PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Interesting findings in FG

uncle roach
29.11.2008, 00:30
I'm sure that you all noticed that weapons are to be find in metal chests. They work like special weapon chests in G3. But that's Ok by me. I found strange that i found wrath of inos on an orc (one of 3 orcs that attacked hunters on way to Ardea/Kap Dun from Montera) and an armor (ceremonial paladin) on paladins attacking hippie orcs in fishing huts on shore under Ardea (Lester was there in G3) and that the strongest weapon is "Elder something" which I carried in quest for Torus or his assistant and deliver d to orc on barricades to Gotha (200 str, 210 damage). And I already wrote about finding crown of Adanos (I think I know how that it can be found still in Myrdana - Lares stole it from hero and swapped it for fake or something like this :D)
And the comedy continues.

Question:
Have anyone else found this kind of stuff in Myrdana?

Petyamester
29.11.2008, 11:07
Of course. I once found 4-5 uber weapons in a chest. And the thief armor and the crown of Myrtana what is a bug, because I can't wear it.
What't the fun in it? They should fix this.

Larisa
29.11.2008, 12:36
Yes, there are a lot of reports of too much powerful stuff from the beginning of the game.
Let's hope it will be fixed in a later patch.

johns1234
03.12.2008, 10:02
Yes, there are a lot of reports of too much powerful stuff from the beginning of the game.
Let's hope it will be fixed in a later patch.

FG is a much more authentic RPG than was G3. I don't think it matters much that the powerful weapons come early. It helps prevent all the restarts caused by a Warg that stun-locks and eats you. FG is much more about the characters themselves, and the weapons are just not that important. In G3, they were everything. I'm really enjoying FG, but that is probably because I'm an older gamer, and I like the head game more than the battle game. I also like just wandering around exploring. That was hard to do in G3. So I'm really enjoying this addon, and so-far at level 30 I have not had a failed quest or a single "guru".

Shadow
03.12.2008, 22:21
FG is a much more authentic RPG than was G3. I don't think it matters much that the powerful weapons come early. It helps prevent all the restarts caused by a Warg that stun-locks and eats you. FG is much more about the characters themselves, and the weapons are just not that important. In G3, they were everything. I'm really enjoying FG, but that is probably because I'm an older gamer, and I like the head game more than the battle game. I also like just wandering around exploring. That was hard to do in G3. So I'm really enjoying this addon, and so-far at level 30 I have not had a failed quest or a single "guru".

+1

found:King rhobar armor in a cave near rollan the "water mage"
near montera

Petyamester
04.12.2008, 00:10
I've found that armor at the same location too.

ChangetheStyle
04.12.2008, 10:04
One of the rules in G games was the "hard to get" armors --> they represent your "social status" and your stage/progress in the game --> that's why unlike other games, in G games you don't have attribute requirements for armors -like strength, armorer skill, endurance, etc --> it was one of the KEY elements of Gothic.... ==> most G fans(G fans not RPG fans) are utterly disappointed by this change....

It's also MUCH easier just to throw tons of stuff in chests, than to actually make a balanced system ==> more disappointment for people who like a balanced game AND more resentment towards FG from G fans (myself included)

What's the point of new weapons, if you are gonna skip most of them, because you already have a stronger, better weapon...

.....and the weapons are just not that important.........In G3, they were everything......
unfortunately they weren't .... in G1 and G2/NotR they were, but in G3 they weren't IMO --> abusive close-combat combat system -> just focus an enemy till you kill him ... ||| also the stun(lock) --> ARMORS are not of VITAL importance -> even if you take reduced damage because you cannot attack while being attacked --> the HP becomes more important than the Armor <<=== the press. "inventory" game concept, screwed the ARMOR "concept" because you can heal-abuse using inv...

I also like just wandering around exploring.
The world is 3x smaller, with the best part(s) missing... also the wilderness is kinda empty --> partly joking: for me the world feels already "explored" ... and not in the good way ...