PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Pros and Cons of 1 handed and 2 handed melee weapons

I Hate Snow
06.01.2009, 03:59
Is there somewhere that explains the differences in weapons and why I would want to use a heavy two handed weapon over a faster one handed weapon which allows me use of a shield?

I am master in swords and heavy weapons. Heavy weapons just seem to get me killed more and require me to heal more often because of the slower recovery time between swings.

Is it just a preference thing?

_DieGo_
06.01.2009, 12:18
Is there somewhere that explains the differences in weapons and why I would want to use a heavy two handed weapon over a faster one handed weapon which allows me use of a shield?

I am master in swords and heavy weapons. Heavy weapons just seem to get me killed more and require me to heal more often because of the slower recovery time between swings.

Is it just a preference thing?
AFAIK, yes. Every type has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, with a shield you don't get knocked down that easily (i think not at all) and you can block arrows and some hits, but with a dual-wield you can slash the enemies more easily and faster, but you get knocked down more often. As for large weapons, idk, i haven't used them yet, but i think they are just slow with big damage, as they should be.

.†.MikeL.†.
06.01.2009, 21:27
1h weapons are faster but weaker, 2h weapons are slower but way stronger (also they require more STR to wield), with dual weapons you have the exact same attack power with 1h weapon but faster against multiple apponents, with 1h + shield you can block arrows and some hits (like _DieGo_ said) and it also gives you more defence.

Don't worry too much about the whole thing though, in G3 you can learn almost all skills in the game, so don't hasitate to learn all of the styles, it's better that way 'cause you can set your equipment accordig to the situation.
It's a matter of choice and style ;)

I Hate Snow
06.01.2009, 21:40
Thanks for the replies.

One major issue with the two handed weapon I had was that the boob playing the game had accidentally equipped a 'worn' weapon. After switching to the correct weapon things went a lot better. :eek:

Old Nick
16.01.2009, 17:37
I always like 1h weapons.They are faster and easy to use.You don't get tired too soon.You can combine your hits so fast than you cat hit your opponent 3 times before he hit you.But you must be strong.I played G3 with Katana from level 10 till the end.I went to Bakaresh from Kap Dun,fight in the arena ,went in Mora Sul ,fight in the arena too,got katana from Kalom learned 160 hunting skill and used it.It's a beautiful weapon.

Petyamester
16.01.2009, 23:29
Now I tried to build a heavy weapon char, but it's impossible, you get killed all the time, and the plus damage doesn't worth it! 1h + shield is the way to go.