PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gothic II notr lags

LtSawwyer
05.11.2008, 22:05
Hi guys

I have a problem , I noticed that almost every 5 seconds i have a small lag it doesnt slow down the game but its really anoying i have English version 2.7 does anyone have same problem?

is there someon who can tell me how am I supposed to deal with this i tried a lot of things but the damn lags are still there.§cry§cry

Tratos
05.11.2008, 22:53
Usual solutions:

Install latest drivers (GPU, CPU)
Install latest Directx9.0c
Defragment the hard drive
Remove some processes from the Task Manager before starting the Game (i.e. Ctrl+Alt+Delete)

Have you noticed an increase in real-time CPU usage for a certain process when these lags happen? (if yes, it may be smth I had - just post the info)

And of course - do post your sys specs.

Cheers §wink

Dino
06.11.2008, 06:34
hmm... I never faced a problem like this before.

You should try this (http://www.evonsoft.com/computer-repair.html) program. It's free, and works really great. However, if you can pay for a registry cleaning program, I strongly recommend you buy Registry Fix. (http://registryfix.com/) IMO it's the best one for that job.
*in the site of registry fix it says you can try and download it for free, but it won't fix any of the problems you have. at least you can see how many they are*

LtSawwyer
06.11.2008, 09:42
Hi

I've allready cleaned up the registry with program, installed brand new GPU drivers i try to defragment hard drive and i will check the changes with cpu ussage when lags happening..
And I could try to install new CPU drivers if I'll find some

system:
PCU AMD 3700+
RAM 1024 DDR
GPU Geforce MX 6600
i quess this is enough to play gothic on the best details or not?:eek:

Dino
06.11.2008, 09:47
^ no, not on best. I have simillar system and I play the game on medium-high, and I have no lag.

LtSawwyer
06.11.2008, 12:58
So the expansion reqieres better hardware than i Have rigth?....
I played gothic II on the best details and I had no problemes at all.
but I tried to change resolution from 1024*768 32 back to 800*600 16 and lags were still there.
So I'll try to set settings to min.

LtSawwyer
06.11.2008, 18:06
And i have one more problem... I can't start normal gothic II or Notr without applying .exe crack it just appears in processes in task bar but it wont start
I read that it's due to programs which provide virtual mechanic.

Anyway
I tried to set performance to minimun but still no better, I dont know where the problem is hidden.§burn

WernerTWC
06.11.2008, 19:23
I can't start normal gothic II or Notr without applying .exe crack

Stating crack using or other illegal behaviour, or hints to bypass any copy protection will not be tolerated on these forums.

See this as an official warning, and please not let this happen again, thx.

bigsnappy
06.11.2008, 22:20
This reminds me of a problem I once had.
It may be that you are running low on memory while playing G2.
You can try pressing 'ctrl+alt+delete' to open the windows task manager. Have a look at the processes (programs) that are running in the background and how much of your memory they are taking up. To free memory try closing some of the processes that take up a lot of memory, and then restart G2. If the lags are gone now you have solved the problem!
But the next time you start up XP the problem will be back. If you really have a memory limitation I suggest installing another Ram-Module on your motherboard. That worked for me!

Tratos
07.11.2008, 08:57
@bigsnappy - Dito. I mentioned that in a post above. Anyways, you can always use Start -> Run -> msconfig to make sure UNEEDED programs don't start at startup. Careful though, some of them ARE NEEDED.

@LtSawwyer - Don't forget about the DirectX thing.

Also, I did have a similar system before, however that MX there doesn't look to good. Anyways, I were able to play on GeForce 6600 at about 200-220% viewrange. Even now, with a 7900GS, I still can't always play at 300% viewrange.

Last thing, the newest nvidia software now offers many new settings in its revamped menus. Like being able to tune the GPU to 'quality' or 'performace'.
If the slider is on Quality, and you're getting 8x anti-aliasing just on the desktop - then the problem is obvious. §wink

P.S. Keep posting if it did/didn't work.

LtSawwyer
07.11.2008, 14:12
Tratos you're the man
you solved my problem I had 2x anisotropic filtering on the desktop
i turned it off and no lags:)
I'm so glad , I've almost lost my will to live:D

I hope this will never happen again, I hope the filtering was the reason.
I set details in Gothic notr to max and really no lags...

Thank you so much

Tratos
07.11.2008, 16:53
Glad I could help. ;)

P.S. Meh, try and put it to 16x anisotropy and 8x anti-aliasing and 300% viewrange. I did that. Heh - 10FPS. :D

LtSawwyer
09.11.2008, 12:12
§cry
I'm desperate, No lags worked only once and they are back again..
I used Marvin mode to show fps I have 75 and suddenly it jumps down to 64-68 and than back to 75...
Well
this (link removed) is where I got Notr from.
try it if you will have same troubles:(

Edit WernerTWC:
Suspicious link was removed.

Tratos
09.11.2008, 13:42
Firstly, even 50 FPS is good.

Secondly, no wonder you get probs from a pirated version. No more help from me. :rolleyes:

Onisuzume
10.11.2008, 09:34
§cry
I'm desperate, No lags worked only once and they are back again..
I used Marvin mode to show fps I have 75 and suddenly it jumps down to 64-68 and than back to 75...
You sound like a spoiled brat.
*Any* FPS above the 30 is good.