PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 1 - Mouse not being recognised

Calean
07.12.2008, 16:21
Hi
I'm a new player to the Gothic world(s) so I decided to start with Gothic (1).
I have installed the game, started the game and even played the intro all with no issues. Then I try to use my mouse and .... nada! Nothin'!! Zilch!!

My mouse pointer just isn't there! :igitt: §wall §cry

I have the options set to recognize a mouse.

I have even tried using the keyboard settings page to map my mouse and nothing happens. $zuck

Can someone please help!?

Thanks in advance!

Calean

Bastardo
07.12.2008, 18:13
Mouse pointer? There's no single instance where your mouse pointer is supposed to appear in the first 2 Gothics. But if you mean you can't look around and you're sure the setting about mouse is on - dunno. What did you mean of those two?

Ah, and welcome here.

Calean
07.12.2008, 18:32
Mouse pointer? There's no single instance where your mouse pointer is supposed to appear in the first 2 Gothics. ..... and you're sure the setting about mouse is on - dunno.
Welcome here BTW.

Ok, I'm embarrassed.... §gnah In most games, when you start the game and try to use a menu, you have a mouse pointer of some sort... be it a hand pointer, sword pointer etc... §hand (understand what I mean?)

I have not tried to actually play the game as I ass * outta*u*m*e(d) §nana that because I couldn't see my mouse pointer in the menus, that it was not being recognized.

I purchased this game new, but on the "cheap" - just the jewel case with no manual for me to look up information about key/mouse designations.

Please forgive my ignorance!

I'll try to play the game and then come back and give the results...

And thanks for the welcome! §wink

Calean

Calean
07.12.2008, 19:39
Ok, this game is FRUSTRATING!!!

I now understand that the mouse is only used for looking around and zooming. (That could have been explained somewhere - like the gameplay menu where you edit your mouse settings.....? :mad:

I have also discovered and researched the keyboard functions. the fact that you have to use two keys for anything useful is just plain old stooooopid!:rolleyes: But I am not finding information on how to get items from a treasure chest to the inventory... Is it explained somewhere - maybe during gameplay? In the manual (that I don't have)?

I have been told that this game is great - has a great story-line - kinda like the ol' Balder's Gate series in that it is long and involving. Unfortunately, if I have to go through hours of research just to understand the interface, (and remember it!!) I won't be interested enough in the game.

That's sad.

Calean

Bastardo
07.12.2008, 19:56
1. Select the item
2. Keep ctrl or left Mb pressed
3. Q and E move 1 item. A and D move 10 items. S drops items. W wears them.

You can use the same A D Q E keys to move items when trading and then press enter and accept.

Onisuzume
07.12.2008, 21:03
There is no mouse pointer in G1/2.
Mouse support was only added as an afterthought in G1... so be happy we even have a mouse in there.

I have also discovered and researched the keyboard functions. the fact that you have to use two keys for anything useful is just plain old stooooopid! But I am not finding information on how to get items from a treasure chest to the inventory... Is it explained somewhere - maybe during gameplay? In the manual (that I don't have)?
Its on pages 36-39 in the german manual, so it should be in the english manual as well.

WernerTWC
07.12.2008, 22:04
But I am not finding information on how to get items from a treasure chest to the inventory... Is it explained somewhere - maybe during gameplay? In the manual (that I don't have)?

In the german version it was explained well while the installation progress.

Try to look into the folder the game is installed, there could be a folder named "Images", maybe there you could find a manual as a *.pdf-file.

Calean
08.12.2008, 00:27
Thank you for the assist Bastardo :)

Onisuzume: I don't have a manual.

WernerTWC: Unfortunately, there are no folders named "Images" on either of the game disks or in the Gothic game directory.

I had read earlier today that there used to be a huge site where you could DL a game manual, but unfortunately, that site is no longer available as it shut down. It was http://gothic.rpgdot.com/index If anyone knows of another place where I can get my hands on a copy of the Gothic 1 manual it would be greatly appreciated.

Inside the front slip-cover of the Gothic CD case is an address for http://www.xicat.com - it states "The gotic manual is available in printable PDF format. For more information visit www.xicat.com

I went there and it is the most confusing, advertisement-filled site I have ever been to.

Thank you SO much for the assistance!

Calean

Bastardo
08.12.2008, 01:08
In the german version it was explained well while the installation progress.In my version I can only see some character artwork, I had to figure everything out for myself.

Whiplash56
08.12.2008, 05:09
The controls in Gothic 1 can be frustating I know, but in Gothic 2 all you have to do is click to do your basic actions like talk, pick up, equip, etc.

Larisa
08.12.2008, 22:47
If anyone knows of another place where I can get my hands on a copy of the Gothic 1 manual it would be greatly appreciated.

Here: http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.522

For more information visit www.xicat.com

I went there and it is the most confusing, advertisement-filled site I have ever been to.

Xicat Interactive doesn't exist anymore.

Indeed, G1 is kinda hard the first hours until you get used with the controls, but it's most rewarding later. Don't give up.

Calean
09.12.2008, 02:01
Here: http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.522

§thx §danke

Xicat Interactive doesn't exist anymore.

:rolleyes: Leave it to me....

Indeed, G1 is kinda hard the first hours until you get used with the controls, but it's most rewarding later. Don't give up.

I can't give up what I haven't started... §hehe

Calean

siddham
10.12.2008, 18:59
Well start...you will get used to the controls in no time; and there is a great game waiting for you to play...one of the best ever rpgs.