PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Doesn't work

Bamfy
22.12.2008, 14:07
I installed Gothic 3 on my PC.Then I used the 3D analyzer that helps you play some games you`re video card isn't actually supporting it.Anyway,installed the program,disabled transformation of lighting or something like that.I opened Gothic 3 and didn't receive any error.The logo played but the game exits when I am at the menu and I don't receive any error.Except the of transformation,my video card supports everything Gothic 3 needs(2.0 pixel shader,128 mb And I don't know what else)
Is it because of the program I use?(I can play the witcher and nwn 2 thanks to 3D analyzer)
PS,sorry for the not-so-suggestive title.:D

Darth Crow
22.12.2008, 17:09
You meant exits yeah? :D
Did you install any patches? Patch the game to the newest version and try again.
Btw I don't believe your card doesn't have hardware transform & lightning (that's how it's called) if it has PS 2.0 and all. I think (but may be wrong) that every card nowadays has H T&L.
Anyway, try those patches, the release version is SURE to be unstable and CTD.

Bamfy
22.12.2008, 17:24
Yeah,I meant exits.:o
I have installed patch 1.6 and the game still doesn't work.
My video card is not from nowadays.Yeah,it does have 2.0 PS(I can't believe it) but doesn't have H T&L thingy.(checked with canyourunit)

Darth Crow
22.12.2008, 20:09
What about system specs?

Bamfy
24.12.2008, 00:44
1 GB ram
Pentium 4 3 Ghz
Integrated video card 128 mb

I know,it doesn't actually support the game,but I can still play some games that normally wouldn't work for me.

Lobedan
24.12.2008, 06:21
1 GB ram
Pentium 4 3 Ghz
Integrated video card 128 mb

I know,it doesn't actually support the game,but I can still play some games that normally wouldn't work for me.
Do you have any name of the video card? Gothic 3 supports only Ati and Nvidia. Although it has the necessary features, if it isn't supported, there won't be any regular way to play the game.

Bamfy
24.12.2008, 12:08
I wasn't even thinking of playing the game in the normal.
If I wasn't doing nothing to the game,I would have received a guru error.If this tweak,I made the logos come.And that means something.My video card isn't supporting Gothic 3.(intel 94...)

DTR
01.01.2009, 13:05
Do you have any name of the video card? Gothic 3 supports only Ati and Nvidia. Although it has the necessary features, if it isn't supported, there won't be any regular way to play the game.

I bet they are just washing their hands this way... Easier just to check with two most popular manufacturers instead of every single piece out there.

Whatever Direct3d HAL supports, gothic 3 supports.

Magpie
03.01.2009, 10:26
Wont work with Intel. I have tried.

Lobedan
03.01.2009, 17:07
Does too... I've played it just fine on both major manufacturer's processors.
But we are talking about video cards, not about processors ;)

Kostaz
03.01.2009, 21:47
Intel does produce Integrated video cards.

Magpie
04.01.2009, 09:37
video card isn't supporting Gothic 3.(intel 94...)

Does it say videocard? Does it say Intel? Yes it does! Oh my!

I couldn't even start the game with my laptop, witch had Intel GMA, and yes, I'm talking about a craphics chipset, it is not even a card. I found the reason was a glow-effect, chipset couldn't handle it. And if someone now says "why not try to turn it off" I will come and stab through internet.

Sometimes game can be played with not supported card, I played G3 with Ati 1250X, witch was not supported, but Intels chipsets are not ment for gaming at all.