PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 1 - Can't play tha game

Dino
13.01.2009, 09:18
Oooookay, what the crap is this? When I go to the video options menu, and want to change the resolution to 1024x768@32, the freagin' monitor goes insane and can't work. It says: Out of Range: 20.8 @ 60 HZ. and that it's, I have to restart the computer. Unless I'm able to minimize the game and end it manually by any chance.

I've had this error last time I wanted to play the game, but was able to trick it - I went on 60 HZ and the game worked. After that I went to the video options and changed it. Then I went to 85 Hz again, and it worked just fine. Now it won't. What the hell? Suggestions, any1?

Tonček
13.01.2009, 12:55
Try and change desktop resolution.

Darth Crow
13.01.2009, 17:25
Yeah, that should work.

Dino
13.01.2009, 19:01
It didn't. I also tried changing from 32 to 16 bit, and form 85 hz to 60. Still nothing, the monitor goes crazy and shows me this error. It's like turned off.

WernerTWC
13.01.2009, 21:26
Try and change desktop resolution.

I wanna add something:

@Dino:
Try to choose the exactly same resolution you have on the desktop for the game, ... desktop <-> game should have the same resolution (and HZ and colordepth).

Dino
13.01.2009, 22:02
I wanna add something:

@Dino:
Try to choose the exactly same resolution you have on the desktop for the game, ... desktop <-> game should have the same resolution (and HZ and colordepth).

I did, still nothing. The monitor is freaking out and turning off, almost as like I'm unplugging it's cable connecting it to the PC and just leaving the power cable.

[edit]
I'm gonna try something. I'm gonna go to the highest resolution I have, and randomly change the frequency(HZ) of the monitor. Let's see if this works out...

[edit2]
IT WORKED!!!! Somehow, I managed to make gothic 1 in Windowed mode. This way the monitor wasn't turning off, and I was able to change the resolution of gothic 1, then the resolution of the desktop and the frequency.
Finally! Gothic 1 hardcore attempt, here I come!