PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Problem playing G3

Filbert13
07.01.2009, 18:54
Alright when I first intalled Gothic 3 I came across the guru error. I solved that problem on my computer and have been playing the game with out running into a bug since. I put many hours on since then and now have came across a new problem. The game will run fine but after 10 minutes or so this happens http://forum.jowood.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44124&d=1231349951.I had not changed any settings, and have had tons of hours on the game before yet never came across this until then. Any key on the keyboard will bring that bar in the top left up and will insert lets and symbols. It will bog down the game, runs it slow and will start to freeze it up after a minute or too of trying to play. I am not sure what started this issue and have no clue how to fix it. I have 1.6 also. It is also not the same bar as the debugger.

Larisa
07.01.2009, 19:16
Never saw that bar before. It looks like Chinese (or other asian country) symbols.

If you close G3, that bar doesn't remain on the desktop (to find it's process)?

WernerTWC
08.01.2009, 17:55
Looks like a virus/trojaner/spyware or such, check for those.

Filbert13
08.01.2009, 18:27
No it doesnt remain at the desktop... but i'll try running the game and opening regedit and try and track it down if it is a different process, when this happens again. Also my pc is clean I have ran AVG, Hijack this, plus many online scans and never came up with anything (also other than that there is no other reason to believe there is a virus).

Filbert13
09.01.2009, 00:00
I have also reinstalled the game and it still is having the same problem....

Lobedan
09.01.2009, 16:06
I have also reinstalled the game and it still is having the same problem....
I guess it's quite sure that this problem isn't caused by the game. Check your computer for other causes. As Werner told it could be any kind of virus, so check your your hard drive for them.
Also take time for a short brainstorming and think of if there were any problems at your pc before this error appears in the game. Maybe you installed some special software or anything like that.

Filbert13
09.01.2009, 20:41
I think it is just a corrupted save:(! I have started a new game and havent ran into that problem at all, thanks for the help though.

Edit:
Well nvm that. I started a new game last night and loged around 2 hours with out that happening. So I thought it must of been a corrupt save... well I just loaded that same game and after 5 minutes it poped up again... So it occuring if I start a new game but when I load one it will pop up 5-10minutes into the game.

Lobedan
09.01.2009, 21:40
One question: Are you able to translate the signs in these boxes? Can you tell us what there is written? Because I guess we aren't able to do that ;)

Filbert13
10.01.2009, 02:42
haha I wish I could but for the record I only know english and live in the USA, you guess is as good as mine why it is in asian or something along that line... And it depends on what I push, it is many the one symbol because thats what "w" brings up (and I am usually runing or what not when it occurs). But also if you look w is also appear...... The only why to make these numbers appear that I know of in any type of windows is using number codes like alt 170 brings this symbol up◄ and ect... so these symbols are coming for that database unless gothic has them embedded somewhere in the game (their own alt codes or other languages). Atleast that is what I would asume.

WernerTWC
10.01.2009, 21:30
Again,... this kinda cannot be a problem of the game itself, ... the problem must be somewhere in your system/PC, ... Gothic 3 doesn't bring up such asian symbols on the screen.

Filbert13
10.01.2009, 23:14
I don't know if I have been luck but for the last day it hasn't been appearing... I have done multiple virus and spyware scans with multiple companies, and have yet to find anything. But I have been looking for anything running in the back ground that would cause this and havnt found an usually program. But the problem may not be Gothic 3 in general, I know that, but there is something that is triggering this from gothic 3, I pretty sure of that because this doesn't happen while I do anything else on my system.