PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Made a mistake in Montera and got the Orcs mad. Is there a way to fix this?

CommieRed
08.01.2009, 20:56
Hi, was doing the quest to lure the Orc slave guards away from Montera, while at the same time doing quests for Mercs. After luring away the second orc and dispatching him I got the bribe the next Orc that accuses you of murder line and did so. I then stupidly assumed that I could kill and bribe non stop, and so lured a third guard to his death. Idiotically I saved over my quick save right here and so then when I went to the fourth guard thinking I can bribe him too, to my astonishment I see that not only is he not interested, but now everyone is against me.

Now ok, just reload to an earlier game I think, but that one is 10 hrs of playtime earlier, and I hope I don't have to do everything all over again.

So what I'm asking, is there anyway of stopping everyone from attacking me? Does the 'talk your way out of things' skill help with the conversation? If so I would teleport to Cape Dun eventually when I scrape up some more skill points.
Otherwise is there a cheat to reset the guards reactions?

Shadow
08.01.2009, 20:57
Hi, was doing the quest to lure the Orc slave guards away from Montera, while at the same time doing quests for Mercs. After luring away the second orc and dispatching him I got the bribe the next Orc that accuses you of murder line and did so. I then stupidly assumed that I could kill and bribe non stop, and so lured a third guard to his death. Idiotically I saved over my quick save right here and so then when I went to the fourth guard thinking I can bribe him too, to my astonishment I see that not only is he not interested, but now everyone is against me.

Now ok, just reload to an earlier game I think, but that one is 10 hrs of playtime earlier, and I hope I don't have to do everything all over again.

So what I'm asking, is there anyway of stopping everyone from attacking me? Does the 'talk your way out of things' skill help with the conversation? If so I would teleport to Cape Dun eventually when I scrape up some more skill points.
Otherwise is there a cheat to reset the guards reactions?

that's why you should save in different slots

CommieRed
08.01.2009, 21:30
Yeah, learnt that the hard way...§cry

Shadow
08.01.2009, 21:54
Yeah, learnt that the hard way...§cry

first time always happens

Bastardo
08.01.2009, 22:15
You don't necessarily need the occupied Montera to be friendly to finish the game.

CommieRed
08.01.2009, 22:57
Yeah, but I wanted to do all the quests in it first!

I went back to the saved game, backed away from the Orc guard before the conversation started and went off to level up with some creatures. An hr later I teleported to Cape Dun and bought the 'talk yourself out of a situation' skill. Then trudged all the way back to Montera. Met the Orc again. Tried the skill in the conversation and by a miracle it worked!

I saved immediately afterward in a few places so as not to have to face this again! Funny thing is, just out of curiosity I reloaded to that spot and had the conversation again and this time the Orc didn't believe me, not even 5 times after that. So I guess that there is a percentage chance in this and I got lucky. Though I wonder if I always had this chance and that skill is useless.

Anyway, lesson is simple: Always make many saves!

Korianous
08.01.2009, 23:19
This is a thread better left for the Gothic 3 Help Section. Not really a huge deal, just something to bear in mind in the future ;)

Rashnu
09.01.2009, 12:49
This is a thread better left for the Gothic 3 Help Section.

Next time, please just use the "Report" http://forum.worldofplayers.de/layouts/wog-en/report.gifbutton and we'll move this thing a bit earlier. :)

---> moved.

Lobedan
09.01.2009, 15:10
So I guess that there is a percentage chance in this and I got lucky.
Yes, that's right. The chance, make excuses is working successfully, depends on your thieving skill (when you installed community patch 1.5 or higher).

Well, there is also a way with cheats to make the orcs friendly again. Try this link: click (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=6672329&#post6672329)

WernerTWC
09.01.2009, 20:32
Just thought of something you can try;

spawn SH

then talk to him and up your reputation with the Montera Orcs.

Iirc the reputation has nothing to do with the "angry" red marked NPCs/Orcs.

CommieRed
10.01.2009, 17:54
Thanks for the info, very useful. Luckily for me I was still level 20 or so when it happened and only needed to play for hr or more to level up and get LP's for the thievery talking skill, otherwise if I was level 40 or so, it would have taken forever and such cheats would have been good.

Old Nick
16.01.2009, 18:17
If you wanna play the missions in Ishtar try not to do the same mistake in the dessert.About the guards in Montera;you were supposed to take them to the rebels,not to kill them.Killing them was rebels job.Not yours.

CommieRed
26.01.2009, 22:25
Aha, thanks. Will remember that on next play with the new CP patch coming!