PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 2 Gold and ati 4870

Nakuli
14.12.2008, 13:01
I have played Gothic2 gold without any problems over 25 hours, but suddenly it started to crashed and i cant play it anymore §cry
Just wanted to ask, if it could be somekind problem with ati cards or latest drivers maybe? Only thing that i have changed in my system lately is drivers... :dnuhr:

WernerTWC
14.12.2008, 20:11
I have played Gothic2 gold without any problems over 25 hours, but suddenly it started to crashed and i cant play it anymore §cry

Please explain more detailed. How it crashed (any error message?)? Why you can't play it anymore (any error message?)?

Only thing that i have changed in my system lately is drivers... :dnuhr:

You mean you have updated them? To a beta driver?

Ast3r
14.12.2008, 21:04
Roll back to your previous drivers and see if it still crashes.

Nakuli
18.12.2008, 19:19
Oh... stupid me, i'll try to be more detailed. Whole computer chashes, so i cant see any errors... screen freezes and sound jammed. I have used many drivers mostly official release, but i dont want to roll back, because old drivers did give problems with some other games :dnuhr:

I love Gothic series, but they really asks patience. With Gothic one i had problems with sounds, but gladly i managed to play it through (by disabling sounds for a while). I'm already afraid what Gothic 3 will come up with :D

Onisuzume
18.12.2008, 22:55
What's your operating system?
Bar that, just give us a complete as possible system information. (shouldn't this be standard for technical help?)

Nakuli
14.01.2009, 20:13
Ok, things shorted out. Reinstall of windows did do the trick. It was ati beta drivers that f**k up my system so good that it couldn't be repair anymore, but thanks for help anyway :)
I'll probably be back when Gothic 3 starts :D

Tratos
15.01.2009, 14:41
Never ever use beta-drivers, even if they are supposedly recommended for a specific game. :rolleyes: Nothing good comes out of those.

Korianous
18.01.2009, 04:24
They're the perfect way to destroy your video card.