PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Problem with Community patch 1.6

firefly1981
10.11.2008, 14:50
I installed community patch 1.6 and the result is my game suffers lag here, there, and everywhere like celine dion song, while before the patch my game runs just fine (lag only happens during hefty situation), does community patch demands a hardware higher than the original game? and is there a way to overcome this?

Lobedan
10.11.2008, 14:59
Community-Patch 1.6 includes a new caching to minimize one kind of crashes. Unfortunately result these kind of lags out of it. On fast computers they are a little bit weaker, but at the moment there is no way to clear this problem.

Larisa
10.11.2008, 15:19
CP 1.6 doesn't modify the hardware requirements, maybe the changes to the code don't work as intended on some systems.
Try again without 1.6, just with 1.12 (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=118) and 1.5.2 (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=128)
So, do a clean reinstall (keep a backup of the savegames)

Other than that... play with the video settings in G3's options (different setting for texture quality, postprocessing, etc.)...
Defragment the partition where G3 is installed...

firefly1981
12.11.2008, 14:15
I installed the other patch like you suggest mistress and it works, no lags, i guess the cp 1.6 is not compatible with my system, i hope the next cp would be compatible, well thanks to all of you for the aid. :)

juletred
24.11.2008, 23:16
Hey, I have the same problem as the guy who posted this. I did just as you guys told in this post, I reinstalled the game and installed every patch except 1.6. My problem now is that i dont find my old savegames because I get this message about an old date or something.. :( Please help me!

Larisa
24.11.2008, 23:32
every patch except 1.6.

I hope that means only 1.12 and 1.5.2 (in that order). If you installed more than these 2, maybe something is messed up.

an old date or something.

More details would help. Where does it says something about the date? When you try to load a game? When G3 starts?

Btw, welcome here §wink

juletred
24.11.2008, 23:51
jeez, thanks for quick answer! I thought i might have to wait playing gothic 3 until tomorrow.. :p

Well, i installed every patch there was to find to be honest.. maybe thats whats wrong? The message i get is: ''Unknown date'' in the ''load game'' section in main menu.

Thanks dude

Edit:
oh, and by the way! I wrote ''thanks dude'' before i even saw your username :p I'm Sorry :)

Larisa
25.11.2008, 00:05
Well, i installed every patch there was to find to be honest.. maybe thats whats wrong? The message i get is: ''Unknown date'' in the ''load game'' section in main menu.

Try this: backup your savegames

Uninstall the game. Manually delete the leftovers from where the game was installed (usually Program Files\JoWood\Gothic III\), install again, install patch 1.12, install patch 1.5.2. Copy back the savegames (in case the uninstall removed them) and try again.

Note: if you don't have the retail version (downloaded from D2D or something like that), say here, those usually come already patched to date.
If you have the disk from the Universe edition (which is a compilation of G1+G2+notr+G3), the game is already at 1.12. Applying 1.12 could cause errors, so in this case, put only 1.5.2.

I wrote ''thanks dude'' before i even saw your username :p I'm Sorry :)

It's OK. :)

juletred
25.11.2008, 00:15
whoa, that actually worked :D Thanks alot!!

Now, the final, and maybe most important question.. :p Will not having patch 1.6 installed ruin my gaming experience in any way? Is it a vital patch to get the most out of the game or will it work fine without it?

Larisa
25.11.2008, 01:15
See for yourself :) :
http://dl2.worldofplayers.de/wog/gothic3/patches/CP_Changelog_en.txt