PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Problems selling to shopkeepers in Gothic 1

Katie2G
03.10.2009, 23:17
I have just started playing the Gothic series and have started with G1. I am having trouble selling items to traders in the old camp. I move the items I want to sell to the middle column, press enter and then press enter with accept highlighted. The items are removed from my inventory and appear in the traders inventory. However, I receive no coin. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. I have Gothic Universe and am playing on Vista. Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

KGS
03.10.2009, 23:36
That way you are giving your goods for free...
You should move the things/ore you want in the 'other' middle column /next to the trader's inventory/.

Maladiq
03.10.2009, 23:37
I have just started playing the Gothic series and have started with G1. I am having trouble selling items to traders in the old camp. I move the items I want to sell to the middle column, press enter and then press enter with accept highlighted. The items are removed from my inventory and appear in the traders inventory. However, I receive no coin. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. I have Gothic Universe and am playing on Vista. Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

First of all, welcome here§wink How are you, where you from? Please don;t forget to read the forum rules. (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/announcement.php?f=160&a=55)

Second of all, this thread belongs to this section. (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)

Third, to answer your question: it is not a bug. When treading you must select in the left column ore/merchandise from the trader, else you will give your items for free. For an exchange to take place, the sum of ore selected must be smaller or the same size with the items you want to trade. Else, if the items you want to give have a smaller value than the ore you want to take, nothing happenes.

WernerTWC
03.10.2009, 23:37
Hi and §welcome to the forum!

No, that's not a bug, ... it's a feature. :)

That means, ... you can exchange items and such with traders without coins or gold or something, ... you can trade without a "currency", ... only the "worth" of the things you sell/buy is of interesst, ... you have a good sword, ... you can exchange it for some potions (in example).

Katie2G
04.10.2009, 04:39
Thanks everyone. I finally figured it out - works on barter rather than cash selling. Too bad that a manual does not come with Gothic Universe (no PDF file on the disk).

And, thanks for the friendly welcome.