PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 3 ingame problems

Emilyan
20.12.2008, 08:21
Hello. I would like an advice about gothic 3, because it is hard to play it (i mean that it is a hardware problem: it takes a lot of time to load the screen while loading a game, and ingame it has some freezes from time to time. If I play at maximum graphics, it moves a bit slowly than at minimum graphics. Still, I can play the game, but it is hard. Well, I have AMD DURON with 1,6 ghz, ati x1650 with 512 mb vram and 1,5 gb ram.). What should i do in order to play it easier (hope you understand what i mean, without freezes and lot of time to load every place, maybe its a problem of frames, i don`t know). Is there a tweak or something i could change at UserOptions.txt in order to play it easier?
(sorry for my english)
Thank you

firefly1981
20.12.2008, 08:36
Well why don't you use the lowest setting in the menu, and enlarge your memory and or virtual memory, and don't forget to install the latest patches to ensure everything will run appropriately, i use the medium setting with an onboard vga but it's rather ok, i'm sure you can get better result with that vga of yours.

Emilyan
20.12.2008, 09:31
well, i use the lowest setting and i think 1,5 gb ram is enough, and i also have the last comunity patch. I think it can be a problem of the processor (it has just 1,6 ghz), or...

What do you mean by enlarging memory?

firefly1981
20.12.2008, 10:14
Well what i mean is by adding a new memory module, or by increasing the virtual memory that windows uses you know system properties->advanced->virtual memory->set it manually to let just say 1,5 GB
I have 1 GB of physical memory and 1,5 GB of virtual memory and gothic 3 runs quite ok, and yes duron is not too powerful, i once have a duron too.

Emilyan
20.12.2008, 10:20
well, when i looked there, i saw that i have 2046 mb virtual ram. what should i do to make gothic 3 load faster? (something about a .ini file to change something there.. i donīt know...). I searched on google and saw only for increase performance. Do you know something to help me? (sorry, but i disabled the sound and it works better, but still it takes 6-8 minutes to load a saved game or a new game).

firefly1981
20.12.2008, 10:47
well gothic 3 is a gluttonous game, if lowering settings and resolution and installing patches or optimizing the current game and computer configuration didn't work to make it faster and better then you might have to buy new hardware to play it.

DrakeNero
20.12.2008, 12:34
Well to give you some advices you should upgrade ram and procesor since 1.5 ram is the minimum requirments and install cp 1.6,by installing cp 1.6 you don't need an ini tweak since the patch already comes with one wich improves performance

Bastardo
20.12.2008, 14:56
Most of us played it like you say.

Your PC is very similar to mine (but I got 2Gb of Ram and I can confirm it really helps, I've seen the difference between 1Gb and 2Gb and it's two completely different performances on loadings), I can tell you my settings:
Max. drawing distances.
Medium resource cache.
Medium object details.
Pixel Shader 2.0 (for some reason when I set it on 1.1 it lags more, and same goes for 3.0).
Medium and trilinear textures.
Low vegetation quality. Doesn't look so low anyway and eases the burden.
No shadows at all of course.
About post processing it really depends on you, I personally like the distance effect and the bloom isn't the worst I've ever seen, and it doesn't really screw the performance - at least here.

There are some things I've changed in the .ini that really helped but unfortunately I used an article that I can't find any more, I wouldn't really know on my own what could help.