PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : help fighting

farmboy
05.12.2008, 10:04
Can any of you experts give me some tips on weilding the sword.
Right click is a full swing but wolves, lurkers and minecrawlers seem to leap back avoiding a hit. Right click gives a sideswipe and although gives less damage will penetrate their defence. I may be doing it all wrong but I have completed the game. The melee fighting seems too difficuly to master as if it's random damage. In gothic 2 I could feel differences each time I upgraded but now the differences are marginal. Does anyone else recognise this or did I just have one beer to many ?:D lol

Whiplash56
05.12.2008, 10:09
Well it depends on your opponent, for example, Wolves and Goblins are "awfully nimble creatures" and tend to use more quick attacks (especially wolves, too many hits sometimes), so it would be best to do the same and not let them get a chance to hit you. Then there are enemies like scavenger who I like to give a good power attack. So in general I would say if they attack alot then use quick attacks but if they are slow a powerful swing would do the job.

firefly1981
05.12.2008, 10:17
Swing with your body not just your arm. this will do more damage
Some blow can be block others can't. when the target is dodging then parry with a shield.
Learn to estimate the speed of moving targets, when it comes toward you then slash it and stop it in it's track.§knin

Shadow
05.12.2008, 12:27
Well it depends on your opponent, for example, Wolves and Goblins are "awfully nimble creatures" and tend to use more quick attacks (especially wolves, too many hits sometimes), so it would be best to do the same and not let them get a chance to hit you. Then there are enemies like scavenger who I like to give a good power attack. So in general I would say if they attack alot then use quick attacks but if they are slow a powerful swing would do the job.

but when you meet Ogre then you are dead
i finished FG in level 50 and still didnt kill ogre with meele weapons

farmboy
06.12.2008, 00:39
I thought there may be more to it than just clicking untill your fingers drop off. I was rather hoping to hear that there were other keys I should be using in conjunction with the mouse. At least in Gothic 2 the fighting was something to master using the arrow keys. I am truly dissapointed:(

Whiplash56
08.12.2008, 19:20
but when you meet Ogre then you are dead
i finished FG in level 50 and still didnt kill ogre with meele weapons

You must not be very good at melee combat.

farmboy
09.12.2008, 14:02
dont dis this guy. whats so difficult about click, click, click?
I find boars the worst and yet realisticaly they should be the easiest. The ballances are awful and the manouvrability worse. there seems to be almost 2 seconds lag between action and reaction when it comes to fighting, particularly dissengagement. I have a gigabite video card in a quad core comp with 4gb ram so its not my comp it's definately the game.

Shadow
09.12.2008, 17:07

lol i kill orcs,wolfs,dragons,skeletons,people,mages and one stupid ogre can kill me cause he swing his morning star like it was a feather

Whiplash56
10.12.2008, 02:54
Dual-wielding works well against Ogres, especially with the quick power attack.

dont dis this guy. whats so difficult about click, click, click?
I find boars the worst and yet realisticaly they should be the easiest. The ballances are awful and the manouvrability worse. there seems to be almost 2 seconds lag between action and reaction when it comes to fighting, particularly dissengagement. I have a gigabite video card in a quad core comp with 4gb ram so its not my comp it's definately the game.

If that's how you play the game then I can't stop you.

farmboy
02.01.2009, 11:31
I dont understand

_DieGo_
02.01.2009, 19:55
@farmboy
It's true that the fighthing system in G3 differs a lot from the one in G1 and G2, but still, comparing like this won't help.
If you're still searching for answers, well, here's how i play:
When the opponent is trying to attack just go back or jump back. If you avoided correct, when the attack is over (not really available for wild boards and some other annoying creatures that seem to never stop attacking; u have to kill those ones fast) try and hit. Keep trying until he attacks again. A hint would be not to click like a maniac, since they will keep holding back; this 'keep clicking' strategy works though if there's a wall or something that will stop their moving back.
As for the ogres, the rule from G1 and G2 applies here: you just have to be better then them (better stats, better equipment).
Also, i suggest you to watch this video: *click* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRla-MHUF3s). It's nothing big, just some good fight you could watch.
Hope i helped, good luck...