PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gorthom's Sword

patrunjelu
13.01.2008, 15:11
It is a Gothic 1 MOD iv'e been working on, helped by some other friends.
It does not feature new graphics, just a new main story, and some secondary quests.
Even if the main quest is available from the 1st chapter, you will need several items that can be found only in the next chapters, in order to advance through the story.
Download (http://worldofgothic.ro/dwn/gorthom_sword.exe)
It is our first MOD... so it may have some bugs (i've tested it for like 1 day and i 've fixed some bugs...)...
tell me what you think, have fun, and don't cheat :D
thx

WarTom
13.01.2008, 15:23
It sounds like an interesting MOD, but you should write some more information about it:)

patrunjelu
13.01.2008, 15:31
ok i'll tell you more about the storyline:
It all starts when a Firemage from Khorinis summons a demon. Rhobar acused him of necromancy and killed him. The demon managed to escape, and now is free. It's special power is to possess other's mind, making them his slaves.
Some paladins were sent by Rhobar to hunt the demon. Arkon was one of them, father of Nero and Gorthom. Arkon had a sword, which weald, would have offered it's strenght to other weapons from it's surroundings, and only the sword and the weapons imbued by the sword's strenght would have been able to harm the demon. Arkon gave the sword to Gorthom, but unfortunately, he could not tell him what power it posesses. Arkon disappeared in the same day as the demon (Arkon was brought to the VoM by the demon) and because of his disappearance, Gorthom acused Nero of his father's death. Nero took the sword from Gorthom, stealing it in the night just like a thief. Gorthom wanted it back, and it all resulted in a conflict.
Lord Andre exiled them in the VoM because of acts of violence.
In the VoM their conflict continues, but the "game" is "played" by the demon too!

--that would be the storyline :D

MyrThan
13.01.2008, 16:05
is it compatible with NoName mode?

patrunjelu
13.01.2008, 16:23
well... I never tested it while having NoName installed, but there shouldn't be any problems...

kthy0056
13.01.2008, 17:14
well... I never tested it while having NoName installed, but there shouldn't be any problems...
There should be since both mods are working with scripts.
Anyway you can still use the textures from the noname mod(in the setup you choose only the textures)

Powaz
13.01.2008, 17:25
Sounds good ,BUT the paladins and Lord Andre arived only after the "Fall of the Barrier"

kthy0056
13.01.2008, 17:30
Sounds good ,BUT the paladins and Lord Andre arived only after the "Fall of the Barrier"
In the mod a group of paladins came to hunt the demon.One of them is Lord Andre.
There is no mention in the game when Lord Andre arrived so he may have been already there:D.

Tratos
13.01.2008, 17:46
... "game" is "played" by the demon too! ... :eek:

Gerrard
13.01.2008, 17:48
"game" is "played" by the demon too!
How is that? You are a demon?

Berthegar
13.01.2008, 17:52
it sounds very interesting. How long have you been working? It must have been lots of work.

kthy0056
13.01.2008, 17:55
How is that? You are a demon?
No oh lol
Patrunjelu said "played" as the demon is playing an important part in the mod :D

patrunjelu
13.01.2008, 18:06
yes kthy is right.
we've been working on it for like a month and a half... and there were 4 persons working on it :D

Cyrus35
13.01.2008, 19:22
Why don't you say who work for this mod?!
First we need to thanks to Oldflash, because he is the one who learn us how to make a mod and the software that we need, so thx Oldflash!!!!
Now the team who made the mod is:
Patrunjelu(scripting and story)
Cyrus35(scripting and story)[me :D]
Kthy :P
Raziel(but he left the team in the first week)
So we hope that you will enjoy the mod :D

Master of Doom
13.01.2008, 21:09
I have a question.... Should the MOD work???
(of course it should! But it does not!!)
I really need to know how is it activated (if it's like the other mods: it says "the file is corrupt or unsupported module type")

And I tryed to download it again...

Altair-AoD
13.01.2008, 21:21
I have a question.... Should the MOD work???
(of course it should! But it does not!!)

§xlol §xlol §xlol

Give us more details about your problem... LOLZ

Cyrus35
13.01.2008, 22:58
You will need the "GothicStarter" and give us more details pls!!
Have you played others mods? or do you already have other mods instlled?

Master of Doom
14.01.2008, 06:49
Yes I had other mods installed but I deleted them to make THIS mod to work...:mad:

And the MOD should be Winamp ????????

And where can I get the starter ??? coz I don't have it anymore.

Hellbilly
14.01.2008, 07:20
The player kit can be downloaded from here (http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=28).

Master of Doom
14.01.2008, 07:33
THK :D

But it does not work...... I can't press Install even with the right folder (E:\Program Files\Gothic 1\)...

Bamfy
14.01.2008, 08:25
that is strange!maybe you allready have it installed?:D
try to unnistal gothic and the player kit(and maybe the mod),then instal them again!:D
it always works for me!

Cyrus35
14.01.2008, 13:14
Man, you have so much problem! lol! i don't know why is not working on your pc.
Try to reinstall gothic and the player kit, and start a NEW GAME!! the mod doesn't work if you play on a saved game.

MyrThan
14.01.2008, 13:41
I'll try it rite now,hope it works...So the path is C:\Program Files\Gothic\ no?srry 4 the noobish question;)

Altair-AoD
14.01.2008, 14:43
Man, you have so much problem! lol! i don't know why is not working on your pc.
Try to reinstall gothic and the player kit, and start a NEW GAME!! the mod doesn't work if you play on a saved game.

each mod has its own savegame folder you cant load the game you must start a new game (unless you move the saves:) ) ;)

i get the feeling this Master of Doom is making fun of us ( :eek: he has other mods but he doesn't have the player kit im wondering how he plays them )

MyrThan
14.01.2008, 19:45
wait,what player kit?:eek:

I don't know how to select the textures from the setup ,soo I'll just dezinstall noname mod...IF even that doesn't wok,I give up:rolleyes:

and there's something I don't get it...There should be a traiectory,path or a icon something showing me that the mod is instaled,no?Can plz someone tell me what's the name of the icon?

WernerTWC
14.01.2008, 21:24
I'll try it rite now,hope it works...So the path is C:\Program Files\Gothic\ no?srry 4 the noobish question;)

The path can differ, do a reinstall of the game and keep in mind in what folder it will be installed.

wait,what player kit?:eek:
The player kit hellbilly already linked:
http://www.worldofgothic.com/dl/?go=dlfile&fileid=28

and there's something I don't get it...There should be a traiectory,path or a icon something showing me that the mod is instaled,no?Can plz someone tell me what's the name of the icon?
In your gamefolder you'll find that file if it's installed correctly:
D:\g1\Data\ModVDF\gorthom'sswordIg1.mod

MyrThan
15.01.2008, 00:37
one more question............Were can I find gorthom? I will proimise to shut up if someone can tell me where is his location :D

kthy0056
15.01.2008, 13:18
one more question............Were can I find gorthom? :D
In the Old Camp.Just circle around:D.

MyrThan
15.01.2008, 14:12
yep,I found the little guy but there is a problem...I found the demon too:eek:thx anyway:D