, 13:17
yes i know i just was short of sheep sausages and i didnt notice so i had to kill that male scavenger, bought sausage and well corpse wasn't there:), by the way i finished the game, too bad that ch4 is so short, and i don't know why but that quest with steel is failed after talking with gerbrant

Sektenspinner
18.04.2010, 02:23
yes i know i just was short of sheep sausages and i didnt notice so i had to kill that male scavenger, bought sausage and well corpse wasn't there:), by the way i finished the game, too bad that ch4 is so short, and i don't know why but that quest with steel is failed after talking with gerbrantI'm not sure, but possibly because his contact in the harbour died during the desease.

AngelOfGothic
18.04.2010, 18:00
I'm not sure, but possibly because his contact in the harbour died during the desease.

Can the contact die?It never happened to me.And i played your mod 6 times already(not counting the reloads).
Maybe because he hadn't followed the contact - a problem in the script or something?

Sektenspinner
18.04.2010, 20:27
Can the contact die?It never happened to me.And i played your mod 6 times already(not counting the reloads).
Maybe because he hadn't followed the contact - a problem in the script or something?I looked into it. Borka dies during the desease. Thats why the quest cannot be completed after the third chapter has started.

toyharto
19.04.2010, 00:55
I finished Velaya a few days ago and had a great time! The story is well written, and Velaya's remarks are really funny.

I just missed a trip to Jarkkendar...

Zeri0n
20.04.2010, 10:19
I looked into it. Borka dies during the desease. Thats why the quest cannot be completed after the third chapter has started.

yep gerbrandt said that his contact died and he must find a new one so the quest went to failed:(

Ratamahatta
21.04.2010, 23:13
sorry for stupid question, maybe I've missed something, but does this mod works on G2 Gold?

Larisa
22.04.2010, 02:37
sorry for stupid question, maybe I've missed something, but does this mod works on G2 Gold?

Since G2 Gold means G2+NotR, yes, it should work on G2 Gold.

Ratamahatta
22.04.2010, 12:27
hmm, so when i try to install Report Version - I get this:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8198/fixf.jpg
i cannot press OK button to get my "Installieren" proceed on every single sub-folder. The same is with Velaya_English_Full.exe file - i get Choose folder where the G2:NOTr is installed - and the same like the first time.. any suggestions whats the problem? O_o

Larisa
22.04.2010, 16:41
Extract the Gothic2.exe from the report-version installer with 7zip or uniextract and manually copy/paste it in <your G2 folder>\system

After that the Velaya installer should work.

Ratamahatta
22.04.2010, 20:32
thank you again, Larisa!!!

firefly1981
24.04.2010, 10:30
can i play velaya using g2 notr gothic.dat and not velaya native gothic.dat inside the mod package?

Sektenspinner
24.04.2010, 12:21
can i play velaya using g2 notr gothic.dat and not velaya native gothic.dat inside the mod package?Clarify what you want to achieve.
The Gothic.dat contains the information about all Npcs quests and events that occur in the game. If you use the Gothic.dat instead of the Velaya.dat, you will start with the nameless hero in an empty Khorinis at Onars farm.

If your goal is to play NotR with a character that looks like Velaya, than there is no way to do that unless you compile your own dat-file.

firefly1981
24.04.2010, 13:34
well it's because i have customize my g2 notr gothic.dat with the notr customizer and i want to play with modified values of weapons damage, lp, and magic damage to my liking.
now that you mention that it's impossible to play velaya with g2 notr gothic.dat can notr customizer able to customize velaya gothic.dat (i haven't try it so i don't know).
any hint?
ps: i'm not good in compiling dat files too many error

Tratos
24.04.2010, 18:21
well it's because i have customize my g2 notr gothic.dat with the notr customizer and i want to play with modified values of weapons damage, lp, and magic damage to my liking.
now that you mention that it's impossible to play velaya with g2 notr gothic.dat can notr customizer able to customize velaya gothic.dat (i haven't try it so i don't know).
any hint?
ps: i'm not good in compiling dat files too many error

Usually that would not be possible. For the customiser looks for values in specific places and changes them if it finds them. When creating velaya, if anything you want to change was moved away from "where it was", it would not work.

The only way is to decompile velaya's gothic.dat, change what you wanna change, then recompile the file. If I weren't so busy at the moment, I would've helped, sry.

Zeri0n
24.04.2010, 20:28
i have 2 maybe weird questions about this mod:
1. madman, you certainly know whom i am talking about, can i do anthing with him? quest or nothing?
2. arnold the barbarian wanted picture, can i find him?

Sektenspinner
25.04.2010, 01:10
well it's because i have customize my g2 notr gothic.dat with the notr customizer and i want to play with modified values of weapons damage, lp, and magic damage to my liking.That is not possible with Velaya. There is a native difficulty setting however. You can control enemy hitpoints and enemy strength that way.

i have 2 maybe weird questions about this mod:
1. madman, you certainly know whom i am talking about, can i do anthing with him? quest or nothing?
2. arnold the barbarian wanted picture, can i find him? The answer to either question is no.

Ratamahatta
27.04.2010, 18:40
i began this awesome mod and so far couple questions - where to find travel rune to harbor city, who has it?
and who's gonna make me crawler plate armor for me?
thank you!

Sektenspinner
27.04.2010, 22:15
Near the point where it teleports to. Search near some crates some meters west of the tavern.

As for the crawler plate armour: Ask Orlan or Wolf.

Spawn992
01.05.2010, 20:28
i've just instaled velaya mod but when i speak to someone ingame i can't hear any sound .. subtitles are working fine and i can also hear npcs talking to each other but when i talk with them , like i said - no sound at all :/ in folder C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Gothic II\_work\Data\Scripts\CONTENT\CUTSCENE there is no ou.dat file to rename .. only ou.lsc and ou (vide CD Movie file) .. what should i do? ty for your help

Larisa
01.05.2010, 21:29
Welcome here §wink

what should i do?

Start recording. :p

There's no speech because nobody recorded it for this mod. Full speech is available only in German, not in English.

Spawn992
02.05.2010, 03:04
where can i find lost ring ?? i forgot name of the owner :/ it should be between bridge and tavern but i can't find it

Ratamahatta
02.05.2010, 12:19
you won't find that ring. just go for quest update by those stairs to Akil's farm by the waypoint near the main road to landowner. and then return back to owner of the ring.

Sektenspinner
02.05.2010, 12:22
where can i find lost ring ?? i forgot name of the owner :/ it should be between bridge and tavern but i can't find itIf you have not been east from the path from to bridge to the tavern you should go there. You'll find two warans and get a diary entry. I speak of the place with the burnt hut.

Tratos
02.05.2010, 17:10
Posts moved to one thread, to keep the release one clean and nice. Since this one is at 400, it shall be closed.

Next here (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=810942).

Edit: Moved a few posts away from this thread, it went under 400, but I still think we can migrate to the new one, so - still closed.