PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic II question

Saberstorm
23.12.2008, 07:27
I am about to install Gothic II on my laptop. It is an Aspire 3682 with an Intel Celeron M processor 440 (1.86 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1MB cache)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

80 GB HDD

512MB DDR2

It is loaded with Windows Vista Basic.

SHOULD I HAVE ANY TROUBLES?

Saberstorm
23.12.2008, 08:05
I've installed it. Now it says "Error! when you first time run this program, You must have admin privileges!"

It will not let me start the game.

Onisuzume
23.12.2008, 10:22
Which is pretty obvious if you have vista. :rolleyes:
You could try this (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=456643), or formatting the PC, deleting vista and install XP.

Though the most imporant thing would be to be logged in a administrator when you install G2.

Magpie
23.12.2008, 11:41
Funny. I never had any problems with G1 or 2 with my Vista. But now when I think I have disabled UAC, witch I highly recommend (Contron panel - users - turn user account control on or off). Even your Graphics chipset is able to run both older Gothics, but do not try G3!

And you have way too little memory to run Vista :eek: ! With that memory you can run Vista and nothing else. If it is possible to add more memory to your laptop (should be) do so.

Windmacht
23.12.2008, 11:47
I've installed it. Now it says "Error! when you first time run this program, You must have admin privileges!"

It will not let me start the game.
Right click on the Gothic2.exe and search for something, where you can run it as an administrator.
(I don't know the englisch text for this, only the german one.)

Huntsman
23.12.2008, 12:23
And you have way too little memory to run Vista :eek: ! With that memory you can run Vista and nothing else. If it is possible to add more memory to your laptop (should be) do so.

^^ That. And don't expect a good performance with G2 either as it's pretty much dependent on RAM memory alone.

Saberstorm
24.12.2008, 00:53
I got it to install and run. But then after playing it for twenty minutes I uninstalled it. It is just too akward to control without a mouse...

Bastardo
24.12.2008, 05:05
Then plug a mouse in... :dnuhr:

Magpie
24.12.2008, 11:00
Öööö...is there a PC-game you play without mouse? Why you don't play with mouse? I'm out as a snowman here.

Songlian
25.12.2008, 19:40
I got it to install and run. But then after playing it for twenty minutes I uninstalled it. It is just too akward to control without a mouse...

I have a laptop also and have never bought a mouse for it. Just go through the Controls section, modify the keys as you see feet and then you'll see that it is very very easy to play it without mouse. And I think the awkward part goes in about 20 minutes. :)