PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 2 Gold

terickso
03.01.2009, 08:23
I bought this game awhile ago and didn't have any luck running it. I am trying it again. I install all 4 discs no errors or problems. I try running the gothic2.exe or use the shortcut it creates and nothing.

I have tried to install it and uninstall it twice.

Have all latest drivers and patches for windows xp
Have 2 8800 gt in sli

creative labs xfi

Something blips quickly in the task manager but I can't see it it was so fast. I tried disabling firewall and avg antivirus and windows defender.

Anybody have this problem and got it to work?

Magpie
03.01.2009, 10:15
This is just a wild guess, but could it be SLI? This is an older game and maybe doesn't like it, try to disable it?

Tratos
03.01.2009, 16:45
Also, what about your CPU? Is it single or multi-core?

Finally, disabling anti-virus and all that is sometimes not enough. UnInstall them all to be sure that this is not the problem.

TazmanDevil
04.01.2009, 00:21
I bought this game awhile ago and didn't have any luck running it. I am trying it again. I install all 4 discs no errors or problems. I try running the gothic2.exe or use the shortcut it creates and nothing.

I have tried to install it and uninstall it twice.

Have all latest drivers and patches for windows xp
Have 2 8800 gt in sli

creative labs xfi

Something blips quickly in the task manager but I can't see it it was so fast. I tried disabling firewall and avg antivirus and windows defender.

Anybody have this problem and got it to work?
Check the version of the Gothic2.exe file (via the file properties in windows explorer). If it is a 2.6 or 2.7 you can try to install this patch: Report-Version: Gothic2.exe (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=122)