PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic 3: The Forsaken Gods is unplayable

pchefkent
29.11.2008, 07:24
Hi

Just got the new xpac for Gothic3 and it is totaly unplayable for me. The frame rate is so slow that i can even get namless to move from the start. Maybe its my system, but i can play vanilla gothic 3 with minimal frame rate issues. So i dont think its that. I got it with the Collectors edition and patched up to the 1.06 version. Can anyone help? Would love to play the game, but as of now it is totally unplayable§cry

masmune
29.11.2008, 07:58
did u use any ini tweaks on gothic 3? since G3 FG uses the same engine you could do some similar tweaks

or you could wait for another patch to fix the fram rate problem

and yes it is less stable than gothic 3

pchefkent
29.11.2008, 08:23
The only ini tweaks that i did for gothic 3 is the one that enables the console and of course the community patches and the ini changes that came with them. As an aside will the changes to enable the console work with the expac?

Kostaz
29.11.2008, 08:38
Why editing the .ini s you can type "marvin"(without ") really fast and the console will be enabled

pchefkent
29.11.2008, 12:36
Can anyone make suggestions on what ini changes i can make to boost the frame rate and at least make the game playable somewhat? i tried changing the video settings to the lowest and disabled the high end features but still fps is like 1-2. Even when i try to exit the extremely low fps is evident. Im just about to give up and unistall the game.

WernerTWC
29.11.2008, 19:32
Maybe its my system, but i can play vanilla gothic 3 with minimal frame rate issues.

The AddOn runs not so good (in FPS) and has more lags than g3, ... even on high-end-PCs, ... waiting for patches seems to me like the only solution.

Edit:

disable AA, or try with 2AA only. Disable HDR, try also with shaders 2.0.

pchefkent
30.11.2008, 13:59
Finally got it to run had to uninstall a persistent antivirus/antispyware program that would not let me turn it of and updated my video drivers to the very latest one from nvidia(180.48), i have a 8800 gtx. That made the game playable, but it still has lower frame rates than G3. I would have thought that having the same engine it would have the same performance. Shows me I guess. :rolleyes:

trinitrus
30.11.2008, 14:17
The AddOn runs not so good (in FPS) and has more lags than g3, ... even on high-end-PCs, ... waiting for patches seems to me like the only solution.

Edit:

Hm... My pc is 2gb ram ATI Athlon XP 64 4000+, Videocard: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256Bit, highest graphics, norm fps, very small lags only in Trelis... It's your PC problem i guess...

chaoscrum
11.12.2008, 19:57
i had the same problem . MAKE SURE THE RESOURCE CASH IS AT HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
at low i was geting1 fps