PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : G2: 0 fps in chapter 4

papajo
21.11.2008, 11:15
Hello everybody,
As you have guessed, i have a problem in Gothic 2 (1.31) in chapter 4, as a paladin: I have killed three of the dragons, i was on my way for the 4th (Ice dr) and just outside of the place where Engrom and Talbin were, i quicksaved, just before killing two lurkers. After a few seconds of playing, the game stuck. I had 0 fps (with "diego" activated). I could still move, but slower than a turtle... the same was happening in the menu (Esc). When i was quickloading, the game was starting normal, but after a while the same thing was happening!!! I tried teleporting just after quickloading, in any place, but it happened again...then i noticed something: after quickloading, i teleported to the valley of the mine pass, the game stuck again and veeeeery slowly (0 fps as i mentioned...) i passed to the new world, WHERE THE GAME WAS RUNNING PERFECT. If i was attempting to pass again in the valley of mines, the game was stucking...What the f**k...!!!
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, increasing virtual memory, defragmenting, checking for viruses and other similar stuffs... but nothing worked.
Does anyone know what's happening???
My previous savegame is in the end of chapter 3 and i wouldn't like playing allmost the whole chapter 4 from the beginning...

And something else: my PC is new, I bought it 6 months ago...

.†.MikeL.†.
22.11.2008, 11:15
That has happened to me with other games and a mere restart of the game was more than enough to solve it.
I'm not sure but try patching your game with this (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=122), it might solve your problems, i'm not certain but really, is there something to lose? ;)

TazmanDevil
23.11.2008, 01:38
I'm not sure but try patching your game with this (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=122), it might solve your problems, i'm not certain but really, is there something to lose? ;)

This won't do any good as this is the Report-Patch for G2 NOTR (v2.6); papajo is playing G2 classic.

.†.MikeL.†.
23.11.2008, 09:51
This won't do any good as this is the Report-Patch for G2 NOTR (v2.6); papajo is playing G2 classic.

Well it's the only G2 patch around and i assumed that it would be compitive with both classic and NotR.

WernerTWC
23.11.2008, 12:47

Here is the one for g2 classic:
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=278

papajo
24.11.2008, 07:54
Well, i tried the second patch (for G2 Classic), but the problem isn't solved. Too bad...
And i noticed something else, either before or after installing the patch: the game crashes when i get close to the Castle...if i quickload (in the place where Engrom and Talbin were) and continue on the way for the dragon, there is no problem. But if i try going on the way to the castle, from any direction (including the place i am now, Ancient tower, the pass to the valley of mines etc.) the game crashes when the Castle appears in my view...
Even with minimized viewing distance, the came crashes in the same spots...Of course, teleporting into the Castle is out of the question...

WernerTWC
24.11.2008, 17:41
Even with minimized viewing distance, the came crashes in the same spots...Of course, teleporting into the Castle is out of the question...

Any error messages?

papajo
25.11.2008, 06:51
Any error messages?

Not a single one!!! The game just keeps running (but with 0 fps)...

papajo
27.11.2008, 07:02
As a matter of fact, i receive (but rarely) on loading a game the error:
"B:VFILE:Err:-2:Can't find file:_WORK\DATA\SOUND\ITMW_2H_ORCSWORLD_01.MRM Code:255"
Also, yesterday i got, for the first time, a message: a runtime error mentioning something about "pure virtual function call" with a code R6025, if i remember correctly...

WernerTWC
27.11.2008, 19:15
As a matter of fact, i receive (but rarely) on loading a game the error:
"B:VFILE:Err:-2:Can't find file:_WORK\DATA\SOUND\ITMW_2H_ORCSWORLD_01.MRM Code:255"
Also, yesterday i got, for the first time, a message: a runtime error mentioning something about "pure virtual function call" with a code R6025, if i remember correctly...

Then this thread could help you:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=73753