PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Cannot play Notr ANYMORE

triangles
14.11.2008, 18:07
I played the game and stopped 2 months ago, I got stuck with the sleepers at the circle thing,its the mission where you have to find the amulet but the thing is that I can't kill them I just can't, they are just too good, any pointers would be helpful !

Anyway, the problem is that yesterday I wanted to restart playing so I started the game(double clicked on the Icon)and the usual black screen appeared but then nothing happened so I went on the control panel and it said that it was not responding ... Its like this every time, I had no problems before though ... If anyone can help please do.

thank you.

bergo
14.11.2008, 18:59
Repair the game with your DVD.

WhiteBrownie85
14.11.2008, 20:32
The same problem happened to me. I never found a solution, however. I remember that I simply saved all of my saved games, and re-installed the game, then just shoved the old savegames into the new folder.
What seemed to have been causing the problem, was that when the NotR shortcut icon appeared on the desktop, I had to leave it there, otherwise, if I moved it, the same problem as yours showed up.

So, basically, save the saves, reinstall, and it should work. From experience it did, anyway.:)

bergo
14.11.2008, 22:51
So, basically, save the saves, reinstall, and it should work. From experience it did, anyway.:)

It's not necessary to reinstall. Just run DVD and choose the option "Repair"

triangles
02.12.2008, 16:10
It's not necessary to reinstall. Just run DVD and choose the option "Repair"

What repair option?I have gothic universe and I don't have a repair option anywhere.

triangles
03.12.2008, 15:41
And I tried the reinstall idea but it didn't work.

WarTom
04.12.2008, 01:27
Post computer speccs and people will find it easier to lend you aid.

triangles
04.12.2008, 16:32
Thank you WarTom.

My specs :

2x 7900 gs, lanyparty mother board and a dual core possessor, all this on XP.

WernerTWC
04.12.2008, 21:46
Check out the hints (and test them) from the FAQ, sorry, ... hard to tell where the prob is, could also be a virus, spyware, a messed up windows :dnuhr: :
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=92547

triangles
05.12.2008, 21:01
Doesn't help me.

HellFog
14.12.2008, 20:59
Something like that happend to me a while ago, I had a messed up registry and Lots of viruses like win32 jeefo, trojan, etc.

try geting someone to fix your registry, if it's bad maby you could also reinstall your OS...:dnuhr: and get rid of viruses (if you have)