PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic2 and Vista? bad combination...

Sakabato
25.11.2008, 21:45
the thing is, I mean the problem is, just this error: "Could not load the DLL library D: \Program Files \JoWooD \Gothic2 \math64.dll. Acesso inválido a localizaçao de memória."(the last part is in portugese...it says invalid access to the localization of memory)

it apears when I start the instalation of Gothic2.
is it a missing file in the CD or something???:dnuhr:

please help! and don't post spam like"damnd! I wish I could help you homie but Gothic2 works perfectly in my pc:D:p" and things like that...

Thanks...

WernerTWC
26.11.2008, 21:00
Only things comes to my mind, ... run it as a admin, ... and also try windows compatibility mode and set it to XP.

Sakabato
26.11.2008, 22:08
Only things comes to my mind, ... run it as a admin, ... and also try windows compatibility mode and set it to XP.

hmm...I think I allready tried that and it didn't worked...but I can allways try it again...^2^

Dino
26.11.2008, 22:26
Well, I think the title says it all. Catch my drift?
*windows xp

TazmanDevil
27.11.2008, 03:56
@XaLaDiNhuh
Did you turn on Data Execution Prevention? If yes either deactivate DEP or add Gothic2 setup (and Gothic 2) to the exceptions.

@Dino:
Don't you know that the math64.dll issues of JoWoods Copy-Right protection mechanism first came up on Win XP and Win XP emulations?

Sakabato
27.11.2008, 19:25
@XaLaDiNhuh
Did you turn on Data Execution Prevention? If yes either deactivate DEP or add Gothic2 setup (and Gothic 2) to the exceptions.

so haa...can you explain that better?

first, what is "Data Execution Prevention",
second, I add gothic2 to the exceptions? what exceptions man!?:rolleyes:

Larisa
27.11.2008, 19:48
first, what is "Data Execution Prevention",

Control Panel - System - Advanced - Settings (under Performance) - Data Execution Prevention.

Sakabato
27.11.2008, 20:35
right...I allready did everything TazmanDevil asked me to do, and now the error of math64.dll didn't apeard when I tryed to install Gothic2 again, but apeard the error "insuficient memory" wich is absurd, since I have more then enouth memory in both my hard discs.:dnuhr:

WernerTWC
27.11.2008, 22:38
right...I allready did everything TazmanDevil asked me to do, and now the error of math64.dll didn't apeard when I tryed to install Gothic2 again, but apeard the error "insuficient memory" wich is absurd, since I have more then enouth memory in both my hard discs.:dnuhr:

Could be a try worth:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=2885717&#post2885717

TazmanDevil
27.11.2008, 23:21
Hey, I asked you to do just one small change. ;)

Try WernerTWCs proposal (1 GB is enough for the installation); for later on I recommend to change the size of the pagefile either to a higher value like 3 GB (unless you only want to run Gothic2 on your computer) or change the size of your one-and-only pagefile to 'System Managed'

And am I right with my assumption that 'D:\Program Files' is not your Vista Program Files directory? If it is the Vista Program Files Directory, I recommend to use a different directory for your Gothic installation (makes it easier to apply patches and run Gothic on Vista)

Sakabato
02.12.2008, 21:46
allright...again, I did everything I was told to do, but it still says "insuficient memory", so haa...anymore sugestions guys?:rolleyes: