PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Help! A question about font size

faladrin
18.11.2008, 09:37
I need help!!! My Gothic3 is working fine but the size of the font in the dialogs, character inventory,... is too small. Does anybody know how to increase that size? I found out that changing the ftt file of the gothic3 directory i can change the size of the 'flying' text (the text that tells that you are near a 'magic herb', a 'orc warrior',...) but the dialogs text remains the same small. Help!!!

Tratos
18.11.2008, 11:33
§welcome to the forum.

I'm not the best, but I'l try to help. Did you check the in-game resolution. The problem might be because it is very high - dialog texts get "smaller" this way - at least this has been true with the other gothics and generally many other games. Check if a lower resolution solves it - if it does - that's life - if not - we'll see what can be done further.

faladrin
18.11.2008, 12:29
Thanks a lot, Tratos. Perhaps you are not the best, but you are very kind anyway.

I'm afraid I'm playing at the lowest resolution possible. And the Windows resolution is the lowest possible too. Perhaps it's just a problem of my monitor (an old Hyundai) or the Nvidia. The fact is that the size of the fonts for the desktop icons is also small, but adjusting the ppp parameter it can be solved. I haven't found a way to do something similar for the dialog boxes of the game. I'm buying another monitor soon, but I'm not sure if that will be enough...and I love these games !!! (well, I'd love them even more if they didn't change the 'fighting method' every time)

Well, if there is a way to increase the size of the font, great, otherwise... well, tha't life as you said...

Thanks again

WernerTWC
18.11.2008, 19:42
§welcome to the forum, faladrin!

Could you post a screenshot of that problem?

faladrin
20.11.2008, 09:15
Sorry for the delay, Werner, I saw your reply at work and I couldn't take the screenshots until I got home...

I will post four screenshots, the first two are taken with the lowest resolution possible (it can be seen the effect of changing the ftt file), the two last with the highest. Any help will be welcomed, althought I'm afraid my only choice will be to buy a new monitor and pray to Innos...

The question is...how do I post them? I am not allowed to post attachments and the 'paste' option (i've tried from word and from paint) doesn't work...

Tratos
20.11.2008, 09:36
Upload the images on the web, like imageshack.us or photobucket.com and then post the link

faladrin
20.11.2008, 10:23
Thanks again Tratos. My first imageshack!!! (I tried photobucket before but the upload seemed to hang without explanation). Let's see if I did it well...

Two screenshots with the highest resolution...

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dibujo2highestwj4.png
http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dibujohighestad5.png

and two with the lowest...

http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dibujo2lowestlz6.png
http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dibujolowestex4.png

WernerTWC
20.11.2008, 20:11
Two screenshots with the highest resolution...

and two with the lowest...

Well, sorry, ... to me the size of the fonts in the screens look normal, so i guess it's not a sort of a bug or such.
Afaik there is no way to raise the font size.

faladrin
21.11.2008, 09:24
Don't worry, Werner, I was afraid so. Perhaps it's just that I'm used to games that use bigger fonts or that I'm getting old.§cry Anyway, my 'font problems' began when I bought my new computer, a Dell XPS420 (not a wonderful idea, I'm afraid), so it's possible that buying a Dell monitor the image gets a bit clearer (people say that Dell computers are quite 'special' when used with non-Dell components). In the end, if that doesn't improve the look of the text it will just take longer for me to finish the game (goodbye to those eight hours sessions) but I will finish it anyway (too good to miss;))...

Thanks again to you and Tratos for your patience.

See you somewhere in Myrtana...