PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Guru appeared in Forsaken Gods

Magpie
27.11.2008, 11:43
Damn! I've been Jowooded with Where is the Guru-error. I installed Forsaken Gods, installed both English patches, and bum, when game finishes loading and should start a new game, I see my desktop with damn Guru-information.

I've played Gothic 3 with this same comp with no problems. So why now? and I used to play with Vista, witch uses memory quite a lot, still there was enough for Gothic 3. Now I have a dual boot, all my games are under XP Professional, no extra programs running (so XP is just for games and Forsaken Bugs is ofcourse working under XP, service pack 3 installed), and still this peace of garbage thinks that 2 G memory is not enough?

I know my videocard is not best possible, but Gothic 3 had no problems with it. Actually, there is no game i couldn't run with it, even it is never recommended. And I have a dualcore prosessor. And enough free diskspace. And new drivers :dnuhr:

Larisa
27.11.2008, 12:47
Damn! I've been Jowooded with Where is the Guru-error. I installed Forsaken Gods, installed both English patches, and bum, when game finishes loading and should start a new game, I see my desktop with damn Guru-information.

What exactly does it say in the guru error window?

Tell us what video card/processor do you have.

Does the crash happen when you start the game or after the loading bar completes?

Magpie
27.11.2008, 16:14
It just tells that exeptional access violation has happened, and thats all. It happens right after loading bar is full. Videocard is lousy ati radeon x1250, witch is not supported ( so please do not nag about it to me, I know I should buy new), but it never is supported and still all games work. They may lag, but they work. And it handled Gothic 3 without any Gurus. That is why I believe problem is something else :eek:

Larisa
27.11.2008, 16:19
Try playing with the game options: details -> custom

Your videocard doesn't support shaders 3.0

Try lowering the shader slider, perhaps also the post-processing one to off.
If that doesn't work, go with all the sliders to lowest setting possible and work from there up.

Magpie
27.11.2008, 16:43
Does this game require pixel shader 3.0? I know my card will not support that. I once borrowed Bioshock from frend, just to try even I know it needs 3.0, and game started normally, but was ofcourse unplayable. Gothic 3 does not need 3.0. Why would this need? And even if needs, game should still start but graphics would be mess.

Larisa
27.11.2008, 16:51
Gothic 3 does not need 3.0. Why would this need? And even if needs, game should still start but graphics would be mess.

It also works with 1.4 and 2.0 shaders, that's why I said to lower that slider.

Magpie
27.11.2008, 17:52
Oh, I just did not understand what you ment, 'cos slider is at 2.0 by default.

Larisa
27.11.2008, 18:02
Oh, I just did not understand what you ment, 'cos slider is at 2.0 by default.

Go lower, lower.... everything lower... :D
See if that works.

Oh, and for 2.0 shaders, disable depth-of-field.

Magpie
27.11.2008, 18:48
I will try that, when I have time. And depth of field was disabled by default, too. And from Gothic 3 I know I cannot use it ;)