PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Disable Snowstorms in Nordmar?

I Hate Snow
05.01.2009, 23:30
Traveling around Nordmar is difficult enough in good weather, is there a way I can disable snowstorms via the console.

I don't mind the snow falling, I just cant stand the limited visibility. It makes me feel claustrophobic and frustrated which really diminishes my enjoyment of this otherwise awesome game. :mad:

ZombieNL
05.01.2009, 23:37
Nordmar is verry confusing indeed.
without the map or compass i would get lost all the time.
It would be verry helpfull if there is always nice wheather there.

Negative
06.01.2009, 00:52
Mistress Larissa and I tried adjusting some files to see if we could make the "fog" clear instead of white, but we never found out how to avoid it. This may be part of the weather system and I'm not sure how that inputs graphics.

Buccaneer
06.01.2009, 01:38
Nordmar was the only place that was challenging, why make it easier?

I Hate Snow
06.01.2009, 04:03
Nordmar is plenty challenging without the blinding snow. The terrain does not allow for easy travel between points A and B. Just about every quest location I have been to has been found due to accidentally stumbling upon it.

Larisa
07.01.2009, 14:48
Afaik (and it was confirmed by CPT members) the weather effects can't be disabled/enabled via some console command.

Like Negative said, we though some time ago that maybe editing some texture (and making it 100% transparent) would disable the fog, but maybe the weather effects don't use a texture or we didn't found the right one.

One trick would be to change the time in game. Usually that changes the weather also.
Console command: game.SetTime(11,47) for 11:47. Play with other time values until you get rid of the fog.
Or sleep in a bed, that also changes weather.

I Hate Snow
10.01.2009, 06:56
Thanks for looking into it.

I was able to finish Nordmar without having to suffer the storms too much. I noticed that when I would restart a saved game where the weather was particularly nasty in the saved image, it would be clear and sunny or vice versa when the game loaded.

If I were in an area where the low visibility was beginning to annoy me I would quicksave and reload. The reloading would generate random weather and save me from the horrid winter storms of Nordmar.

I have to deal with enough snow in the real world that it kind of irks me to have to deal with the crap in a fantasy world. :mad:

I hate snow!