PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 2 keyboard problem

GunnerySarge
09.01.2009, 19:37
Hey guys, if anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it...
I installed Gothic 2: Golden edition on my laptop, opened it and was greeted by a black screen. After making some modifications in the video section of the Gothic.ini file (which I did to gothic I as well and it work fine) the game opened and...my keyboard doesn't work, no key...nuthin...nada. I used the mouse to scroll through the controls and nothing seemed to be wrong.
I got a Dell Latitude D530, on xp if that helps...

Anybody got any ideas?

.†.MikeL.†.
09.01.2009, 23:46
Did you actually play and it wasn't working or....? You can start the game with the mouse only.

GunnerySarge
10.01.2009, 00:18
I can start the game, can get past the conversation with Xardas, but no key works, i can only turn around (yea the fact that the mouse still works is actually more annoying) to exit the game i gotta Alt+Ctrl+Delete

TazmanDevil
10.01.2009, 05:50
As you had to change the settings for the video, I assume you are running on Vista. So always start the game as administrator and set the compatibility mode to Win XP Sp2.

If this does not already solve the problem additionally do the following:
Make a backup copy of your gothic.ini and delete it /move it out of the system directory. At the next start Gothic automatically re-creates the .ini file (skip the black screens for now with the [Esc] kery as you now again won't have video). Check if the keys (arrow up and down in the menue; w/s/a/d/... within game) work now. Then change the scaleVideos setting back to 0 in the gothic.ini (be carefull, don't corrupt the file).

GunnerySarge
10.01.2009, 15:49
Yeah something weird happened to that. The black sreen I was talking about when I did the modifications just gave me a cursor, no sound on the background, and certainly no game if I would have waited. So i modified the windowed mode, and resolution specs, and that worked. Second of all I use XP, not Vista.

Ready for the weird part? I did what you said about the deleting gothic.ini thing, and now the game opened fullscreen with videos (yey, I can now see the Pirahna Bytes logo) but I could only use the mouse...again.

TazmanDevil
10.01.2009, 21:53
Did you try to re-install the game?
And what version of G2 dou you have? Is it 2.7 (you see it in the lower right part of the main menue)

GunnerySarge
10.01.2009, 22:44
I have re-installed the game (same problem, at least its constant), and I got the 2.6 version

GunnerySarge
10.01.2009, 23:20
Another weird thing, installed my old Gothic I (that might keep me busy for a while) and it works!!! I thought it was some out-of-date program or what-not that doesn't work for NotR (no, I'm not good with computers)...

TazmanDevil
10.01.2009, 23:51
Are you currently using a wireless keyboard? If yes: can you exchange that one with PS/2 or USB keyboard?

There is a patch you could install, but I doubt that it helps in your case: klick (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=122)

GunnerySarge
10.01.2009, 23:58
ugh...Laptop...the keyboard CAN'T be more attached to the computer...

TazmanDevil
11.01.2009, 00:14
ugh...Laptop...the keyboard CAN'T be more attached to the computer...
Two final proposals from my side:

Try an external keyboard (if you have one).
Try if it helps to change the keyboard configuration in the settings dialog.

GunnerySarge
11.01.2009, 12:30
By the settings dialog I assume you mean gothic.ini (told you I ain't good with computers) and I have changed and rechanged every keyboard setting in there;

I don't have an external keyboard, but I'll see what I can do about that.

P.S. It is not the version, I downloaded Gothic 2 demo and it gives me the same problem...

Thanks for the help Tazman; but I would still apeciate anybody else giving a less costly solution preposition