PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Delocalizing Gothic 2

Cheeky Sparrow
09.11.2008, 15:04
Hi guys,
I have Gothic II NoTR 2.6 in Russian, and the localization really pisses me off. Anybody knows if it's possible to "delocalize" the game and make it English?
My guess is that I should get my hands on some files from English version.. then overwrite the existing files. But that's rather complicated. Maybe installing an English patch would help?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jimokalos
09.11.2008, 15:27
Well yes,there is a way.Do what this here (http://www.worldofgothic.com/gothic2/?go=addoninstall) tells and it is english!:D

Korianous
09.11.2008, 18:04
That's for installing the German DNDR addon over the English Gothic II. The game itself won't be in english.

I suppose an idea would be to replace the Russian OU.DAT with an English one. That would take care of the subtitles at least.

Someone else was getting annoyed with the russian version of Gothic II Gold a while ago. According to him:

The thing is that the sound and the conversations are all in English
but the menus are in russian, if only i could somehow to modify some file
or something, i know that the game supports english text becouse
im using a "save" file, someone gave me from a pure english G@ NOTR game and
it changed the quests he did\do\done to english text.

If this is the case ( I only have the English version, so I'm not sure) just replacing the ou.dat should take care of all the text.

Tratos
09.11.2008, 19:23
What about the other file, you know the *.csl (or *.lsc) thingy? I think that needs to be changed too. I had to do it once with G2 Gold to make it english.

Cheeky Sparrow
09.11.2008, 19:25
Thank you jimokalos.. I've installed one file from the link you gave (fan translation, I guess), it took care of the subtitles..
Thank you, Korianous! I'll use your advice as well. However speech is awful as well, not only the subtitles..
one thing I loved about first Gothic was the voice-over
so I think I need "speech.vdf' files. Will try to find them...

Onisuzume
10.11.2008, 01:12
Thank you jimokalos.. I've installed one file from the link you gave (fan translation, I guess), it took care of the subtitles..
Thank you, Korianous! I'll use your advice as well. However speech is awful as well, not only the subtitles..
one thing I loved about first Gothic was the voice-over
so I think I need "speech.vdf' files. Will try to find them...
Don't think you'll find those.
Its a pretty big file after all.

Unless you "acquire" it through other sources.

Cheeky Sparrow
10.11.2008, 12:09
Don't think you'll find those.
Its a pretty big file after all.

Unless you "acquire" it through other sources.
Yep I certainly understand they're over 1.5 Gigs. But some of my friends could have non-bastardi... I mean non-localized Gothic 2, so that could be a solution.

Korianous
14.11.2008, 17:28
§prost good luck with that mate.