PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : game in ram but not running?

siddham
07.12.2008, 22:49
Hi,
I am trying to play G2gold from the Gothic Universe set.
I have played the game on this computer before with no problem. But recently this problem arose. Program manager tells me the program is in memory; but the game is not running.
I re-installed and I played for an hour or so. When I went back it will not start up. Same as above.
I have a Core2 duo, loads of ram and an Nvidia 8800.
Would appreciate any suggestions.

siddham
07.12.2008, 23:11
I have discovered that if I reboot it will run...but if I start-up internet explorer then the game wont run...unless I reboot.
So it seems to be some problem connected with explorer!!!

Onisuzume
08.12.2008, 00:24
I think that there's another process being activated whenever you start internet explorer.

Here's a possible solution. (http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=7073255&#post7073255)

siddham
10.12.2008, 14:22
Thanks for your reply and suggestion. So far I have not found what is blocking G2. I took note of processes running prior to starting internet explorer, and closed those not on the list after starting IE. But no luck. I am unsure if it safe to just start closing processs willy-nilly...is it ok?

Any other suggestions...

Great game by the way. I would say it even beats Oblivion for sheer immersion and story and game play.

Also...I have G3 but have not tried playing it yet. Reviews are generally very poor. I have heard that the release was a disaster, in that the game was not ready for release, and was very buggy. How is it now? Are there patches...and do they resolve the problems...is G3 playable?

I also understand they managed to mess up the new episode...!!
Incredible...are they trying to destroy the Gothic series?

Onisuzume
10.12.2008, 17:45
Here's a suggestion: switch to firefox.
Maybe that helps.

And at least you can play the game without running explorer.

DTR
10.12.2008, 17:57
But no luck. I am unsure if it safe to just start closing processs willy-nilly...is it ok?

Should not be dangerous.
After all, the OS is closing the things from your urging. Its not like you can really " Force" them off.

WernerTWC
11.12.2008, 17:03
Are there patches...and do they resolve the problems...is G3 playable?

With the actuall patch 1.6 it's playable, but i would suggest you to wait for the next and final patch 1.7, it's very promising, should come early 2009.

But for further questions about g3, please make use of the g3-help-forum:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=263