PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : G3 epilogue screen is missing from my ending

firefly1981
15.11.2008, 10:15
I finish gothic 3 with all three ending (i finish the game without any patch) and in any ending i saw nameless narrating the future events and the only thing displayed is the subtitle, but then when i was looking into the .pak files i found something interesting in _compiledimage\_hud or something, some files with epilogue in the name, and those pictures portray the nameless forecasting of the future events, i didn't upload the image but i will try to describe it the best i can, some of the pictures portrays:
1. gorn rebuild gotha with his own hands (he was holding a stone block).
2. gorn standing on a tower holding a decapitated head of an orc boss and the crowd watches below.
3. milten studying a book and became the greatest of all firemage.
4. lester is harvesting swampweed in braga
5. diego sits above his abundant wealth
6. the paladin and the rebels marching from montera or something
7. and orc and a morra work the land together
8. saturas leads the nomad roam the land on an eternal wandering (sound like metallica - whenever i may roam)
the rest of the picture didn't quite fit the forecasting, for example:
1. cape dun tower burn down by the orc.
2. ardea burn down by the hashishin.
My question is, does any of the pictures of the epilogue above appear on your game ending, because it doesn't appear in mine, is it because i end the game without using the patch (i haven't complete the game with the patch yet), so can anyone enlighten me?

AngelOfGothic
15.11.2008, 10:28
It's unsual.The final should look something like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnKzoNAjghw&feature=related

firefly1981
15.11.2008, 10:54
I watch the videos and damn! gothic 3 ending has cutscene? my ending doesn't have any cutscene, i even found the images by accident, bloody hell! where's my cutscene gone to, and here i was thinking that gothic 3 has the most lame ending ever for not having any cutscene! is this because i uses medium quality and windowed mode? help me i want some cutscene §cry§cry§cry

UR1Z13L
15.11.2008, 11:19
Mine too didnt have a cut scene :D

firefly1981
15.11.2008, 11:29
Mine too didnt have a cut scene :D

I guess misery loves company. :D

DrakeNero
15.11.2008, 12:30
It doesn't look so unusual to me.I once had this problem too,and it seems that the smoothness of the game affects some of the cutscenes for example if you have low fps at the ending the cutscenes won't show up that's what I found out so far hope it helps...oh and sorry to be off topic now but hy everyone

firefly1981
15.11.2008, 12:35
It doesn't look so unusual to me.I once had this problem too,and it seems that the smoothness of the game affects some of the cutscenes for example if you have low fps at the ending the cutscenes won't show up that's what I found out so far hope it helps...oh and sorry to be off topic now but hy everyone

§welcome
Hmmm...So the lags didn't just ruins my gameplay but it also ruins my ending,§burn darn i need a new graphic adapter.

AngelOfGothic
15.11.2008, 12:37
My vids laways worked fine for me.I cant tell what wrong.Maybe if u dont have a good pc the movie doesnt.
And btw
Welcome DrakeNero!

§welcome

Larisa
15.11.2008, 13:08
I don't know, seems unusual for the game to not show those slides if you have low fps... I mean, it's not such a resource consuming process to show those, powerpoint can do it. :)

2 things that could be the cause: unpatched game and windowed mode. At least with patch 1.12 and run the game in full screen (I hope you have a save before the ending)
Also, what is your video card? Do you have the latest drivers for it? Do you have the latest directx? At least the one from the game's disk?

DrakeNero
15.11.2008, 13:14
2 things that could be the cause: unpatched game and windowed mode. Could've been too at least for me that was the problem and I even test it at 15 fps won't show up but at 25+ it does

firefly1981
15.11.2008, 13:45
I don't know, seems unusual for the game to not show those slides if you have low fps... I mean, it's not such a resource consuming process to show those, powerpoint can do it. :)

2 things that could be the cause: unpatched game and windowed mode. At least with patch 1.12 and run the game in full screen (I hope you have a save before the ending)
Also, what is your video card? Do you have the latest drivers for it? Do you have the latest directx? At least the one from the game's disk?

presently i played gothic 3 with gothic release update, patch 1.12 and 1.52 installed, i never play gothic in full screen, and i haven't finish the game again (now that it is patched with 1.52), but when i use the release update patch, the ending has no cutscene.
i'm using the latest drivers and directx 9.0c from the disk along with c++ distributable, practically i installed everything to prevent any malfunction, but the cutscene is gone, maybe it will be there if i turn it full screen and end the game using the patch but since i'm still in cape dun currently, i can't prove it, well then i think i'll give it a try.

jimokalos
15.11.2008, 14:15
It is because you havent patched it.I had finished it without the patch and the screens werent appearing but after i patched it it showed them!Download the CP 1.6 and see what i mean!

firefly1981
15.11.2008, 14:41
It is because you havent patched it.I had finished it without the patch and the screens werent appearing but after i patched it it showed them!Download the CP 1.6 and see what i mean!

fortunately cp 1.6 didn't work on my system, it causes more lags than ever (as i already describe in a thread), so the best that i can is using cp 1.52, i just hope i can get the cutscene, i'm on my way to finish it (with patch installed), i guess i have to cheat to finish it right away and see if the cutscene appear or not.
Can i just use cp 1.6 .p0x pak files without cp 1.6 exe, .dll?

WernerTWC
15.11.2008, 14:41
i can't prove it, well then i think i'll give it a try.

You could cheat to check:
spawn sh
Talk to that guy about game ending, leave the dialog and one end should show up.

firefly1981
15.11.2008, 14:52
Thanks all of you for the reply, i'll give it a try once i'm home.:)

jimokalos
15.11.2008, 15:14
I would give you an advice.Do not dstart again G3,w8 until the CP 1.7 is released!

firefly1981
15.11.2008, 15:40
I would give you an advice.Do not dstart again G3,w8 until the CP 1.7 is released!

Werner told me that in cp 1.7 the enemy will no longer attack in one by one formation, that is one thing I'm looking forward to.

the bloody ending finally showed up, i guess unpatched game does causes a lot of bugs, thank you all for the help, and thank you community patch team now i can get the best from Gothic 3.