PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : G3FG: Heads up .. bug source confirmed

johns1234
05.12.2008, 04:02
I posted in another thread that my Skills info box had quit working. I found out why. It is the exact same problem I saw in G2 and NOTR. The cache for these Skills, and Stats displays is limited in size, and you can top it out. The effects are weird. It can cause long pauses or lockups; missing dialog and therefore failed quests; and probably missing voice in the dialog ...

What I did to prove it to myself .. same as in NOTR ... was I went to a chest, and unloaded everything I did not have to carry with me. I can always go back to the chest and pick up what I need later. I used the chest by Anogs throne chair, so I remember where I put the junk. As soon as I did that, my Skills info box worked again. Also, I noticed more dialog lines when I approached someone. I had been getting only one line at a time, and then I
would have to click again to continue the dialog. Sometimes I got no dialog, but re-clicking would then get it ... sometimes I had to click 3x.

I created this bug myself by wandering all over Mrytana and opening every chest, and attacking every animal, and collecting a ton of skins, teeth, and meat ... which I thought I might need. I have nearly 300,000 gold coins, and I'm not half way through the game.

I think this is a major cause of all the bugs we are seeing.

Shadow
05.12.2008, 05:35
you can finish the game with orc slayer and 1 healing potion if you good enough

money is almost useless
and the rest of the stuff you get in the game (armors,swords,bows) useless cause as far as i seen all the weapons do the same dmg and armor protect the same,and its better to have 70 dmg orc slayer the take little endr' then 210 dmg sword with that take half of your endr'

johns1234
05.12.2008, 08:28
And you know, I bet the 2 patches did not fix a single thing. The bugs are being caused by needed elements not being able to load up because there is no more room in the caches. Also, this is not FG's fault. This problem was starting up in NOTR, and I fixed it then the same way. And it's baaaak !

I've got the game playing very well now. Good dialog. Quests are completing as expected. I had some early quests from Gotha that would not complete, and now when I went back, they completed nicely. The dialog for them loaded right up.

Petyamester
05.12.2008, 11:13
you can finish the game with orc slayer and 1 healing potion if you good enough

money is almost useless
and the rest of the stuff you get in the game (armors,swords,bows) useless cause as far as i seen all the weapons do the same dmg and armor protect the same,and its better to have 70 dmg orc slayer the take little endr' then 210 dmg sword with that take half of your endr'

The more you damage the more endurance is drained?

Shadow
05.12.2008, 11:25
The more you damage the more endurance is drained?

yep
i tested it
if you take 210 dmg sword you will notice that endurance will go down faster
and if you take 70-150 sword it will go down pretty slow
its also depends on how mach STR you got

johns1234
06.12.2008, 06:55
Hilarious. I went and got my ever trusty Longsword ... my sword of choice in G3 ... and tested it against the Elder blade in FG. Shadow is right. With the Longsword, I have one hit kills on nearly everything. With the Elder blade it is a real fight, and I lose endurance fast. With the Longsword, I don't lose endurance at all. The big test was the pack of beasts at Faring by the falls. With the Longsword, I cleared them out easily. With the Elder blade, I had to run back and drink an endurance potion twice, and it was close.

Longsword .. hit 80 when sharpened. I tried to bless it, but the blessing would not take. Machs nicht !

Elder blade .. hit 220 sharpened and blessed.

I have switched to the Longsword for the rest of the game. They never coded in the new weapons did they. The old weapons are as good as they always were in G3, and the Longsword is "longer" than the Elder blade, so I take fewer hits ... if any.

Oh, by the way. I'm not trying to make fun of Trine Games. I just noticed that they are located in a place in India that is not much fun at all. I hope those guys are OK. I really mean this. I really hope those guys are OK.