PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 2: Any advanced .ini tweaks?

Lrucard
24.12.2008, 04:18
Recently, I’ve been wanting to play Gothic 2, and thinking that my computer would overpower it with the recommended specs, I soon found out there are areas that it still has reduced frame rate.. I mean, I can play games like Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 2142, Half-Life 2, Oblivion, and other games just fine, but this game seems to give my computer a beaten in areas like the City of Khorinis, and a few others.. The rest it does fine, even with 300 percent Range of View and Object Fading, but I just don’t like it when the game is going real fluently and then the frame rates drastically go down.. its not totally bad but I still don’t like it.. and I know I can do the F1 and F2 trick, but I don’t feel like doing that.. I like to see everything that was made in the game, and to see it as realistic as it can be.. My question is there any way to tweak this game more, maybe in the .ini file or elsewhere, so I can have a full solid 60fps ++ , with 300 percent or more with Range of View and Object Fading, at any place in this game??

Also the specs on my Computer too..

Windows XP Professional
Intel Core 2 E6600 at 2.40GHz CPU
Asus P5LD2 Motherboard
4 x Kingston 1 GB DDR2-667 (5.0-5-5-15)
EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX
Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 400-GB Hard Drive

Darth Crow
24.12.2008, 12:50
Khorinis as well as other places lag for anyone so, sadly, there's noyhing you can do about it...it's about the engine, so it can not be tweaked.

Bastardo
24.12.2008, 13:59
and I know I can do the F1 and F2 trick, but I don’t feel like doing that..Then I suppose you should get over it and do that... personally I tried everything I could with no result.
...there's also F3 and F4 by the way.

Huntsman
24.12.2008, 15:06
Just curious, what do F1,2,3 and 4 do?

DrakeNero
24.12.2008, 15:27
Increases draw distance

Huntsman
24.12.2008, 15:30
Increases draw distance

Ah, right, I forgot about that. Thanks.

Lrucard
25.12.2008, 07:51
Then I suppose you should get over it and do that... personally I tried everything I could with no result.
...there's also F3 and F4 by the way.

I know I should get over it, but I still was wondering if it could be done. I didn't mention F3 or F4 because it increases the draw distances in the game and thus creates more lag in those certain areas in the game. I guess if there is no way to get around this then, I'll leave this topic be, but I'd still love to hear if anybody got something to work well in their game too..

Bastardo
25.12.2008, 16:51
I was left wondering too, I mean, when I bought a shiny new PC and the performance was no better than before. :dnuhr:

Go figure...